Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am not sure where you are located but if you call them I bet you find out some good info on when yours is arriving. That is the only way I found anything out after getting my VIN (still haven't heard from them).

try to call this # 888-518-3752 and give them your VIN they should be able to tell you exactly where you’re MY is 😊

No change in EDD. Still 10/20-11/9.

In other news, a Ford dealer called me with a Mach E offer which he was originally selling for MSRP + 2 k. They've now dropped the price to MSRP. It's a sign that demand is moderating. I still turned it down because I have decided to wait for my model Y. For a long time I was equally drawn to both cars. But now I have been turned around by thinking long and hard about the supercharging network and the advantages it offers versus the $7500 tax credit.

Having said that, having test driven both cars extensively, I do think the Mach E is the first credible competitor to the Tesla. It's a great car.

No change in EDD. Still 10/20-11/9.

In other news, a Ford dealer called me with a Mach E offer which he was originally selling for MSRP + 2 k. They've now dropped the price to MSRP. It's a sign that demand is moderating. I still turned it down because I have decided to wait for my model Y. For a long time I was equally drawn to both cars. But now I have been turned around by thinking long and hard about the supercharging network and the advantages it offers versus the $7500 tax credit.

Having said that, having test driven both cars extensively, I do think the Mach E is the first credible competitor to the Tesla. It's a great car.
these other dealers are just *sugar* .. they are just using chip shortage ball to play their prices..

Just curious if you’d share why you have yours on hold?
Oh yeah, definitely willing to share! People on this thread come and go, and I've shared my story before, don't mind sharing again.

We are a small Air Force family, just my wife and I. When we moved from Georgia to LA back in 2016, we downsized to one car (2015 Prius) to make the drive across the country easier. Turns out with a Vespa (impulse buy in LA) and living in West LA/Beach Cities one car and one scooter was more than enough transportation for our needs. It helps that we worked in close proximity to one another, and year round perpetual 75 degree sunny weather is 👌 Vespa weather. We moved to Boston in 2020 mid pandemic, and now both working from home ~90% means the one car life continues!

That being said, wife is planning a career change, and will attend vocational school early 2022. So she'll need to drive. I expect I'll gradually increase my in-office presence at some point in 2022, at least to set a good example for the rest of my team...but who the hell knows right now...I'm healthy/young, don't have kids or elderly in my household, wife and I are vaccinated, but I don't want my team to rush back or get sick. Soooo long story, we've decided to release hold mid November, take delivery in 2022Q1. The last five years of one car has been a massive savings booster, which is why we're barely comfortable with buying a $50k+ car, and I don't mind waiting a few more months to continue boosting savings, since I don't foresee a real need for a second car until New Year at a minimum. A lot of folks here on here are very comfortable dropping money on BMWs and other nice cars, but I grew up in a 6 car household (BMW, Mercedes, 2 Explorers, Olds, & Nissan) and then my parents went bankrupt in 2008 because we had a home construction business. That bankruptcy and lifestyle change was quite scarring as teenager and now I'm financially stable, and fortunate + privileged to have my family, health, career, support network, etc...but still trying to overcome some my cheap tendencies, so still having mixed emotions about the Model Y. People talk about cheap grandparents that lived through The Great Depression and whatnot, never comfortable with anything deemed luxurious, well I secretly sympathize with them haha.

Well look at me, using you guys as free therapy again...

Great story Patrick! We are the sum of our experiences. Loved reading it. We can all learn from others' life experiences. Does not have to be the school of hard knocks. I can say I definitely feel embarrassed when folks around us raise eyebrows about dropping so much money on a car. When you say Tesla, I think people only think about model S pricing. In addition to M3 and MY being decidedly less expensive, I think what they don't realize is the back end savings from less maintenance and fuel. People seem to only look at up front costs. I have run the numbers and it makes sense for me.

Not for nothing, but I've been a part of too many message boards to count and THIS group is by far filled with the most people that I often think "it would be fun to hang out with them". Well, except one (you know who you are).

We should all have a meetup sometime.

Oh, and there is no "you know who you are" person here. Figured a post needs drama every now and then.

In college all of the Elliptical and bikes at the fitness center were hooked up to the grid. They kept track of how many Megawatt hours were generated each quarter/semester. Liked to put posters up that said you could be powering your friends light bulb and stuff like that. lol
I always thought there could be a full gym powered by the treadmills and bikes of the participants. Maybe too much to fully power the gym, but every bit helps! Nice to see it was put into action somewhere!

Not for nothing, but I've been a part of too many message boards to count and THIS group is by far filled with the most people that I often think "it would be fun to hang out with them". Well, except one (you know who you are).

We should all have a meetup sometime.

Oh, and there is no "you know who you are" person here. Figured a post needs drama every now and then.

I’m in between Westerly, Rhode Island and Arlington, VA flip flopping where I’m at (work stuff). I could easily come say hi! Would be fun for a “we survived the Tesla purgatory wait times” meet up! 😂