Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still dont know how I dont have a VIN; Ordered 5/17
I know. Same build, my order is 5/31. It chaps my ass to see people with June and July orders have their cars already. A little communication and honesty could make this whole process so joyous instead of feeling used and abused. Probably the only thing keeping me close is that I installed the tesla wall charger immediately after ordering because my original EDD was two weeks.

My EDD is at 9/4 - 9/19. Has sat there for a few days on a 6/21 order. SA told me in early August I was looking at a mid to late September delivery. I'm still planning on that, which would put me at the end of my current EDD range. If correct, I'm expecting a VIN sometime next week
You and me are relatively close to each other and so were our orders. Just a couple MY variations to the order. Hope we get ours on the same trailer!

One thing I'll say is that Tesla forums seem far friendlier than other car forums and reddit. People here are remarkably chill and reading/posting has quickly become one of the better parts of my day.
This forum has definitely helped me, I look forward to seeing people get their vins, the pictures. Hearing people’s stories. Definitely always up on a side screen while I work

Hi guys:
Simple question. My financing is about to expire ( I guess it only last 2 month right?) so my question is
Does this affect anyhow my delivery time or it's just a matter of ask for new financing and run my credit again.?

Unrelated to chatter and delivery (sorry, guy...), but... I told a co-worker today I was getting a Tesla MY, he's had a Nissan Leaf for several years. He asked if I would race him - I looked up stats on the Leaf and found this and LOL'ed:

1629856134306.png

I'm still not sure if he was joking or not...

Last edited:
Hi guys:
Simple question. My financing is about to expire ( I guess it only last 2 month right?) so my question is
Does this affect anyhow my delivery time or it's just a matter of ask for new financing and run my credit again.?
Same here. It’s my understanding that Tesla will just update the financing on their end. Unfortunately, I don’t think it prioritizes delivery at all

Reactions: PatrickTM
I know. Same build, my order is 5/31. It chaps my ass to see people with June and July orders have their cars already. A little communication and honesty could make this whole process so joyous instead of feeling used and abused. Probably the only thing keeping me close is that I installed the tesla wall charger immediately after ordering because my original EDD was two weeks.
This is why I opted for a JuiceBox charger instead of something Tesla specific.

Reactions: TESRP
Wanted to stop back to share the news cause I missed y'all and couldn't not share. Got a call at 6:23 along with a VIN 254. The long wait is almost over. #TeamBlue <3
First, congrats on the VIN! Good to see a Michigan order get matched! Do you know what your EDD was prior to getting a VIN? Mine is currently Oct14-Nov3, which is what yours was last time you reported it. Trying to give myself reasons to be excited haha

Unrelated to chatter and delivery (sorry, guy...), but... I told a co-worker today I was getting a Tesla MY, he's had a Nissan Leaf for several years. He asked if I would race him - I looked up stats on the Leaf and found this and LOL'ed:

View attachment 701024

I'm still not sure if he was joking or not...

He might be able to beat you. He just needs a hill with a 90 degree angle to improve his drag.

First, congrats on the VIN! Good to see a Michigan order get matched! Do you know what your EDD was prior to getting a VIN? Mine is currently Oct14-Nov3, which is what yours was last time you reported it. Trying to give myself reasons to be excited haha
Thank You. My EDD didn't change that entire time. It was Oct 14 - Nov 3rd up until 5 when I last checked. Then fired up a video game and then my phone started ringing from Clarkston. I may have resembled a cold chihuahua in excitement. I know that each day that I got super depressed I just started buying a new accessory lmao. I have the new Jeda charging insert coming now and mats have come, and a dog hammock, and a new Samsung T7 drive, and new cleaning chemicals lmao. I hope yours comes soon I highly doubt that Oct date is right though. I have a feeling you have one built and they're still trying to get it to Cleveland cause I didn't know mine was built until they told me it just got to Cleveland and I needed to pay before it could go to Michigan.

Forgot to mention about the "Pre-Delivery Vehicle Orientation" Microsoft Teams presentation I had yesterday.

