Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That would be tempting. But getting a 21Q3 car already means you have features that a 21Q1 car did not have. By the time your 21Q4 car arrives you could talk yourself into skipping it and waiting for a 22Q1 car based on leaks and rumors of all the goodies coming out of Texas.
Oh hell no, lol I can't wait till Q4 but I can wait another couple weeks if it means im getting something "new" for it. I dont want to by any stretch as we only have one car right now and well its beyond complicated... but yeah... I asked my SA about it but he hasn't responded yet

I asked Tesla via text and they said they haven't recieved confirmation yet but as I've heard they might not be the best source 🤷🏻‍♂️

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210712-124433.png
    Screenshot_20210712-124433.png
    728.4 KB · Views: 82
Reactions: bet_america
I wanted a MY but then I didn’t due to them removing the radar. But after shopping other cars and reading how vision works fine, I wanted a MY again. The MY just makes the most sense.

I finally placed my order. MYLR, White Paint, Black interior, Induction. ED is October right now.

I’m planning to finance but don’t want to apply early. I don’t want it to expire and have to apply again. I completed the first 3 steps of the profile. What should I choose for payment? If I choose finance would I be required to apply early? I know with BMWFS, when I custom order, the rate is locked for 60 days. If it expired, they can just extend for the current best rate. No new credit app.

Also, how accurate is the payment breakdown when choosing finance? Doesn’t allow me to choose how much down payment I want. I can only drag the monthly payment. I’m assuming the monthly payment includes the tax, title, destination, etc?

Reactions: CharlesCastle
I wanted a MY but then I didn’t due to them removing the radar. But after shopping other cars and reading how vision works fine, I wanted a MY again. The MY just makes the most sense.

I finally placed my order. MYLR, White Paint, Black interior, Induction. ED is October right now.

I’m planning to finance but don’t want to apply early. I don’t want it to expire and have to apply again. I completed the first 3 steps of the profile. What should I choose for payment? If I choose finance would I be required to apply early? I know with BMWFS, when I custom order, the rate is locked for 60 days. If it expired, they can just extend for the current best rate. No new credit app.

Also, how accurate is the payment breakdown when choosing finance? Doesn’t allow me to choose how much down payment I want. I can only drag the monthly payment. I’m assuming the monthly payment includes the tax, title, destination, etc?
I chose the "cash" payment option and let my SA I plan on updating to financing when I get a VIN/ the car makes it to the lot.

T
Got my VIN yesterday! 230XXX

My EDD's have been all over the place just like everyone else - and most recently switched to a generic September again Thursday and Friday before getting my VIN saturday.

Ordered 5/16 - so will need to reapply for financing
Got my VIN yesterday! 230XXX

My EDD's have been all over the place just like everyone else - and most recently switched to a generic September again Thursday and Friday before getting my VIN saturday.

Ordered 5/16 - so will need to reapply for financing :(

This gives me hope! I ordered 5/17!! CT resident, shipping to Mt. Kisco. My EDD is 9/2-9/28 unfortunately but hopefully means nothing! MSM, induction, black interior, no tow, 5 seater, no FSD. Thoughts on when you think ill get lucky with a VIN?

Reactions: smophiee
Ugh. Had an EDD of 07/13-07/31 for weeks. This morning it’s been updated to 08/07 - 08/27

Order/profile complete date of 05/15. This is getting to be beyond the 4 - 11 weeks I was originally quoted. Pretty frustrated
@Andy2003 I'm still holding out some hope for us Utah guys. Similarly my date jumped from about your same July dates to July 29th to August 18th. Then this morning (after the normal update time) it moved back to July 15 to August 4th.

Reactions: Ryano90
@bet_america and @cgell looks like from posts this morning we are in the same club with VIN225XXX and EDD September. I'm really curious about why we are still in limbo. I pinged my SA this morning via e-mail and will share if there are any actionable updates. I'm imaging they build cars and blocked in the older ones in a back corner of the lot, but who knows...
So I got an update from my SA, he wasn't able to see at the store level if the VIN has bio mode or not but can see that it was "born" on 7/9 @8:37 🐣

So hopefully all the 255xxx VIN's and later have Bio mode... We are scheduling my pickup now for the 28th so 🤞🏻🙏🏻

I can't believe you are still showing September! thats just insane 😣

So I got an update from my SA, he wasn't able to see at the store level if the VIN has bio mode or not but can see that it was "born" on 7/9 @8:37 🐣

So hopefully all the 255xxx VIN's and later have Bio mode... We are scheduling my pickup now for the 28th so 🤞🏻🙏🏻

I can't believe you are still showing September! thats just insane 😣
It should my 232 has biodefense per an advisor

When do I get assigned a SA? Would this also delay delivery?
My first time vising a SC when i test drove for the first time I "met"/ got assigned an SA who told me that when I order to send him my order number and he can handle things like this for me on the back-end.

If you've never been to a SC call your assigned SC and ask for an SA, introduce yourself and let them know you want to work with them, give them your order number and tell them you are doing the "cash" payment option as a hold until closer to delivery day... my excuse was that I was refinancing my home and couldn't compromise my credit until after the refi.

Reactions: PatrickTM and RyMY

The payment breakdown is pretty accurate. I had my SA confirm and it was spot on. I chose cash just to get to the next step, when the car is close to arriving I'll just change it to financing. I've seen plenty of people do that and your SA can just change it. I refuse to fill out a credit application when the vehicle does not have a firm delivery date.

Reactions: RyMY and ajs847