Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone explain the sequence of payments to me? I understand to order I'll be charged a $100 ordering fee. At delivery I'll have to make full payment. Are there any mandatory or interim or down payments in between, and if so, what is the trigger for them?
Absolutely no payments in between. Wednesday I have scheduled you a delivery date they will want their payment but until then nothing.

Can someone explain the sequence of payments to me? I understand to order I'll be charged a $100 ordering fee. At delivery I'll have to make full payment. Are there any mandatory or interim or down payments in between, and if so, what is the trigger for them?
Absolutely no payments in between. Once they have you scheduled for delivery, they will want the full payment but until then nothing.

Reactions: Wigan
Once a VIN is assigned, Tesla begins to nag you for final payment. Some people wait until they see the car at the delivery point before they EFT the final payment, which can be done via Plaid (their electronic payment service of choice) or by standard ACH using your bank account number and your bank's routing number.
So the 'final payment' will either be the initial down payment if you're financing through Tesla--$5,000 or whatever--or full payment if you're paying cash or getting your own financing?

Even though I think EDD means nothing, I'll throw in my dates. Since the end of June I was at July 24th-August 13th. Yesterday it changed to August 16th - September 3rd. Today it is July 16th - August 2nd.

I have no clue. It'll happen when it happens.
They will give you a date when your car will be available and then you use a link in your delivery text to schedule.

So I got my delivery text on a Sunday, and the options I got were the following Thursday, Friday and Saturday

Reactions: gniss39
Once a VIN is assigned, Tesla begins to nag you for final payment. Some people wait until they see the car at the delivery point before they EFT the final payment, which can be done via Plaid (their electronic payment service of choice) or by standard ACH using your bank account number and your bank's routing number.
I didn't get nagged for final payment.

Once my order was ready for pickup, I got an email from Tesla outlining next steps including what to bring to pickup, which includes payment.

The delivery center also gave me a call to confirm I have the details I need. If you don't bring everything to pickup, they won't release the car.