Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh for sure. I get it. I might not like it, but I get it haha.
I hope @nship03 this isn't true about 7 seaters! I can't really drive my backup cars much past October!

From the looks of my reading and such, 7 seaters are bunched up and built in a larger run.

I ordered 6/2 and for the most part still tracking to the later side of my original EDD time frame. But expect to be about 2-3wks later than that estimate baring a big shift in the coming weeks. You ordering at the end of June, consideration for everything taking a bit longer, plus add in end of QTR, I'd think end of Oct into early November is most likely and still in-line with the behavior over Q2 and the current Q3.

I apologize, I am catching up from last night. I just wanted to add that on the call, one of the exact examples he used was seat belts and how if those are short supply you can’t deliver the car. So maybe he used that as an example because they have had a seat belt supply issue? Which would make the 7 seater less likely to get produced
Just to clarify - Elon said that they were missing controllers for seatbelts and airbags. He said it stopped production for 3 days iirc.
Elon's whole theme seemed to be two things:
1. Manufacturing Large things (like cars) at a high volume is extremely difficult with around 10,000 parts and processes.
2. Manufacturing speed (or even ability) is constrained by the slowest of those 10,000 parts and processes.

The seatbelt/air bag controllers issue was him showing that lacking one tiny part can prevent them from producing "we can't ship cars without seatbelts and air bags".

0251869D-4204-4691-906F-74B34098EF67.jpeg

If this isn’t a tease IDK WHAT IS! saw these babies on the high way today. & one BLUE model y 😒😩😩😩

Attachments

• 1132BF44-E381-40E2-A0AB-24E62B1BE1AF.jpeg
    1132BF44-E381-40E2-A0AB-24E62B1BE1AF.jpeg
    506.1 KB · Views: 60