Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I got an update from my SA, he wasn't able to see at the store level if the VIN has bio mode or not but can see that it was "born" on 7/9 @8:37 🐣

So hopefully all the 255xxx VIN's and later have Bio mode... We are scheduling my pickup now for the 28th so 🤞🏻🙏🏻

I can't believe you are still showing September! thats just insane 😣

My 255x build was in Burminham, AL around three hours ago when I heard from my SA... not sure how long it takes to get from Fremont to LA but I would guess it left a day or two ago
Dang 2 weeks to go from Birmingham, AL to your hands in Orlando. That is a special kind of waiting hell. Just take a road trip :p

So I got an update from my SA, he wasn't able to see at the store level if the VIN has bio mode or not but can see that it was "born" on 7/9 @8:37 🐣

So hopefully all the 255xxx VIN's and later have Bio mode... We are scheduling my pickup now for the 28th so 🤞🏻🙏🏻

I can't believe you are still showing September! thats just insane 😣
Just talked to my SA -- she confirmed it is still at the factory (hasn't left the gates) but unable to respond about the biodefense filters. They are hoping for delivery before 7/23 🤞 so not September, but no details until it leaves the gates...

I just called for an update and they were unable to give me a manufacture date which they said is most likely due to the car still being in the build process. So hopefully that means that I get HEPA. That being said, they couldn't even confirm that it is a feature at all for the model Y. They actually asked where I heard about it.

So got the update from my SA just now... the MY is out of the factory and making its way through AL right now. Should be to the SC on the 25th.

AWESOME!!! You'll have to let us know if you've got bio mode! also, what's your VIN #?
I hope you get it sooner than that!

Thank you! I didn't even know MY was getting Bio Mode until I read this. That would be awesome if I do get it. Definitely will keep you posted.
VIN 231xxx

I wanted a MY but then I didn’t due to them removing the radar. But after shopping other cars and reading how vision works fine, I wanted a MY again. The MY just makes the most sense.

I finally placed my order. MYLR, White Paint, Black interior, Induction. ED is October right now.

I’m planning to finance but don’t want to apply early. I don’t want it to expire and have to apply again. I completed the first 3 steps of the profile. What should I choose for payment? If I choose finance would I be required to apply early? I know with BMWFS, when I custom order, the rate is locked for 60 days. If it expired, they can just extend for the current best rate. No new credit app.

Also, how accurate is the payment breakdown when choosing finance? Doesn’t allow me to choose how much down payment I want. I can only drag the monthly payment. I’m assuming the monthly payment includes the tax, title, destination, etc?
I'd select Cash as the option, then when it gets closer to your EDD- apply for financing whether it be a credit union (what I did) or Tesla. If you are going with Tesla, just call your local Service Center and ask them to change it to Loan. Then you be able to apply from that point on. Since the EDD are so wishy washy, I would wait up until 2 weeks before delivery to apply for financing, since most lenders only give you 60-90 days from approval to fund the loan.

Hope this helps and welcome to the fam :)