Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whenever I ask my SA about my EDD he always says that “the date you are seeing in your account is correct.” Mind you I ordered 5/23 in Tysons VA. My EDD says October.
Tyson has not impressed me at all. Zero contact from them, I've called several times during business hours, haven’t gotten anybody to answer, left messages, no return call.
I feel like they think im the fat kid that eats hair and boogers and smells like if yankee candle had a “Someone Left the Cheese Out For a Few Weeks”

Just scheduled my delivery for 7/22 at 10AM.
Fingers crossed everything goes as planned shipping wise.
Hardest part will be that I'll drive it from the dealer straight to the shop to get PPF and ceramic coating which will take 4 days including cure time.
I feel like those 4 days will feel longer than the 30 days I had to wait for delivery after I removed the hold haha.

Just scheduled my delivery for 7/22 at 10AM.
Fingers crossed everything goes as planned shipping wise.
Hardest part will be that I'll drive it from the dealer straight to the shop to get PPF and ceramic coating which will take 4 days including cure time.
I feel like those 4 days will feel longer than the 30 days I had to wait for delivery after I removed the hold haha.
Did you actually schedule the delivery with someone? Mine just showed a date on the site after my payment was processed.

Im not sure if this has been posted or not. It’s showing 4-8 weeks for new orders!

Attachments

• 6B3C08AA-F991-417A-83A9-1350C1443E2C.jpeg
    6B3C08AA-F991-417A-83A9-1350C1443E2C.jpeg
    160.7 KB · Views: 74
All the cars are shipped to the DC, but some DCs are way over-capacity and cannot accommodate in-person deliveries, so they send an employee to drive your car to your house. It's unfortunate that they don't communicate, and change it up without asking. It's in the forums that we find this info. Please update if you're able to get it changed back to in-person delivery and what their policies are for switching back to in-person.
I called my SA and changed it back to delivery at the dealership. Only caveat is they can hold it for only 3 days after your assigned delivery date and if you can’t make it to the dealership to pick it up, it will be reassigned.

I also found it weird that although my home delivery was set to 7/17, my SA told me that the earliest I can pick it up at the dealership is 7/18 because they need a day to inspect it. Unfortunately due to my work schedule, I can’t pick it up until 7/20 in the afternoon. What a tease!

YMMV. This is for the dealership in Buena Park (SoCal).

I was going to address this to my fellow Performance folks, but just generally...

When I ordered the MYP I took the estimated date being much shorter to mean that Performance gets prioritized/is a shorter wait time/etc. Has this actually had bearing in reality? Are Performance models turning around more quickly? Or should I start accepting that my real delivery date is still a ways away since I ordered 6/26, even though my current EDD is right around the corner (7/26 - 8/15).
MYP here as well. I have heard white delivers faster since many people order white but I haven't heard whether or not P is faster than LR. My order date was 5 days prior to yours but my EDD is whatever shows below in my signature.

Reactions: sunshine3200
For the ppl saying they don’t gave an SA did you order online or go into dealer? I walked into dealer and placed the order inside after test drive. And i call that location and ask my questions.
I ordered online. I just tried calling the local SC to hopefully speak to an SA. I guess I got routed to the main center. Asked about my financing pre-approval expiring in a couple of weeks. Basically, just wait and see what happens. I aske about not getting any contact from anyone at Tesla since placing my order 5/21. She said that is totally normal. Until you get a VIN assigned, don't expect anything.

• Funny
Reactions: sunshine3200
MYP here as well. I have heard white delivers faster since many people order white but I haven't heard whether or not P is faster than LR. My order date was 5 days prior to yours but my EDD is whatever shows below in my signature.
Yes I had long range at first, called in to change to performance and SA said I would get it a lot faster.

Reactions: CGeiser
I ordered online. I just tried calling the local SC to hopefully speak to an SA. I guess I got routed to the main center. Asked about my financing pre-approval expiring in a couple of weeks. Basically, just wait and see what happens. I aske about not getting any contact from anyone at Tesla since placing my order 5/21. She said that is totally normal. Until you get a VIN assigned, don't expect anything.
That is true. I never heard from them unless i reached out. This is the first text I got since ordering 6/13. Had Long range but changed to Performance model on 6/16.

Reactions: Sabercoug
Seems variable. I was poking around looking at Teslas and asked about a trade in value to assist in deciding whether I wanted to do the "easy way" of Tesla trade in or if I was going to have to work on selling my current car privately, and got a call from an SA near Detroit almost immediately asking if I wanted to place an order. I explained I wasn't ready to order yet and they respected that (seems rare these days). When I eventually ordered online, had a call from an SA at the brand new facility in Grand Rapids almost before I finished the ordering process. Have had great contact from them, though I get a lot of "party line"answers. I don't blame them for that, though. I think most of them don't have much information either, and are doing the best they can. I am guessing part of the responsiveness I see is because it is a brand new Gallery and SC, opened within the last few months. They have not yet been beaten down by angry customers wondering why the EDD is all over the place and asking "where the heck is my car".

Reactions: Sabercoug
Seems variable. I was poking around looking at Teslas and asked about a trade in value to assist in deciding whether I wanted to do the "easy way" of Tesla trade in or if I was going to have to work on selling my current car privately, and got a call from an SA near Detroit almost immediately asking if I wanted to place an order. I explained I wasn't ready to order yet and they respected that (seems rare these days). When I eventually ordered online, had a call from an SA at the brand new facility in Grand Rapids almost before I finished the ordering process. Have had great contact from them, though I get a lot of "party line"answers. I don't blame them for that, though. I think most of them don't have much information either, and are doing the best they can. I am guessing part of the responsiveness I see is because it is a brand new Gallery and SC, opened within the last few months. They have not yet been beaten down by angry customers wondering why the EDD is all over the place and asking "where the heck is my car".
I got 3k more selling to Carvana.

Reactions: ajs847
I got 3k more selling to Carvana.
Agreed, the offer from Tesla was TERRIBLE. Luckily I have a relative with a used car lot and he made me a good offer, even though my current car is "higher end" than he usually sells. But now he is in limbo as much as I am, as I can't give him my car until I have the Tesla, and right now my 5/15 order is showing an Aug 31-Sep 20 EDD...sigh. I think the MI shenanigans regarding Tesla and the new Gallery that is not on the way to anywhere else are working against me. Hoping I don't lose the window of opportunity on the used car shortage.

Reactions: Jermayan
Tyson has not impressed me at all. Zero contact from them, I've called several times during business hours, haven’t gotten anybody to answer, left messages, no return call.
I feel like they think im the fat kid that eats hair and boogers and smells like if yankee candle had a “Someone Left the Cheese Out For a Few Weeks”
I ordered from Tysons too. I called a couple weeks ago and was told by my SA that it would be at least late August or early September, but no further explanation. I wish they’d let me do home delivery because I’m like 60 miles away from Tyson’s Corner and they said I’d still need to drive there.