Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I apologize, I am catching up from last night. I just wanted to add that on the call, one of the exact examples he used was seat belts and how if those are short supply you can’t deliver the car. So maybe he used that as an example because they have had a seat belt supply issue? Which would make the 7 seater less likely to get produced
Oh for sure. I get it. I might not like it, but I get it haha.

Countdown to 1000

It looks like each page is 20 posts so we only need 353+/- more posts to hit 1000. Yesterday was 221 posts between from 8am - 8am so if we get a full day of sharing stories of common misery, stress and lack of information from our SA's we can have at least something to cheer about at the end of the day!
challenge accepted. just so there is no way @gisseLdesire can get their car before page 1000. But to your point it definitely wouldn't be like this if there were better lines of communication within Tesla to their SAs then they could have better expectations and then we would only be at page 800

Don't mind me. Just posting so that we're closer to 1000 pages.

Also because my VINxiety is eating me alive.
LMAO @ MY 1st WORLD PROBLEMS.

But honestly, I'm feeling very confident. I was told on Saturday by Tesla Order Support that my MY made it to Mesquite, TX (about 3 hours away) and that the moment the car hits ATX they will let me know.

They also said "We're almost there! :)" and I really appreciated that.

It's the little things...

I haven't been waiting that long so not coming to complain as much as add to the information flow on this forum.

Ordered 6/25. TX delivery. LR, MSM, induction wheels, 5 seats, white interior, & FSD. EDD range in the beginning was about mid august to early september. Since it's been as late as mid to late september and as early as the first week of august. Last week it held steady at august 13 - september 2 until sunday morning when it moved back one day to august 14 - september 3.

Despite having only waited for 4.5 weeks, the wait is killing me. So solidarity to those that have been waiting much longer. Hope you all get your cars soon!

Can you please elaborate on the "No access to the OnStar" thing. I am planning on buying a forester for my wife some time end of this year.
This is only applicable for MA residents unless you have similar laws in your state...

From my understanding, the button on the mirror for support and the like will not work. Similarly, access to the car from your phone using the app will not work. It just seems dealers haven't gotten everything together to align with MA laws... This isn't the first, and won't be the last, time MA has 'MASS-ified' things and made it worse...

I would certainly make it a point to inquire with the dealership before making a purchase to understand if you are not getting everything you are paying for.

I actually think the ruling by the FTC last week in regards to Right to Repair will alleviate a lot of issues for everyone on phones, tractors, cars, etc...

Reactions: vvkp
Fourth day straight with no EDD here. Probably less worrisome than watching one move around a bunch. Yeah, that's what I'll tell myself.
Same here. None of this makes sense to me. I ordered June 5 and have had dates in July August September and October. I’m not sure if I like having no date better. Smoke with my service advisor and he Is unable to give me any explanation. This sort of thing makes you think about your life choices :)

Same here. None of this makes sense to me. I ordered June 5 and have had dates in July August September and October. I’m not sure if I like having no date better. Smoke with my service advisor and he Is unable to give me any explanation. This sort of thing makes you think about your life choices :)
what did you smoke with him? :eek:

If you had a product that kept selling out would you stop people from ordering it? Did Apple do that? No self-respecting businessman is going to do that. You’d do what they’re doing: Raising the price to see what the market will bear.

Prices aren't at the level "market will bear", it's a small increase up to, IIRC, the original MSRP. Further, outside of increase supply chain costs you have very real inflation. If they aren't raising MSRP's by 3 points or more per year they aren't being responsible to shareholders.

A true market will bear scenario would be testing this at the $65k level, but they wouldn't (just yet) because order volume is just as important. They've yet to find that sweet spot, clearly, but they will and they won't offer an explanation other than typical SC costs, .etc.

I do agree that they have every right (and responsibility) to continue accepting orders, raising prices and increasing demand. It makes zero sense to shut things down because it's not at capacity. So, you're right. This is a for profit business model.