Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took a test drive in a MY about 2 months ago. Today I finally got the wife to go for a test drive. I am retired so I lots of time, she works full time so is very busy. She was hesitant and not all that thrilled, but said she would give it an honest eval... 2 hours later we paid $100 down for a Blue Long range Model Y. Due in October.
Revised ETD....16--30 Sept

Yea I had the same thoughts when trying to purchase a house this entire year. Apparently everyone does have $60K sitting around and $100K over bidding money for a house.
I feel your pain. I bought (and overpaid) for a house August of 2020. It was a major pain the A because the seller was literally unwilling to work with us on anything, no matter how big or small. It was unpleasant.

Reactions: yeafoshizzle
The waiting process and following delivery dates are really frustrating but it is too difficult just to stop. I ordered on June 16 a MYLR 7 seats, MSM, black, tow hitch and FSD. The delivery dates have been bouncing back and forth all the way between Aug 8-27 to Aug 24, Sep 13, it is showing Aug 17-Sep 06. At this point I hope I get it before mid Sep. This is my first Tesla!

With the amount of times they have pushed back the EDD to Sept. & Oct. now, especially for those of us with April and early May orders, their quality check better be wayyyyy above PAR. It is ridiculous to wait 20+ weeks for the production of this car😤😤. Its not like you are ordering a limited edition car being produced in very small quantities. On top of waiting this long to have a 50k+ car with visible defects is just unacceptable.

On one hand I am happy that Tesla as a company is doing well and have forced the legacy automakers to take electric cars serious because these gas prices are just insane. But on the other hand Tesla's time will be running short in a few years to improve their manufacturing QC, customer service, and service centers, because once the competition is established in the market a lot more people will not feel bound to just a Tesla because they are the best product ( keeping my eye on Lucid and Rivian as strong contenders in the next 3-5 years, followed by the legacy automakers in about 10yrs or so). For now I'm willing to suffer in patience for the MY just because their technology is above everyone else in the market right now.

Scheduled! Ordered on 7/6 delivery will be 7/21. I don’t know what series of coincidences or luck I ran into. I hope this is a sign that people that have been waiting will get their cars soon. Will update when I pick it up.

Attachments

• 8CFBB0DA-CC53-4B57-AD63-7336E66B6599.jpeg
    8CFBB0DA-CC53-4B57-AD63-7336E66B6599.jpeg
    114.2 KB · Views: 61
What are the steps after receiving a vin? Do I just wait for a phone call? Do I call someone?
You will you get a text and email to schedule your delivery. I called my SA to check to see where the car was and he was able to provide an estimated time of arrival. 24hrs after I was able to schedule. Then you will have to add bank info to pay your down.

Reactions: tt_mand
I agree. The charging network is what sets Tesla apart from the rest. I have wanted a Tesla for a long time but the reason why I wanted has changed over the years. 2-3 years ago it was because Tesla was the only one that offered an EV for under 50k that had 200+ mile range and isn't a car that everyone has. But now there are cars out there that hit what I need 200+ miles per charge (have a 4 year that can't go more than that at one given time), have fast charging, has OTA update, nice tech, driver assistance. But what kept me at Tesla was the network, realistically the closest competitor to the charging network is Electrify America and those charges have issue, and what will it be like in 5 years when EVs are all over? Ford, VW, Audi, Chevy, Porsche etc are all equipping their cars to use that network. So in 5 years that network is going to be in brutal shape because to stay ahead of the rush they had to start building and planning for it years ago and didn't.

That being said, I am all for EV adoption and would be open to sharing the Supercharging network. But charge more for other cars and give Tesla owners free charging or 5 year free charging or cheaper cars....something. Or throttle speeds to 100kW.

For the fanboys out there, I love Tesla and I am buying a Tesla because I do believe that they are the best EV on the road, but Tesla is not perfect and there are reasons why people may choose a different EV, not everyone cares about a 1.9s 0 to 60, 400+ miles of range, the advanced infotainment systems, the driver assistance....so when those don't matter there are very valid other options out there. And if Tesla can't figure out there customer service, that could be the breaking point for some. And yes, I do my research so don't tell me I don't know what I am talking about.

Sorry to derail the conversation, back to EDD
I agree with a lot of what you said, except limiting non-Teslas to 100 kW - that would mean they would just be sitting at the supercharger longer, taking up a stall a Tesla might need longer, etc…charging more I think is the right option.

Reactions: joewithblueMY
Scheduled! Ordered on 7/6 delivery will be 7/21. I don’t know what series of coincidences or luck I ran into. I hope this is a sign that people that have been waiting will get their cars soon. Will update when I pick it up.
Meanwhile lots of people waiting way longer for that same spec. I would fly to Vegas to get that car - just a lot of BS how they allocate vehicles. Congrats on the fast delivery - enjoy it!

Reactions: Soklean
The waiting process and following delivery dates are really frustrating but it is too difficult just to stop. I ordered on June 16 a MYLR 7 seats, MSM, black, tow hitch and FSD. The delivery dates have been bouncing back and forth all the way between Aug 8-27 to Aug 24, Sep 13, it is showing Aug 17-Sep 06. At this point I hope I get it before mid Sep. This is my first Tesla!
I ordered on 6/21 (MYLR) and my dates are same as you.

Lol you’re going to have to many ppl in this chat punching the air.