Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry to everyone who is before me in line who’s still waiting - no idea how I cut ahead. Guessing I just happened to have the right build in the right place.

EDD is now 8/19-8/25, no delivery scheduled though. No email or text, VIN just appeared when I refreshed.
Don't apologize to anyone. If it was you choosing VINs and who got them, then yes. I'm happy for you. "Dont hate the player, hate the game!" Good for you!

Yo, I got my VIN on the page last Friday and I'm sitting here with no knowledge of when my next point of contact really will be. Hoping I take delivery next week or sooner!
Same here VIN 7/31, earliest delivery date 8/16 which I booked.

DC initially said that I should get link to schedule when car is wishing 7 days of arriving to them. I got the link last week, 8/3, but SA says car is in only scheduled to arrive 8/15.

Crossing fingers that it arrives in good enough shape to go through with pick up.

OK people, since someone said that VINs hid in the page source, I took a look. MY MSM May 31 order is, again, out into October so I'm not surprised that I'm firmly in a state of vinlessness (is that a thing?). I do websites for a living and I wanted you to know that our Tesla friends have Google Tag Manager on the site so they know EVERY SINGLE TIME you look at your page. It would probably be an impossible task but wouldn't it be so cool if all waiting people suddenly stopped looking! All at once, no traffic on the account pages... I'm sure that would quickly reach EDD (Elon's Desky Desk).

If Tesla stalks this forum, I'm so screwed! Maybe if we tell them we're vaccinated?

Totally agree, I also don't think it's the right approach. I know we're all trying to get creative, but if people were to actually "flood their lines", well...that is the definition of a DOS attack - not recommended. If everyone actually did it, it might take their number offline/unavailable for a bit. Either way, zero impact to Fremont manufacturing operations.
Completely agree. I think the ask is increased communication, and over communicating demands may do the exact opposite of the end goal in mind. The model S team was pretty solid in their approach, maybe a simi
Hello everyone!

Im scheduled to pick up my MYLR tomorrow at 3pm at the Plano Texas SC. The review agreements button is still grayed out for me so I haven’t been able to pay. I was told it will show up within 24hours of my appointment. This is really stressing me out as my SA is not answering any of my texts or emails. I really don’t want this car to be given to someone else since I haven’t had the chance to pay it yet. Has anyone experienced this before??
you didnt make it through the 7 layers of teslamotorsclub hell yet, stick around for three hundred more pages and it'll magically turn blue, i promise.

OK people, since someone said that VINs hid in the page source, I took a look. MY MSM May 31 order is, again, out into October so I'm not surprised that I'm firmly in a state of vinlessness (is that a thing?). I do websites for a living and I wanted you to know that our Tesla friends have Google Tag Manager on the site so they know EVERY SINGLE TIME you look at your page. It would probably be an impossible task but wouldn't it be so cool if all waiting people suddenly stopped looking! All at once, no traffic on the account pages... I'm sure that would quickly reach EDD (Elon's Desky Desk).

If Tesla stalks this forum, I'm so screwed! Maybe if we tell them we're vaccinated?
I am really screwed then considering I have a bot that checks like 15 zip codes every 30 seconds and my account orders every 15 mins lmfao.

How much you want to bet. If they don't fix this problem they have, I will not buy another one. It is a car, it doesn't need to be a Tesla. If they can't handle the ordering process with the demand, how will they deal with the charging network demand, how will they hand service center demand?

I know a *sugar* storm is happening for Tesla right now, that's why I haven't walked yet. But if they go through this and nothing changes....the relationship between Tesla and I will not work. I have been driving $1000 cars for the majority of my life, this car is a treat to myself for all the hard work that I have done. When it comes to electric cars, yes Tesla has an edge, but there are other cars that offer the 200+ range, I don't care about the acceleration. Tesla's value is the charging network, and I can now get that with another car.

So we can agree to disagree, I have done my research for the last 4 years, the difference is that I also know that it is just a car and other companies will catch them, from the car and range aspect. Maybe not today but in a few years. I don't need a car that has 500 miles of range, no one does. In my opinion is that Tesla is starting to focus on the wrong aspects to gain mass adoption.
There are many things we agree on. On this thread or on this forum I posted about possibly leasing a MY because of the changes we will see in the next 3-5 years. But I'm not sure if or when others will catch up. Opening up the Supercharger network is going to save every other EV builders' butt. It is not just their numerous locations, but the fact that you know who is maintaining them and that they will work when you get there. Something no one else is even close to. And falling further behind each day.

That leads to the next A+ for Tesla. Not everyone can afford or wants multiple cars for multiple functions. Thus the reason the MYLR is so popular. It is a family car/suv with everyday range and with the Supercharger network it can be used for long family trips. No other EV offers that ease and functionality today and my guess is it will be some time before anyone else does. By that time Tesla will have improved charging so much that it will take less than 10 minutes to fill up. FYI I drove a Bolt and while there was no real comparison to the Tesla it was a blast to drive. It reminded me of a Golf GTI. If the rumored $25K Tesla is truly offered in the next 12 months I fear for everyone else.

There is no denying that Tesla's customer service is sorely lacking, but when I test drove a Mach-E they didn't really know the car, they didn't know what it could do, they didn't know about charging, and they were not enthusiastic about it. I was teaching them about their own car. Hell, they didn't even know the different versions available! I did buy some Ford stock after driving the Mach-E! It's making me money. All other EV manufacturers are either so new they really can't be trusted (Lordstown) or they're so old they are being dragged kicking and screaming into the modern era. Try ordering a Mach-E today.

This thread isn't the place for this debate, but we both agree that Tesla will have to up their game as competition increases. However, I see Tesla as perhaps the only manufacturer focused enough and willing and able to do that as they don't have an ICE division to maintain.

Tom

PS. My EDD is now stuck at October.

Same here VIN 7/31, earliest delivery date 8/16 which I booked.

DC initially said that I should get link to schedule when car is wishing 7 days of arriving to them. I got the link last week, 8/3, but SA says car is in only scheduled to arrive 8/15.

Crossing fingers that it arrives in good enough shape to go through with pick up.
Thanks for the information, I'll just wait for the link!

Recap of my day:
  • EDD did not move closer
  • Did not receive VIN
  • Watched 3-4 Tesla YouTube videos
  • Shopped online for more accessories
  • Refreshed account page one zillion times
  • Checked source code one thousand times
  • Left this forum up on my laptop all day (duh)
Are you me? Or stalking me? Because thats like exactly what I did.

200.gif