Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you complete your order on 4/13 though? Or did you do financing or something else in your profile later that could have delayed you? Surprised to still see a 4/13 on here..
So originally I chose financing and my SA told me not to apply until 5-7 days before my EDD (said that a completed profile doesn't require a loan offer). That didn't seem right to me and I reached out to somebody on here and they recommended that I change it from a loan to cash. I think it was my birthday, so on 4/16 my profile was complete.

I’ve actually thought about this an wondered, especially because the oldest orders appear to be low cost orders (like white paint, stock otherwise, etc…). Maybe they hope some of these people cancel and they sell the car at profit instead of a loss or wash… that would be said as I think I probably fit in that bucket. That said, they eventually have to fill the order…
I've wondered the same thing. I have this feeling in the back of my mind that they are kicking the can down the road until I cancel.

So originally I chose financing and my SA told me not to apply until 5-7 days before my EDD (said that a completed profile doesn't require a loan offer). That didn't seem right to me and I reached out to somebody on here and they recommended that I change it from a loan to cash. I think it was my birthday, so on 4/16 my profile was complete.
Exactly the messaging that I got when placing an order. Don’t rush to select or complete your finance application until within a week of your Delivery etc. I didn’t listen and completed it anyways.

now the people looking at the order are saying my profile doesn’t show complete for about a month from when I had the finance approval, which is BS. I did have a trade in consideration with Tesla which I rejected the minute I got their valuation. They took 3 weeks to get it together.

It also looks like 4680 is still a ways out
when he started talking about 36 flavors of battery chemistry I almost fell over. there's no way they have a finished product ready to go into a production vehicle if they're still sorting through 36 iterations and figuring out how to fit a cathode into the pack.

what I gathered from hearing Elon speak re Model Y production - supply chain and part shortages have hampered their production, they have the capacity to nearly double their output if everything was on equal footing. Doesn't make me confident in my ED.
I caught that they have been dealing with those issues for a while, I wonder if Tesla accounted for these when making the MYs "sold out"? because if they reduced their "sold out" thresh-hold could be accurate, if not 😬 . We will see

when he started talking about 36 flavors of battery chemistry I almost fell over. there's no way they have a finished product ready to go into a production vehicle if they're still sorting through 36 iterations and figuring out how to fit a cathode into the pack.
When has Elon ever delivered on time? I expect the new batteries at the tail end of next year

Knowing that it is a ways out does make me feel better about my decision to pull the trigger when I did though

It also looks like 4680 is still a ways out
Yeah I listened to the whole thing and the most telling thing Elon said was that they were "optimistic" about the 4680s being ready, but not certain.

It also seemed like he was saying that we might have Austin MYs with structural battery packs without 4680s - did anyone else notice that?

Sorry this has to be the wrong forum for this, but like most of you I live in the waiting room... :)

heyyyy my birthday is 4/16 too! beautiful day!

I picked her up!!! Meet Candy!!! Very seamless pickup and only 2 minor issues. Gaps look great and car is AWESOME!!! It is worth the wait.

Attachments

• IMG_2300.JPG
    IMG_2300.JPG
    709.7 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_2302.JPG
    IMG_2302.JPG
    673.8 KB · Views: 58