Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How in TF did you get 274 output in your first 30 minute ride? My gosh do I hate being a 110lb pipsqueak AND being competitive. I just can't compete on that bike with anyone bigger/heavier.

If you see someone with a Philly-esque name, it's me :)
i am excited to get home tonight for ride #2!! going for 290 output with 50% resistance.
How in TF did you get 274 output in your first 30 minute ride? My gosh do I hate being a 110lb pipsqueak AND being competitive. I just can't compete on that bike with anyone bigger/heavier.

i am excited to get home tonight for ride #2!! going for 290 output with 50% resistance. who’s with me?!?!

Attachments

• B2AF1E2E-E5D6-4AB9-B27D-E89794E94A05.gif
    B2AF1E2E-E5D6-4AB9-B27D-E89794E94A05.gif
    53.5 KB · Views: 40
I don't see a response to this specific question, so here is what I know from my experience this past weekend (keeping in mind I am taking delivery in Michigan and must pay prior to the car crossing the state line):

When I got my VIN (late on Saturday, of course) I immediately applied for the loan with USAA and was approved within seconds. USAA then provides a Dealer Funding Request form. In my case, i was doing this from the USAA app, and it offered the ability to email it directly to the dealer. I wasn't sure where to send it so waited until Monday to call the gallery and ask. Got the relevant email to send it to, sent it off, and my SA said that corporate folks had to sign it so it might take a day or two. Meanwhile, I used the links on the Tesla Account page to pay my down payment using ACH (not plaid, I don't trust giving them my log in to my bank). I heard back from Tesla today with a delivery appointment, and that all paperwork and payments are complete. Easy-peasy. Been with USAA for at least 25 years, so did get a sub-2% rate with automatic payments set up (and existing direct deposit).

USAA's paperwork says if they receive the completed form prior to 4pm CT they will transfer funds same day, so could probably be done day of delivery for those in "sales" states, but might be worth asking at your local delivery center/service center regarding timing. Seems like Tesla and USAA are used to working with each other...my DS was very familiar with the process and the forms.
That is tremendous, that's exactly what I was looking for. So basically the process is that once you're approved and the funding request form is completed USAA just pays Tesla directly for you, other than the down payment amount. No need for cashiers checks or anything like that. So here are a couple of follow-on questions:

Did you need the VIN to complete the loan application with USAA? I assume yes but just wondering.

I'm still a little bit fuzzy on the whole down payment part. How did you find out an amount required, and why do you pay it to Tesla versus USAA (not that who it goes to really matters)? I don't see any links for making any sort of payment like that; under payment methods all I see is my credit card. When I applied I said I'd be paying cash since I figured to Tesla a third party loan is cash. Do those down payment links appear later in the process or do I have to contact an SA to change my payment method? I assume when you said you called the 'gallery' you mean your SC and/or SA?

I've been with USAA almost 40 years but I don't know anything about a 'lower' rate; I haven't applied yet so all I see are the rates in the loan estimator tool. Did you finance for a shorter time period, 60 months or something like that?

Thanks for that response, I had literally no idea how the process works; it seems pretty simple as long as I can actually find a way to talk to an SA!

Reactions: PatrickTM and TESRP
#DadBodShawn - and yes - I don't do that cheating stuff. I have a friend who has like 3000 rides, but that's because he does 4 or 5 separate rides to equal 30 or 45 of actual work. Rarely I'll do a two-fer if I am recovering and want a break in between 20 or so minutes.

I actually have many more rides than are listed after my 1st Gen Peloton bike started having a problem where I'd complete a ride and then the system would hang. Reboot and ride was not in history. Peloton said my tablet was too old and couldn't handle the new software. A new one was $700. I argued that I was an early adopter who took a chance with Peloton when nobody knew who they were and they're telling me to pay another $700 because of that? So they offered new tablet for $500. I still balked, on principle. Rode the bike, completed my ride, wrote down my stats and let it crash. Did this for quite awhile. Every now and then a ride would save to my profile, but usually not. Always seemed the longer rides never saved. Anyway, eventually got them to $400 so I upgraded. Still bothers me that my ride history is not "complete".

