Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We’ll have a 4+ hour drive home from the SC when we take delivery (it’s currently taking 7-8 hours because of the indefinite I-70 canyon closure) 🙈 I’m terrified of making that drive without PPF, so we’re going to tape up the whole front end with painters tape before we leave the lot
Sounds like a good plan--maybe even ask the SC to leave their protective film on it...

Reactions: collaGOunltd
Has anyone considered delaying their delivery in order to get a MY from Texas? I'm most interested in potentially better paint.
  • I believe if you put it on hold, when it's released you go to the bottom of the queue. Is that correct?
  • What happens if you don't pick it up/refuse delivery? Do you go back to the bottom of the queue?
  • I also have a lower price locked in and don't want to have that affected.

Order Placed March 2020
Put on hold March 2020
Released from hold June 2021
EDD 23 Aug - 12 Sept

Been lurking here for a few days but I thought I’d join in on the madness. I ordered a blue, MYLR, 5, white interior, stock everything else on July 2. Was originally given the 10-12 week estimate and the EDDs starts have fluctuated between late August and mid September since. Then of course I was caught in Octobergedden for a few days. Then got a 9/12-30 for a few days and just got updated to no EDD this morning. Who knew supply chain management was such an emotional roller coaster 🤷🏻‍♂️

Anyways - hello fellow anxious masochists!

Definitely keep your NEMA 14-50 adapter. But no need to lie or fabricate stories about it. But if someone does ask, just tell them it’s a $45 part and you’re not including it as part of the sale/trade.
Is this the adapter you all are referring to? Tesla shop says that it comes standard with the purchase of any Tesla vehicle. I'm buying a Chargepoint for home charging and wasn't planning to buy another adapter.

1628169920566.png

Reactions: MBx4
Looks like it does go by interior color. Looks like the interior color is the batches production. So they do a batch of cars no matter the exterior color with all white interior, then the switch it to all black interiors. Right now they must be one White interior as 90% of what we have seen get VINs right now have been white interior. Judging by the data that has been collected so far from data sheets we can conclude that White interior is less likely to be ordered that all black interior.
All this means is that their seating manufacturing line is making a run of one color or another. Assembly is a completely different story. And the orders you see being fulfilled here are a small sample, which might not be representative of the larger population (any statisticians here, please feel free to comment!).

I just don't think there is enough data in our sample to make any inferences about what Tesla is building and fulfilling when. But it is certainly fun to speculate. Makes the wait pass.