Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered 7/11 and have EDD of 9/18-9/30. (End date of 9/30 has been constant; front date has moved between 9/15 and 9/21) Granted I’m in SoCal so might be eligible for the EOQ rush. But then again EDD might disappear tomorrow.
Shout out to Irvine! I ordered a few weeks before you, but hoping you make it for EOQ rush.

4/21 order, pushing 15 weeks in with a new EDD of Aug 1st to Aug 20th (which of course I don’t believe).
Holy moly, hoping you get a VIN soon. Hopefully that EDD Is somewhat accurate at least. I don't know Tesla considers NV "west coast", but it doesn't seem unreasonable for you to be coming up soon as Tesla starts to shift focus closer to the west coast.

I had ordered my Model Y 7 seater on July 3rd and I am a receiving the car on July 30th. It was initially scheduled for delivery in September but all of a sudden they brought it closer. Anyone else on the same boat, where in the car was delivered within a month?
July 30th...you're taking delivery today?

Reactions: iratre and CSTARZZ
Shout out to Irvine! I ordered a few weeks before you, but hoping you make it for EOQ rush.

Holy moly, hoping you get a VIN soon. Hopefully that EDD Is somewhat accurate at least. I don't know Tesla considers NV "west coast", but it doesn't seem unreasonable for you to be coming up soon as Tesla starts to shift focus closer to the west coast.

July 30th...you're taking delivery today?
yes, I am taking delivery today. I am trying to figure out what is happening as no one else has reported an earlier delivery.

Reactions: iratre and CSTARZZ
LOL!!!!! YESSSSS!!!! Now the fun part starts! Im gonna need a uhual to take all the accessories on delivery day! 🤣 This gets me so excited for all of us cause if I made it we all can.
So happy to see you get a VIN - another win for #teamblue! My accessories pile is covered in cobwebs and most likely new colonies of previously unidentified species have taken root within the pile and now call it home. These #teamblue VINs are keeping me excited, but my EDD moving out a day every day still does a great job of squashing that excitement each morning. 😁

Tomorrow will be my 12 week anniversary of the start of this agonizing wait...keep those VINs coming Tesla!!

So happy to see you get a VIN - another win for #teamblue! My accessories pile is covered in cobwebs and most likely new colonies of previously unidentified species have taken root within the pile and now call it home. These #teamblue VINs are keeping me excited, but my EDD moving out a day every day still does a great job of squashing that excitement each morning. 😁

Tomorrow will be my 12 week anniversary of the start of this agonizing wait...keep those VINs coming Tesla!!
Go #teamblue, I would miss refreshing the page after 5AM PST everyday 😂

I have been curious lately about VIN and down payment. I was thinking about paying my down payment as soon as I get the VIN to complete the process and save my financing from expiring as well as possibly preventing the VIN from being reassigned as so many have had happen. Are there any disadvantages to not doing this other than giving up the down payment a bit earlier than necessary?
I have been in this forum long enough to have read all 1,030 pages (unfortunately) and have seen a few stories on here about people who paid the down payment and had the car taken away and then have to fight a few weeks to get the money back. Just throwing that out there. Most would advise not to pay any money (outside the initial $100) until and only after you have inspected the car and are willing to accept it. But several have paid before seeing it as well so to each their own I guess.

Go #teamblue, I would miss refreshing the page after 5AM PST everyday 😂
It is definitely self-torture and has become a habitual part of my morning routine that I will almost miss. Make coffee, shower, brush teeth, head to work, refresh Tesla page, cry inside a little, check forums, catch up on the 173 pages that appeared since checking just before bed around 8 hours before, do a little work, refresh again and read through the new 27 pages on the forum, cheer for those with VINs while simultaneously feeling your rage meter climb since they ordered 7 weeks after you...

You know - a typical day.

I really don't know what I am going to do with all my spare time if I ever actually get the car delivered. Maybe write a book or get my pilot's license or something?

Last edited:
I guess only now I realized it is just happening to me. Now I am tensed as to what could be the reason? Any thoughts ?
I was of course joking a bit - it has happened, but it is about as rare as spotting a unicorn running down the freeway. I would definitely call your SA if you have one and find out what is going on. Strange to have a delivery scheduled and at 3:00 PM on the day of having no idea what is going on. Although stranger things have happened I guess.

Reactions: PatrickTM
I was of course joking a bit - it has happened, but it is about as rare as spotting a unicorn running down the freeway. I would definitely call your SA if you have one and find out what is going on. Strange to have a delivery scheduled and at 3:00 PM on the day of having no idea what is going on. Although stranger things have happened I guess.
The scheduled time was based on my request. This Monday I realized that the scheduled delivery date online changed for me to July 26-August 09. Then on Wednesday they texted to schedule for a delivery and we agreed on Friday 3:00 PM based on my schedule.

I have been curious lately about VIN and down payment. I was thinking about paying my down payment as soon as I get the VIN to complete the process and save my financing from expiring as well as possibly preventing the VIN from being reassigned as so many have had happen. Are there any disadvantages to not doing this other than giving up the down payment a bit earlier than necessary?

I actually don't even have the option anymore. It used to give me the option to add a bank account but now it says Next Steps: We will contact you to sign contracts and make final payment prior to delivery" with the Review button greyed out.

1627672795714.png

Only other issue I can think of is paying via ACH would take longer to reverse if you declined delivery of the vehicle for whatever reason instead of bringing a check.

Reactions: CGeiser