Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does it matter which batteries are in the car if they don't adjust the price or the range though?
I'm thinking yes. First, you have the solid three piece construction that will help fit and finish issues, and the lower center of gravity and body stiffness that will help performance. Then I'm guessing if you have the new batteries you're only a few magical software updates over the next year to getting increased range in the same way they magically created an acceleration boost over the air.

Reactions: moe0059
  • Order Date: 04/2019 for LR RWD.
  • Missed $48,990 price.
  • Changed to LR AWD: 03/2021
  • Tesla placed my order on hold until 09/2021: 04/2021
  • Waiting for New Headlights
  • CA EV Rebate funds are exhausted ($2,000)
  • Tesla Updates my order date: 05/03/2021
  • Radar is removed from Model Y.
  • Passenger Lumbar is removed from Model Y.
  • Tesla Updates my hold date to 10/2021: 07/2021
  • Removed Hold on Order: 7/8/2021
  • Current EDD: 07/12-07/22
  • Delivery: ???
  • After I get my car -> All new Model Y have the new headlights I had been waiting for.
Hmm, wish I could give my EDD to some of you guys here because I would actually prefer to wait until the end of the Quarter as I am still working from home and still want to wait to see if the new headlights ever come to the LR.

• Missed $48,990 price.
  • After I get my car -> All new Model Y have the new headlights I had been waiting for.
Hmm, wish I could give my EDD to some of you guys here because I would actually prefer to wait until the end of the Quarter as I am still working from home and still want to wait to see if the new headlights ever come to the LR.
I heard that only the performance model y get the new headlights

Reactions: BitJam
  • Missed $48,990 price.
give up on the new headlights.

Reactions: PNWLeccy
I heard that only the performance model y get the new headlights
It is.. Let them hope, they'll either gain or lose features by putting orders on hold.

I keep hearing that in the future, Fremont will get LRMY and Texas will do the Performance. It will have the big casting machine, new battery production and new headlights.

I keep hoping for something good to change, rather than features being removed, like the passenger lumbar.

Reactions: PatrickTM
I just called a SR and asked about my order/EDD since it still says September, but it has had a VIN for a while. She said that the VIN means the car has been built as they don't attach a VIN to the account before manufacturing is done. She said that means it is waiting to be shipped, so I should most likely expect an update in the next 1-2 weeks with a new EDD. She said I would most likely be able to take delivery later this month. So the generic September/October EDDs are just placeholders that stay in place until shipment. So there is some hope!

Reactions: und2000 and RatsFPV
We must have the same SA. LOL.
Location checks out (I’m actually out in Jefferson Township, but still delivering to Easton). As much as I may whine, he’s been no worse than anyone else I’ve bought a car from in the past. At least he acknowledged my wife’s existence and asked if she had questions, which is fairly rare for car salespeople (even when we were buying her car).

Location checks out (I’m actually out in Jefferson Township, but still delivering to Easton). As much as I may whine, he’s been no worse than anyone else I’ve bought a car from in the past. At least he acknowledged my wife’s existence and asked if she had questions, which is fairly rare for car salespeople (even when we were buying her car).
I can't knock the guy too hard. He actually sent me a text confirming my order was in and looking good. He just hasn't replied to emails and voicemails. Since I ordered only a month ago, I've decided not to hover every day.

I just got my 1450 outlet installed and all my accessories have arrived. My next goal is to not look at my EDD until I get a VIN assigned (I will fail miserably...but it's a goal).

MYLR | MSM/Black | 19" | no tow | no FSD
Ordered: 6/11

Reactions: BitJam and Darblish
Saw this on reddit and twitter. If this is true all the wait and delays are forgiven if we get the 4680 cells lol. Also called the Somerset showroom, and had a great chat with Mike there. Wouldn't give the date they have but said it looks closer to sept than not. At least it's something more than I had. Also asked him if it would be quicker to pick up in Ohio instead of Michigan and he told me that that isn't as big a factor as we're more just waiting for Fremont to make our car. He did mention something about deliveries being easier in Michigan but I think that was more in relation to them sitting in Ohio only if they haven't been funded yet. Which from what I understand they need to be paid for before they get into the state... I'm not sure on this tbh because I've heard conflicting things about how Michigan deliveries work.
I researched Tesla and Michigan quite a bit and Michigan has a law that says a manufacturer is not allowed to sell directly to consumers. So every automaker must sell to dealers who sell the cars to consumers.
January 2020 Michigan changed the law to allow Tesla to deliver vehicles directly to consumers. This works only if you wire the money to California while the car is still outside Michigan.

Reactions: Jermayan and BitJam
I can't knock the guy too hard. He actually sent me a text confirming my order was in and looking good. He just hasn't replied to emails and voicemails. Since I ordered only a month ago, I've decided not to hover every day.

I just got my 1450 outlet installed and all my accessories have arrived. My next goal is to not look at my EDD until I get a VIN assigned (I will fail miserably...but it's a goal).

MYLR | MSM/Black | 19" | no tow | no FSD
Ordered: 6/11
Let me know how all that “not looking” works out. I said the same thing. I’m down to 4 times a day. 🤣🤣😂

• Funny
Reactions: TheRock23
It's never good to wake up on a Saturday morning and have your EDD moved from a week-long 7/20-8/3 to a new and disappointing 8/13-9/2. Alas, such is my fate. Speaking of fate, last night I was officiously explaining to my wife, posturing as if I knew something, that I would guess our delivery date would be mid-August. Oh, irony, you cheeky bastard.

Ordered 6/5, for those into schadenfreude. Yes, I had to look up how to spell it.
After holding steady at 8/1-8/22 mine just moved to 8/8-8/29. Ordered on 5/21. Hoping us San Antonians get moved up soon!

Maybe its just me but it sounds completely backwards… like if i lived close why would i want home delivery, i would think that is something that people who live far from a DC would be eligible for and interested in but what do i know ROFL
You’re right. It is completely backwards! My understanding is that home delivery is offered to make it more convenient for Tesla employees, not the customer. Primary goal is to alleviate congestion at the DC, and NOT for customers to have an easier delivery experience.

Home delivery to someone living 200 miles from a DC would mean a 4+ hour drive (with charging/traffic), and a full day of time expended for up to two employees. So they’d much rather do the 30 mile home deliveries.

Reactions: BitJam
That pic of the 4680 cells was interesting. Has there been any word on if/when Fremont will start building with them (I know Texas will, but they won't be online for a while yet)? Would be a pretty cool surprise to end up with the new cells.
My guess is there might be MYLR's out of Fremont with front and rear castings (rear is is already in use) but not the 4680. I don't think 4680 would go without the structural pack and the structural pack won't go with 2170.
I wouldn't hope on new battery tech out of Fremont but I'm down for a surprise