Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll take that with a grain of salt, i.e. dealerships will "hide" the cars with the intention of price gouging.
True. Once the car is at the dealer there’s nothing saying they have to charge msrp. My buddy has been seeing this at BMW dealers. He wants to lease and they are like. Sure. But we are gonna charge twice the normal payment because cars are in high demand. He was being told like $800 for a low 3 series lol.

Those were the parts I mentioned. My point is why buy a car from a company that is pissing you off? Who cares what the reason is.

some people are pissed off with the strategy or the way MYP is getting delivered within days whereas LR orders for some are taking longer than 100 days. people who are waiting have right to be pissed off for that. even with that people are waiting because they like the car.

are you going to ask people to sell their car just because when they took for service didn't get a loaner or they didn't get appointment fast?

So I will say that this was similar to my experience as well. However, the part that was confusing was not getting a loan estimate etc before MVPA, which I understand. It was also a weird process getting MVPA from Tesla, I was talking with the rate match team, and they added my SA who was supposed to generate the MVPA for me, however he didn't. I called the 1800 number, and the person on there was super helpful, switch loan to DCU, generated an MVPA and also switched it back to Tesla financing after so that I could still get rate matched. I uploaded the MVPA to DCU's portal, and called them, and they immediately got me the DocuSign, which I showed to Tesla, and just got confirmation that they are rate matching me for 1.24 at 72%. I'd have preferred to go with DCU, but I am not too keen on changing my direct deposit.
So, you got an approval from DCU, then had the Tesla Rate Match team match your 1.24% at 72 months from DCU and just used Tesla's financing? That seems easy enough!

They are going the extra mile, see you in the store, because of the long wait, they don’t want to have more scenes from customers. 😂😂
I hear ya, and all the april/may orders. I really hope you get your cars soon. My OD is 6/8 and the SC rep told me I'm lucky that my delivery estimate shows early September (I don't have a VIN yet) and that other June orders are further out. I don't know if its real or was just a go pound sand answer. It would be sweet if they give my 4yo a mini tesla toy when we pick up ours.

• Love
Reactions: CSTARZZ
This is just ridiculous already though. I wonder if it all a test to see how far they can push ppl. I friend of my said yesterday that it’s enough to drive the wrong person crazy enough to do something criminal at a dealership. He used other words “_____ up the place.” My eyes get big when he said that, and I got scared a bit inside.

My friend went into the dealer and yelled at every person there, told them how incompetent they were, and to get his car there immediately. Well I tell you the scene was big, I mean it was bad. I thought they were going to call the police. His SA was crying from everything he said…..but they got it M3 there about a week later.

I don’t wanna see something like that happen but it could, people are getting fed up with the wait.
This is messed up on many levels. It's not the SAs or literally anyone in the center keeping our cars from us. Just because we don't understand the process doesn't mean we somehow develop a "right" to be impatient and rude, and definitely not to make someone cry or feel so threatened as to consider calling the police. Patience is a practice (this is coming from an impatient person), and maybe it is good for all of us to try to have a little more. It sounds like you were there for this, and it might be helpful in the future for you to try and step in and defuse your friend.

Hey 👋🏼 They delivered yesterday! Originally scheduled for Monday at 9am but they had to push it back a day due to some issue with the dmv. They drove her over around noon and she was flawless! The entire delivery process was efficient and seamless, took about 15 mins to complete paperwork & checklist. I love her so much!!

are you still on for delivery today?

quick edit for those who are waiting: I ordered 5/25. Taking delivery yesterday put me at 84 days. Leading up to VIN, my EDD pushed out one day at a time (always two weeks away). Then boom, I got the VIN and same day they tell me the car is in transport and will arrive the next day! So in the span of a week I got my vin, scheduled delivery and then delivery of my Y! My EDD was 100% inaccurate the entire time. But this is just my experience!
Wooohooo!
Yea! I am still on for delivery on Monday 23rd, I have received the button to make payments, so gonna do that soon. I had to call them, never got a call from them lol, but they confirmed that they are gonna deliver it to my home!

Just ordered some Model Y Tuxmat Floor liners. Ive always had Maxpiders but I wanted something a little different this time around. They have amazing reviews, so FTW. I went for it.

I got a $10 off coupon code if one wants it, and will really use it. Send me a message.
Can you let me know how the fit and finish is? I was actually looking into this and wondering if it’s slippery since it looks glossy from the pictures I saw.

This is messed up on many levels. It's not the SAs or literally anyone in the center keeping our cars from us. Just because we don't understand the process doesn't mean we somehow develop a "right" to be impatient and rude, and definitely not to make someone cry or feel so threatened as to consider calling the police. Patience is a practice (this is coming from an impatient person), and maybe it is good for all of us to try to have a little more. It sounds like you were there for this, and it might be helpful in the future for you to try and step in and defuse your friend.
Once he gets going there is no stopping him till he is done. He has anger issues, and thinks he is better than money. So I walked out, but saw everything.

Reactions: PatrickTM and TESRP
So, you got an approval from DCU, then had the Tesla Rate Match team match your 1.24% at 72 months from DCU and just used Tesla's financing? That seems easy enough!
Yea, Basically you have to go through the full process with DCU, except for signing the docusign they send. (Includes setting up membership, checking account etc, and then starting the loan process, uploading the MVPA once you get the vin. Highly recommend doing this after you get a vin, since the approval is valid for 45days only).
Once they send the docusign, download the pdf send that to Tesla, and request for 72 months (they match the 65month DCU approval with 60/72 months, and I specifically asked for 72 to Tesla).

Reactions: GoGators!