</peloton sidebar>

Well my dates slipped out by a day on both ends (going the wrong way). But figured better get on getting an electrician out to install a 14-50 outlet. First electrician I contacted asked me how far from the box to where I wanted I told him, and he never contacted me back, so I'm not following up. Next electrician is up and looking to come out next week to give a quote.

Reactions: Imeddy8

I added you as well! Now you have 2! haha
following back!
What time are you riding? I can ride after 8:30 pm CST when the kids are down!
tonights ride is going to be at 530est because i have some friends from college in town. my thought is i will do a 6am ride and a 9pm ride M-F and a 2pm ride on Sat and Sun.

Oh dear lord... My husband has been talking to me about replacing his old bike trainer and bike for a peloton or nordictrack since last night or another one he just showed me. HELP ME!!!! lmao 🤣
I actually went with the Peloton because of the community and the tablet connected with Bluetooth headphones and at the time - the NT didn't have bluetooth. #FirstWorld

What time are you riding? I can ride after 8:30 pm CST when the kids are down!
CST? You guys are killing me. EST here.

Btw, ever see those riders at the top of the leaderboard who are far and above anyone else? Apparently recalibrating the bike is a thing... where people do it so their output is up to 10x what it should be.

I would disagree with this theoretically. Just because you are not generating alpha does not mean it is "non-investing." I think that is a discouraging way to describe it to others.
You're right, it is investing, as you say it's just investing in a way that doesn't attempt generate alpha. I didn't really mean that literally, that's why I put the accent marks around it. What I really mean is it's a way of investing that you don't have to work at or manage. It's always so personalized--MY investing goal is simply to beat the S&P; not 'make money' or generate a balance of X at a certain age or create an organic income stream. So for me anything invested in the SPY (I keep about 35% there as an anchor to the portfolio) doesn't help me achieve my personal investment goal--but of course, money in the SPY or C fund IS investing. It's just investing in an asset with a beta of 1.

That was definitely misleading, not only is it investing, it's a way of investing that I think a LOT of people ought to consider before they try to get cute.

Last edited:
Another day, and another day .... EDD is now at 8/27-9/8

I did finally get some additional info that may help some folks. From what I was told they are trying to get all Q2 orders fulfilled in Q3, so I was told worst case scenario for me would be late September but they think it will be earlier. The Raleigh center still has a large backlog of Q2 orders to fulfill. Also it seems like the the Black/Black config should not be slowing things down. It did sound like a Black Exterior/White Interior config seems like more of an issue.

I actually went with the Peloton because of the community and the tablet connected with Bluetooth headphones and at the time - the NT didn't have bluetooth. #FirstWorld
The one he showed me has a tablet holder so he can use apple fitness with it instead of paying the memberships. We're tech nerds but frugal where we can be without sacrificing quality. My grandfather always told me you get what you pay for so go for quality and then take care of it. That principle is why our hybrid got such a good price because it had a complete and perfect service history because we opted to have $1200 added to the loan to not have to worry about the first 60k of maintenance. Doing that dropped my cost of ownership - insurance and gas to ~$87 / month. ~$112 with gas / month. Kept it washed and waxed so tack on another ~$30 if you want to get into the nitty gritty but still for 52K miles... but our family still thinks were wasting money not buying used junk cars, and I try to explain its cheaper and less worry this way but they balk at it. so 🤷‍♂️. The pelotons seem really nice so if it will work for a long time and not be crap then its probably worth it. lol I will have to do more research now that he's interested.

got sick of updating my signature every day with these stupid one day changes. Giving up hope. 8/24-9/6... 13 day window from 14 yesterday.

With WFH extended until January or further it doesn't make sense to have a second car any time soon. I told my wife to wait until the 13th week then I'll cancel and be done with these shenanigans. Before that I was thinking about putting an order in for a MYP but I refuse to pay for Tesla's terrible delivery management and planning.

You folks need to figure out a way to hook your bike up to your Tesla and generate some electricity!
In college all of the Elliptical and bikes at the fitness center were hooked up to the grid. They kept track of how many Megawatt hours were generated each quarter/semester. Liked to put posters up that said you could be powering your friends light bulb and stuff like that. lol