Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone, I spend most of my time over in the refreshed MX waiting room thread. With absolutely no communication from Tesla and the likelihood of MX be delivered in 2021 looking less and less everyday I'm debating a MY.

I would prefer the LR but that now has a December EDD. Has anyone here ordered a new MYLR within the last 2 weeks, and what does it give you for an EDD? I'm debating a P but not sure it is worth it for being a short term car. (My fiancé and I have been sharing one car, since I sold mine for a great price due to the crazy car market. Its just getting too difficult now) I refuse to buy and ICE and used Tesla's are just as expensive as new ones so I am here for advice. Thanks!
Ordered in Texas on July 29. Current EDD is Nov. 5-Dec. 5. Specifics are in my signature. At one point I was kicked back to "December." Now it is this.

Took Delivery Today,

Very good condition, very few minor issues (not worth appointments for) - ran the full checklist from github.

One potential major, possible scratch on panoramic. All issues documented with photos.

Car is now with shop for PPF, Ceramic and Tint. Tesla contracts to them for paint defects etc, they are going to inspect roof and advise today or tomorrow if it should be logged (in CO sun car is too hot, they need to get it in and under lights and cooled to inspect). Even if it is a scratch I'm iffy on having the factory panoramic replaced, as unnoticeable on the inside.

Overall the car is fantastic - but will report back once it's back from the Beauty Spa and I've truly driven it. Went straight from Tesla, to home to do the full checklist, to shop.

Keep the faith all. I'll be around.
Congratulations on the delivery :) , how are you handling the car when you getting it to the PPF company, just the tesla keycard and no restrictions. writing down the mileage?

Reactions: PatrickTM
Hey everyone, I spend most of my time over in the refreshed MX waiting room thread. With absolutely no communication from Tesla and the likelihood of MX be delivered in 2021 looking less and less everyday I'm debating a MY.

I would prefer the LR but that now has a December EDD. Has anyone here ordered a new MYLR within the last 2 weeks, and what does it give you for an EDD? I'm debating a P but not sure it is worth it for being a short term car. (My fiancé and I have been sharing one car, since I sold mine for a great price due to the crazy car market. Its just getting too difficult now) I refuse to buy and ICE and used Tesla's are just as expensive as new ones so I am here for advice. Thanks!
Get the MYP ... the P's are getting delivered faster ... just my 2 cents.

Reactions: nBar5EV1 and Rovin
I posted the following on a referral code thread with no replies, so here we go: "I ordered my MYP on 8/5 but didn't see any option to enter a referral code while going over the process on my phone. How do we add a referral code to your order? The r/TeslaModelY prohibits people from giving referral codes away. Why is that? The ones I found are from YouTube links ... so again, how do I add a referral code to my order?"
You can tell your SA to add it

• Helpful
Reactions: racerx2005
Woohoo! Glad to hear from you and that you’re doing well. As we all expected, loving the car.

I do have to say though. You’ve had the car for one week. I really hope that the paint is indeed holding up well!🤣
People really had me freaking out about the paint quality, but I've had no issues. LOL

OHHHH *sugar* FOLKS YOUR BOY GOT HIS VIN. Landed in Austin for my bachelor party and refreshed the page at the urinal. 247, EDD switched to 8/11 - 8/15. Hope they don’t want me to take delivery while I’m across the country. FYI: If you get to your account page and it says “2021 Model Y”, you’re in business.

Attachments

• F5EEA030-D11C-4B3B-AB28-A5DE2EB0117D.jpeg
    F5EEA030-D11C-4B3B-AB28-A5DE2EB0117D.jpeg
    515.4 KB · Views: 77
  • 499E4400-D090-4865-ACAD-5A1C7C5B58B9.jpeg
    499E4400-D090-4865-ACAD-5A1C7C5B58B9.jpeg
    169.2 KB · Views: 55

Syracuse and the snow? With a MYP you'd need to swap out the summer only tires. Since it's hard to find all season 22" tires, the best option would be to buy a rim/tire set and either sell the 22's or swap them based on season.

Getting very frustrated. I ordered my Y on May 6th. White, black interior, long range. I still don't have a VIN, my date keeps slipping and slipping. Currently saying late October, but my estimated delivery date has kept moving the entire time, staying about 2 months away consistently.

Is anyone else experiencing something similar?
May 15 order here, no vin, current edd for August, yesterday was September, who knows what I’ll have tomorrow.

it could be parts since the Performance has lowered suspension (different components?), bigger brakes (definitely different components), 21-inch wheels (that's a gimme), aluminum pedals, spoiler, slightly different headlights, what else?, then again it could be just because the performance is a bit more expensive and Tesla is always looking at their botto

Congrats! That's one nice looking Tesla... :)
One thing I'd like more info on is the payment process. I've never used third party financing for a car, and when I signed up I put cash since I'm not sure what I'm going to do. But I'd rather not pay cash because it's stupid to take money out of the market to save 2% or whatever. So I have no clue how the financing works. But if I use something like USAA, for example, what happens? Do they transfer money to me, send me a cashier's check, send money straight to Tesla, or what? Is there a down payment with third party financing? Will Tesla take a personal check for that amount?

I literally have no clue how all the logistics for that work. I assume if I decide to use Tesla financing that's the end of it, unless they need down payment. But really I have no clue how the logistics work.

Reactions: moe0059
OHHHH *sugar* FOLKS YOUR BOY GOT HIS VIN. Landed in Austin for my bachelor party and refreshed the page at the urinal. 247, EDD switched to 8/11 - 8/15. Hope they don’t want me to take delivery while I’m across the country. FYI: If you get to your account page and it says “2021 Model Y”, you’re in business.
Congratulations — same build as my July 4 order. I won’t be back in Austin until Sep 4, so hoping delivery is after the 4th.

Highly recommend you give Dough Boys pizza a try while you‘re in Austin. If you can get a reservation Red Ash downtown is excellent … some of the best Italian we’ve had in the USA. They also make an outstanding gin & tonic.

Reactions: potter287
You can tell your SA to add it
Referral 'code' is really misleading, it's really a specific link to the order page so that if you access and order via that referral link instead of the generic Tesla order page you and the 'referrer' get the 1,000 miles. There's no place to enter a 'code' on either page; it's not a function of using a phone or the mobile site, there just isn't one. Hopefully your SA can back it in for you.

One more comment on this: If you're going to pay for paint and wheels on the MYLR, the price differential between that and the MYP is pretty small. That comment about snow tires sounded like a good point though.

Last edited:
But I'd rather not pay cash because it's stupid to take money out of the market to save 2% or whatever.

I'm not sure I'd call it "stupid" really.

If there was somewhere where you could get %5 or 10% for your money then maybe, but then again, the car loan would be equally high. TBH I think paying cash and getting a tangible asset (which appears to not decline too aggressively) is a good hedge against a possible inflationary spike. Also if you had the cash available, where would you park it wile you serviced the car loan? put it in the market and you risk losing a significant portion of it

Just my opinion of course

5/17 order date: First told June, then 1st week August, then chip shortage, now October because of Wildfires in CA. Honestly not happy. Car will be awesome, but wait and customer service is no bueno. 😡
Wildfires in California? The ones up way up north that should in no way effect delivery? haha seems like at this point they're just saying random stuff.

Reactions: Jermayan and MBx4