Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
this shift was witnessed about 1000 pages ago on this thread in mid May when a lot of east coasters lost their EDD's or were pushed out to late Q3 dates. This is a proven pattern, not a hunch.
I doubt they literally stop shipments for EC or something like that, but it would be incredibly naive to think they aren't optimizing their production for quarterly deliveries/profit. They have ~80 different configurations for a MYLR, and they're constantly building cars. They're likely going to do what they can to match inventory with deliveries they can complete in the quarter, which is obviously going to be easier the closer to Fremont you get. It doesn't mean someone in New York won't get a car, but I would think the odds go down considerably.

recommend setting up distill monitoring on ev-tsla, tesla-info and the tesla existing inventory page (in multiple zip codes) if your dates have slipped out to oct/ nov/ dec... inventory will pop up eventually in september. Last night I missed out on a MSM/ Black MYLR5 by a few minutes.
I first read this as distillery, and was like yes! Lets get a TMC tour going to some distilleries. But then re-read it.

Meanwhile I am so happy I can drop another $175 satisfying myself with a diecast mini Tesla. I had never explored the Tesla shop before today. I had no idea I could buy so many expensive baubles.
I swear to Gawd that if I order a mini die-cast Tesla and they give me an EDD on the shipment.....i will go full fetal position and cry.

new edd again today, back from Octoberfest, (moved two days further out from last "real edd") now Aug 19 - sept 8. Did text with an SA who provided lots of CYA words about no promises, dates can move etc, said on their end looks like likely aug 27. Maybe that is just picking mid date in my current edd, who knows.

Well.... mine is heading to college in 9 days, 12 hours and 15 minutes but who's counting. Help with the changes lasts as long as it takes him to get a text from a buddy or his girlfriend.
Hahaha yes that is better to temper my expectations. I will be happy if I can equip my daughter with the skills to do it herself; whether or not she helps me each time is maybe a little too much to ask.

Reactions: MMurrayGA and TESRP
I doubt they literally stop shipments for EC or something like that, but it would be incredibly naive to think they aren't optimizing their production for quarterly deliveries/profit. They have ~80 different configurations for a MYLR, and they're constantly building cars. They're likely going to do what they can to match inventory with deliveries they can complete in the quarter, which is obviously going to be easier the closer to Fremont you get. It doesn't mean someone in New York won't get a car, but I would think the odds go down considerably.
this is what I was trying to convey... obviously they're not shutting down all of their east coast operation but when they determine logistically that some orders won't be fulfilled on time they make adjustments and pivots in their manufacturing and logistics in order to meet quarterly revenue targets. It sucks but it's nothing new. Obviously we're going to see some east coast deliveries into late august/ september but those will be tail end or inventory matches.

Reactions: PatrickTM
this is what I was trying to convey... obviously they're not shutting down all of their east coast operation but when they determine logistically that some orders won't be fulfilled on time they make adjustments and pivots in their manufacturing and logistics in order to meet quarterly revenue targets. It sucks but it's nothing new. Obviously we're going to see some east coast deliveries into late august/ september but those will be tail end or inventory matches.
Correct. Now deliver all new cars until the end of 2021 to only buyers in Illinois, please and thank you.

To be fair, the Michelin CrossClimate+ tire is the world's only all season tire with the Three-Mountain Peak Snowflake rating, so it is considered a "true" winter tire and should have great winter performance...even though it's also an all-season. Heard really great things about it! Would you buy that tire again?

Sorry, you can ignore if you're not a tire nerd like me.
Not a tire nerd at all and the CrossClimate+ are only on my rears, which disappointingly prematurely ran down. They were added to my 3 mid-winter but I didn't have to drive in the snow with them so I can't say much about performance yet. What I can say is that the "funky" tread pattern is barely noticeable, even with MXM4s on the front. But again, due to having MXM4s on all 4 for most of this past winter, that gives me a combined 11 where I never felt the need to get dedicated winters. And that's RWD to boot.
Coincidentally this will also be my 5th! Haha #2 was stolen in.....Philly!
Noooo!! My husband's #2 was also stolen in Philly. A WRX that he adored. It was straight flat-bedded off a corner and my mom noticed it was gone by 9am because she passed it on her way to work and assumed he had taken his motorcycle that day (and found it odd due to rain...)

My first car almost got stolen in West Philly. They cut the rag top but I still managed to sell it for just $300 less than I paid for it. Yaknow, from $900 purchase price to $600. hahahaha

Reactions: PatrickTM
OMG!!!! I got the blue button and VIN!!! It is a 251 series VIN and EDD changed to the temporary 6-8 weeks. OMG!!!!

Also, the site was down using Chrome so I switched to Safari and got this update. However, Distil was successful in notifying me as well.
Holy moly, congratulations!!! Love to see a Texan get the blue button!

Ordered MYLR white with white interior on 6/14, decided to update order with 20”wheels on 6/19. For the last week or so EDD has been pretty steady at or around 8/20 - 8/31 give or take a day slide here and there. Prior to that, it was all over the place from early August to October. Just checked a few minutes ago for the 3rd time today and it slipped to 8/28 - 9/17

Reactions: mikedjp and Brad497
I am not upset about delivery date yet - but I know i will be.

Currently waiting on White Model Y Long Range w/White Interior & Tow Hitch
  1. Ordered on 7/30
  2. initial delivery date was October
  3. Moved to November on August 4
  4. Updated to December delivery today

I ordered a Model 3 in 2019 and my delivery was pushed about 4 weeks from initial quoted delivery date.
Update - Today my Delivery Date was Updated November 9 -29