Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Generally if you go off hold it puts you very early in line based on your original order date.
I’m not sure if this is a true statement I ordered my model Y last year in June 2020, Knowing that I wouldn’t take delivery until this year however I took my car off hold June 30. First I had a delivery date holding steady from 7/5-7-26. Today I checked and it now says 9/23-9/30. SMH

I’m not sure if this is a true statement I ordered my model Y last year in June 2020, Knowing that I wouldn’t take delivery until this year however I took my car off hold June 30. First I had a delivery date holding steady from 7/5-7-26. Today I checked and it now says 9/23-9/30. SMH
I'll have to second that. I ordered my MY 2/23 of this year. Completed my profile on 6/15. My SA seemed to think I would be pushed up the line but clearly I didn't. I'm still looking at a Sept date for possible delivery.

Last edited:
My EDD was constant at 8/22-9/15 for a week and just bumped this morning to 7/25-8/14. Im
Happy! Ordered in Feb but didn’t complete delivery tasks until mid June.

LR, MSM, White, 5, No Tow in Bay Area.
This is giving me hope! Not a whole lot. But same scenario. Ordered in Feb, completed profile mid June. But I ordered solid black and I don't see too many people with that order. My EDD is end of Aug-Mid Sept. :confused:

Hi everyone! First time posting on here. i placed my order on 6/20 and its been a rollercoaster a ride in the first 3 weeks. My EDD changed literally everyday. Before yesterday it was showing 8/20-9/3 but then yesterday I got the dreaded "October" EDD. Are the constant date changes normal?

I'm in the NYC area and my configuration is MYLR White/Black, 19", 5 seater, no hitch, no FSD. Also, no home delivery was available which is strange because I live within 13 miles from the Brooklyn location. I thought I would be a prime candidate but who knows at this point.

Nice meeting everyone.

Hi everyone! First time posting on here. i placed my order on 6/20 and its been a rollercoaster a ride in the first 3 weeks. My EDD changed literally everyday. Before yesterday it was showing 8/20-9/3 but then yesterday I got the dreaded "October" EDD. Are the constant date changes normal?

I'm in the NYC area and my configuration is MYLR White/Black, 19", 5 seater, no hitch, no FSD. Also, no home delivery was available which is strange because I live within 13 miles from the Brooklyn location. I thought I would be a prime candidate but who knows at this point.

Nice meeting everyone
I think everyone in our area got October yesterday. I placed my order on May 1 and by now I have a feeling those EDDs mean nothing 😂

Reactions: BitJam and moe0059
I think everyone in our area got October yesterday. I placed my order on May 1 and by now I have a feeling those EDDs mean nothing 😂
When I spoke to Tesla they said that the September/October generic EDD is just a placeholder based on order date and doesn't really mean anything other than to give some sort of initial estimate. Once the vehicle ships they add a real EDD and send a text/email soon after about scheduling delivery.

Can someone explain the sequence of payments to me? I understand to order I'll be charged a $100 ordering fee. At delivery I'll have to make full payment. Are there any mandatory or interim or down payments in between, and if so, what is the trigger for them?