It was a 45 minutes call with 25 other Tesla soon-to-be-owners. The presenter went over 34 slides with basic info about Tesla in general, Solar products, delivery process, services, etc. etc. and then Q&A. Most questions I knew the answer already. I asked the following:

Question:
I'm taking a cashiers check as a final payment to my delivery on 8/26. The "Review" button for review agreements is not available yet, probably on 8/25. What happens if I accept them and later reject the car during delivery? will I still be able to reject it, even though I accepted the agreements' without seeing the car?

Answer from Tesla guy:
Great question - You do not need to "accept" any of your lease/loan agreements until you are on-site for delivery. If you would like to do it prior, it will certainly speed up your process. If for whatever reason you "reject" your vehicle, everything will be reversed in the system and we will wait for a new VIN to arrive.

In a nutshell, you don't need to accept the final step of reviewing the agreements', which makes no sense to me accepting a car I haven't seen it or inspected it. I will accept it on-site after, ya know, inspecting the car!

By the way, he also mentioned the car will NOT come fully charged, "you should expected the car to be at around 70% level of available range". Good to know!!

Hope this helps.
When I picked up my M3 last year, I asked about state of charge at delivery and told them how long my commute was and they charged it up to 90% for me. It ended up being way more than I needed, but it was my first time driving a Tesla and I had a smidge of range anxiety 😁 Point is they will probably charge it a bit more if you need it or want it if you are far from the DC.

Reactions: TESRP and PatrickTM
I’m so fed up with FedEx and Tesla. Never in my life have I had issues with FedEx saying something was delivered and it not actually being delivered. Until I started buying Tesla accessories.

two nema adapters were marked as delivered. They investigated and said they were delivered. Nope. They weren’t. I wfh. FedEx never even drove by. Tesla had to send a second adapter out each time.

And now my trade in documentation I need to sign. Says delivered. Nope. Nothing here. I was in my living room. FedEx truck didn’t even drive by. What is going on. It’s only with Tesla. My buddy in CA had this happen to with his adapter.
Probably your fedex employee also ordered Model Y and fed up with Tesla keep on pushing dates hahahah 😂 😂

Jokes apart, My Nema adapter from Tesla just said Fedex shipment info received for almost 2 weeks. In the meantime i had to send emails and finally the item moved in tracking. I am thinking in my case it's to do with Tesla too as they did not handover the item to Fedex.

• Funny
Reactions: TESRP
Thank You. My EDD didn't change that entire time. It was Oct 14 - Nov 3rd up until 5 when I last checked. Then fired up a video game and then my phone started ringing from Clarkston. I may have resembled a cold chihuahua in excitement. I know that each day that I got super depressed I just started buying a new accessory lmao. I have the new Jeda charging insert coming now and mats have come, and a dog hammock, and a new Samsung T7 drive, and new cleaning chemicals lmao. I hope yours comes soon I highly doubt that Oct date is right though. I have a feeling you have one built and they're still trying to get it to Cleveland cause I didn't know mine was built until they told me it just got to Cleveland and I needed to pay before it could go to Michigan.
Haha I haven't gone too far down the accessory rabbit-hole yet, been trying to hold off as best I can. I only have the screen protector and floor mats ordered for now. Will probably order a bunch more once I get the VIN. I have a sales rep (not my SA) who has been working with me over the last week, and interestingly, she sees a soft-match delivery date for me for 9/7 in her system with a build date of this week, despite me having the same late October EDD you had. That information coupled with your VIN assignment is getting me excited. My order page refresh frequency has probably quadrupled in the last week haha

The flood of MS Plaids is insane - 40-50 released into inventory? Where are they coming from? Tesla trying to make extra profits decided to crank them out instead of our MYs? Trolls ordering Plaids then cancelling their orders? Somebody's idea of a joke? I'm not really looking for answers, but I know the good people of this thread have got to have some theories. Let's hear 'em.

And just so this isn't off topic - how much are these Plaids affecting EDDs? ;)
Who knows really, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if there were a bunch of YouTubers, influencers, etc that paid the $100, got the screenshot, posted to show off to their followers, then cancelled because of "delays". Saw this example a little while ago on Twitter. Maybe the are a bunch more like this? Who knows 🤷‍♂️

Screenshot_20210824-223239_Twitter.jpg