Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can’t wait to sit in my MY and bump TheHarmony Intelligent Surround System
That's the one thing I am not too excited about.
Even though I found out my Rav's speakers (some of them) are busted, found out during a road trip thanks to my cousins, the mean and bassy sound is so much better in my Rav.
The MY's was a little shy in that area.

But my Rav does look like a mean machine though, ngl. I will truly miss it!

• Love
Reactions: CSTARZZ
Telsa just contacted me to let me know the car is arriving at the SC earlier than expected and wanted to know if I wanted to move my delivery date from the 20th to this Friday or Saturday...um...YES!!! D-day now set for 8/14
Congrats! I am wondering if this is going to happen to me as well. I was told it was would come to me on the 24th but then my EDD updated to 18-24 so I am hoping it left Fremont early.

Hey everyone. I got the car yesterday! Nearly 3 months from ordering. I did a write up for the Utah waiting thread and included some specific requested info but figured I'd copy/paste it here in case others found the process helpful or interesting. I only drove the car for 10 minutes before dropping it off at the shop so still hardly feels like it's ours, but very exciting.

tl/dr: Pickup process was smooth. Car looks great.

Pickup went well! They do, in fact, deliver to Utah. At least white cars because that was basically all I saw. Although I have a friend who ordered a blue Y 7-seater a couple weeks after me and he got his VIN yesterday with pickup for Saturday, so hopefully good signs of more to come.

VIN and Scheduling
I first noticed the VIN when I did my morning EDD check. I had the Tesla Vision message then proceed with delivery. I also had an email from Tesla that night that I got around 3:00 AM. I believe I got a text around 8 AM that morning that gave me a link to schedule delivery. When I clicked it the page I landed on just said, "no available delivery times, please call this number." Or something like that. I called twice (needed to check something with my wife). The first lady wanted to schedule the delivery but the second lady said I should just wait until it let me do it through the online system since that would become available once the car was actually in SLC. I told her I'd like to schedule anyway. They could see that the car was set to be delivered Saturday, then it should be detailed Monday and ready for pickup Tuesday. I switched to pickup instead of delivery because I felt it would be easier to coordinate timing and payment that way. I ended up switching the timing of the pickup and added my wife to the registration prior to pickup so I didn't need to do it at the DMV.

Pickup - Inspection
We stopped at a bank and picked up a cashier's check. Casey at Tesla was great and showed us the car and told us to take our time. He unlocked it for us so we could take a look at the inside, too. Overall it looked great; we pointed out a few small things. He told us to make a service ticket and they'd fix them if they could.
  • Small alignment stuff. Pretty minor but the front passenger door and a spot on the roof weren't quite flush.
  • Rear view mirror. There was what looked like some glue residue or something on the rear view mirror that wouldn't come off. Casey wasn't surprised and said they sometimes replace the mirror because of that.
  • Smudges. Above the passenger seat on the ceiling there were some fingerprints. The detailer came out and got rid of 90% of it. The third row was a bit dirty so they came out and cleaned that, too. Seats looked great after.
After paying for the car I submitted a service ticket and scheduled Monday at 12-5pm for them to come address them.

Paying
After inspecting it we went inside to finalize payment. That went smoothly and then we were immediately able to see the car in the Tesla app. Based on what we had read on the website we thought we needed to have that specific car insured before we could drive off with it. Tesla told us that's not the case and they needed to change those instructions online. Apparently Utah doesn't require it at point-of-sale. State Farm also said we had a 10 day grace period. I then drove off and took it directly to the shop for PPF, ceramic coating, and tint. I should have it back Friday.

That was a lot of info. It was a smooth experience. Hope everyone has their car soon!

...almost forgot the pics
car1.jpg
car2.jpg