Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll bet it's as simple as there's currently far less demand for the MYP than there is the MYLR but they're still running the same ratio of builds on the production line
yeah maybe. Any logical person would tend to setup production based on existing orders. It just baffles me that a technology company like Tesla can't figure out the ordering, production and delivery any better than what we are seeing. I know Musk has made the comment that production is only as fast as the slowest part supplier. Wonder if the LR has some parts that are harder to acquire at the level needed, but the MYP parts are available. Like something in the suspension?

Reactions: PatrickTM
yeah maybe. Any logical person would tend to setup production based on existing orders. It just baffles me that a technology company like Tesla can't figure out the ordering, production and delivery any better than what we are seeing. I know Musk has made the comment that production is only as fast as the slowest part supplier. Wonder if the LR has some parts that are harder to acquire at the level needed, but the MYP parts are available. Like something in the suspension?
it could be parts since the Performance has lowered suspension (different components?), bigger brakes (definitely different components), 21-inch wheels (that's a gimme), aluminum pedals, spoiler, slightly different headlights, what else?, then again it could be just because the performance is a bit more expensive and Tesla is always looking at their bottom line.

Goes back to lean manufacturing in supply chain management....Lesser MYP to manufacture and push out the door compared to the huge demand of MYLR...have a feeling they are going by "demand of models" vs order date...just my thoughts

Absolutely amazing. Got the windows tinted. Man, it is so fun to drive.
Awesome!! So glad to hear you love it!!

Are you doing PPF? We have a local guy who has done PPF & tint on our other cars, but he’s not done too many Teslas. Trying to decide if we should just plan to stay a couple extra days in Denver to get it done at a shop that has more more experience with Teslas. That is all provided we’d even be able to get an appointment near our delivery date.

Reactions: potter287 and TESRP
While we're waiting..... Has anyone had trouble ordering from Teslarati marketplace? I ordered Maxpider 3d floormats complete set on 7/13 and I have nothing. They charged my card on 7/13. I've sent an email and tried to call them with no response from either.

I realize the item is back ordered, but the website says 2-4 weeks and I'm past the 4 week point.

Reactions: PatrickTM and TESRP
I posted the following on a referral code thread with no replies, so here we go: "I ordered my MYP on 8/5 but didn't see any option to enter a referral code while going over the process on my phone. How do we add a referral code to your order? The r/TeslaModelY prohibits people from giving referral codes away. Why is that? The ones I found are from YouTube links ... so again, how do I add a referral code to my order?"

They likely want to book more revenue by the end of the quarter, and the performance is about 15% more than the LR. If they're manufacturing constrained, it makes sense for the business to work on the vehicles that allow for an increase in revenue.

Is it fair to the consumer? Of course not. But this is how Tesla has always done business, and it's evident in the way we're treated. But are we going to do anything about it? Of course not, because the product is too damn good.

• Funny
Reactions: racerx2005
Question to you how have your MY , when you send it for PPF and tinting. how did you setup the car for the tint company? Did you just give them the tesla card or did you do some restrictions with the car like valet setup. Please let me know what you did in detail just curious. Got a appointment setup for that, don't want any Joyrides to be happening sense they will have it for 3 days

While we're waiting..... Has anyone had trouble ordering from Teslarati marketplace? I ordered Maxpider 3d floormats complete set on 7/13 and I have nothing. They charged my card on 7/13. I've sent an email and tried to call them with no response from either.

I realize the item is back ordered, but the website says 2-4 weeks and I'm past the 4 week point.
Did you check the EDD, Its Tesla Accessories so makes sense to check EDD, but it means nothing. Sorry had to do this. :p 🙃