Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
at 5:08pm EST the stars aligned and the grey button magically transformed into a blue button. Clicking the button on this quest resulted in a VIN!!! 249xxx

I will keep you all posted about delivery which changed to 8/26-9/1 go #teamblack
Congrats!! Charlotte pickup? Glad to finally see someone in NC get a VIN! Been a while it seems...and another April order fulfilled which is really good to see. Hopefully they haven't forgotten about us early May orders :)

Exactly, and look at Tesla they can't even sell directly to me in Michigan.
I forget what year it was... 2016 maybe? that I drove my S though Michigan (Philly to Pittsburgh for a night, then Chicago for 2, then a night in Detroit, then 2 nights in Toronto, then home) and I remember feeling legit angry knowing my car couldn't be sold there.

I didn't know that. Is this why Tesla passes them through the delivery centers?
No. Here in Texas, I have to do all of the paperwork before the car enters the state and I cannot do any paperwork on Tesla's property. From what I understand, it's like I'm buying it from a person in NV.

Here's the article about the crazy Texas legislature that didn't discuss changing the laws so I won't be able to go to the Factory to pick up my ride for a few years.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Update re: windows not going down!

After leaving the MY powered down for over an hour, I woke the car up via the app (was checking on the interior temps) and went to go take a look to see if the windows fixed themselves magically...

Well, they did! Now they go up and down and the door opens no problem!

Still gonna have the service team come take a look as I don't want that to happen again

(side note, I had left it powered off for around 5 mins before trying the windows earlier and that didn't work, so maybe it just needed more time?)
Nice, really glad the windows returned to normal function. Any noticeable damage to glass or trim from this incident?

Also, I really hope the service team tries to find out what happened, and not just say "unable to replicate problem" and close the ticket.

Reactions: MBx4
In my honest frank opinion, it is ridiculous whoever has ordered a MYLR and is now also ordering a MYP ontop of having the MYLR order. You are pushing our MYLR orders even further back because they prioritize MYP first before MYLR. Have some respect for the majority of us and not be selfish and just to think about yourselves, we all have been waiting for months for our cars. Being selfish isn't a good thing always believe in karma and faith.. Now our dates are being pushed because they're prioritizing THE MYP orders as those are the more money source for them..
Every customer wants their car as soon as possible. Don't blame Tesla's shite prioritization, poor planning, or global supply chain fiasco on other customers. If someone wants to pay more for a faster car that allows them to take delivery sooner, more power to them.

I am not willing to pay more for a car with thinner (summer) tires and stiffer suspension, because I know I'll have to spend even more money for new wheels/tires. However, I don't think Model Y Performance buyers who want their cars sooner are any more or less selfish than myself.

Vegas time, (or Mohegan Sun / Foxwoods for us southern New England ladies and gents).

Over / under on getting VINs this week for delivery to Warwick, Rhode Island. CSTARZZ stated he thought the 16th for the wifes. Is he correct!?! Is he wrong!?! Will Elon release this family from his grips?!?!?!

Stay tuned for the next episode of "As My Stomach Turns"...

Wifes: 5/25 Order MYLR Blue/Black/20 EDD: 8/29 - 9/12
My: 08/08 Order MYP MSM/White/21 RN11545 EDD: 8/29 - 9/17
Frankly, my money is on P...
But I would love for the LR to come in first so that you get to suffer in jealousy 🤣 😂

I forget what year it was... 2016 maybe? that I drove my S though Michigan (Philly to Pittsburgh for a night, then Chicago for 2, then a night in Detroit, then 2 nights in Toronto, then home) and I remember feeling legit angry knowing my car couldn't be sold there.
It's different now though, used to be we would have had to go to Cleveland, but now as long as we pay before it crosses the state line it can be delivered here now. I'm picking mine up in Clarkston, but I also can't use Tesla financing and have to use a third party CU we went with Tesla's recommendation of Alliant.

Last edited:
Reactions: PatrickTM
No. Here in Texas, I have to do all of the paperwork before the car enters the state and I cannot do any paperwork on Tesla's property. From what I understand, it's like I'm buying it from a person in NV.

Here's the article about the crazy Texas legislature that didn't discuss changing the laws so I won't be able to go to the Factory to pick up my ride for a few years.

@eleven24 If I recall correctly, a customer is legally allowed to test drive a Tesla at a Tesla Gallery, purely for demo purposes. But the moment you try to talk about price with an employee, it becomes illegal because then it crosses the line into "sales". The employee will tell you to visit the website or call the 1-800 number that directs you to an out-of-state call center if you have any price/ordering questions.

The law really is that dumb.

I wonder if those that live in Texas will get initial production of Giga Texas MY given they have to ship the car across state lines and then ship it back. I wonder if it’s more economical to send the Fremont ones to Texas customers or if they will drive across LA, NM, OK, or AR to then turn right around and head back to a Texas SC.

I'm curious if many of the state representatives running out of the state to Washington DC to avoid discussion and voting on some bills contributed to the legislature not bringing this item to the House floor.