Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Something is happening with EDDs lately. Some people get updates, most don't. It's very strange. My dates held at aug 31 - sep 17 for about a week and now I've been at sep 04 - sep 18 for about 3 days now. I wonder if the dates firming up for some of us means we can trust them for once? Maybe EOQ rush is forcing them to prioritize those of us that have been waiting since Q2? Let's see. I'm not counting on anything.
I certainly hope that is true 🤞 🤞

Well, the day has come that I start looking at other vehicles. This is just unacceptable by Tesla. As you can see by my signature I have a right to be upset at this point. Sold second car beginning of July so down to one vehicle.
Tesla told me they can not match a cancelled order to my vehicle or I will have to pay the new price of 539xx instead of my 50,9xx. Unacceptable. I have read in this thread of their service advisor being able to do it for them. Seeing people with much later order dates and profile completion dates get their vehicles from the same service center is upsetting.
Back in June I scheduled a vacation around the model Y in October. was assured I would have my vehicle by then. Now they dont know and my EDD is LATE October.
I hate karens but at this point I may have to ask for the manager to get a real answer.
Any advice?
looking at a suv hybrid or something along those lines. Or how would you handle this situation?

Reactions: Wigan and PatrickTM
Well, the day has come that I start looking at other vehicles. This is just unacceptable by Tesla. As you can see by my signature I have a right to be upset at this point. Sold second car beginning of July so down to one vehicle.
Tesla told me they can not match a cancelled order to my vehicle or I will have to pay the new price of 539xx instead of my 50,9xx. Unacceptable. I have read in this thread of their service advisor being able to do it for them. Seeing people with much later order dates and profile completion dates get their vehicles from the same service center is upsetting.
Back in June I scheduled a vacation around the model Y in October. was assured I would have my vehicle by then. Now they dont know and my EDD is LATE October.
I hate karens but at this point I may have to ask for the manager to get a real answer.
Any advice?
looking at a suv hybrid or something along those lines. Or how would you handle this situation?
I’m so sorry to hear that. You have every right to be upset and that is all on Tesla. I’ll be in the same boat as you in a few weeks as we just can’t live off one vehicle any longer as well. My back up is the Volvo XC60 hybrid. The fact that Tesla won’t price match a new inventory or at least get you your original order is brutal. Makes me wish they didn’t make such cool vehicles.

Reactions: BitJam and AK_MYP
Got excited and then told myself don’t believe the EDD’s. It moved up from 12/1-12/22 to 10/15-11/4. Trying to tell
myself just plan for January my original EDD. Ugh.
I'm going to boost your hope with wild speculation that you may be part of a 7 seater batch consisting of people with orders back to May. Congrats! 😁

Any advice?
Yeah that's some BS all around. The Lexus NX is getting a redesign for 22 and it's looking quite good.

Reactions: josh62294
Black/black/inductions LR in IL
Red/black P in NY

Any advice?
Wow! That royally sucks! I ordered in Feb., finalized June 26, and have an EDD of 9/9-29 and holding steady. My order is the same except no tow. I actually thought they might pull that crap with me because of my original order date/price, but so far they haven’t. Don’t cancel. Pull a Karen, find yourself a hybrid, and then cancel if you don’t get satisfaction from Tesla.

Tom

I’m so sorry to hear that. You have every right to be upset and that is all on Tesla. I’ll be in the same boat as you in a few weeks as we just can’t live off one vehicle any longer as well. My back up is the Volvo XC60 hybrid. The fact that Tesla won’t price match a new inventory or at least get you your original order is brutal. Makes me wish they didn’t make such cool vehicles.
Exactly that's my issue. There was a vehicle same build as mine minus tow hitch. They told me I would have to pay the new price. Just really frustrating. I thought they installed the tow hitch at the service center any way?!?!?!?!?

Reactions: PatrickTM
It definitely seems as if they are preparing for the EoQ delivery rush. Many people in here have dates which have been sitting at 9/15-16-17 to 9/30 (including myself) and it seems like they are starting to weed through those and west coast deliveries are staying in that range, while east coasters are being bumped to early next quarter.
Not sure about that. I'm east coast. My EDD changed today from Sept 9-29 to Sept 8-20. Hope it doesn't go to next quarter 🤔🤞

Reactions: Vauldur and TESRP
Poor battery. That's a lot of DC getting rammed into that thing.

But seriously though, that is truly impressive, and I love to see people stress testing their cars and sharing stories! Gotta love it. Is it S or 3?
Most of it was his 2013 Model S P85. The most recent 1/4 (100k+ miles vs. 300k on his S) has been in a 2018 Model 3 Performance. His S did get a battery replacement a few years back but the first batteries were nowhere near as good as the current ones so the "stress test" results with regard to battery are already much improved.

Any advice?
Damn dude, I hate to see your situation get to this point. You definitely deserve a VIN by now. Tesla should be embarrassed for treating their customers this way. They should know that in the age of the internet people share their experiences and it's not hard to figure out that your getting the shaft.

The only thing I could think that is slowing down your order is that you have a 3rd row (negative according to your sig) or tow (affirmative according to sig).

My SA had mentioned a couple weeks back that Tesla definitely produces MY's in less quantities that have one or both of those options which is likely contributing to your extended wait.

As far as finding another SUV, the options are kind of limited due to scarcity at the dealerships and the models they have on the lot are often priced above MSRP. It seems like Hyundai is bringing in a fair amount of inventory, you could check out their hybrid/ EV options and the VW id4 should be arriving soon this fall but the AWD version will likely arrive later. There's also the chance you could find a Mach-E

Any advice?
The only reason I started getting any updates is because I was able to ditch my useless original SA and talked to a Delivery Advisor where we're picking up and he's been fantastic. Doesn't help the feeling of being left behind but they might be able to do something even if it is to do a deep dive on your account to make sure everything is ready. Sorry you're going through this, and you're right you do have reason to be upset. We were starting to look because we have no car, but AI day happened and my husband then became adamant we get the Tesla because he wants FSD eventually. Also we've ordered so many accessories that it would be just a big pain in the ass to return or sell them all. So we stuck it out.

Wow! That royally sucks! I ordered in Feb., finalized June 26, and have an EDD of 9/9-29 and holding steady. My order is the same except no tow. I actually thought they might pull that crap with me because of my original order date/price, but so far they haven’t. Don’t cancel. Pull a Karen, find yourself a hybrid, and then cancel if you don’t get satisfaction from Tesla.

Tom
Yeah its pretty frustrating he(SA) just tried to tell me everyones order is pushed back about two months. I said dude, people who ordered after me and have a profile completion after me have a much closer EDD. He said well you canceled your trade July 20th. I said yeah and? you guys offered 15k meanwhile the local honda dealer offered 17.8.

Regarding inventory cars, is there a way to tell if they've been rejected previously vs one where maybe someone cancelled their order?
The real question is "why is that car not just assigned to the next person with that configuration?" With all of the orders and the minimal options/variations of cars, I can't imagine there is not someone fairly close with that exact order.

The only reason I started getting any updates is because I was able to ditch my useless original SA and talked to a Delivery Advisor where we're picking up and he's been fantastic. Doesn't help the feeling of being left behind but they might be able to do something even if it is to do a deep dive on your account to make sure everything is ready. Sorry you're going through this, and you're right you do have reason to be upset. We were starting to look because we have no car, but AI day happened and my husband then became adamant we get the Tesla because he wants FSD eventually. Also we've ordered so many accessories that it would be just a big pain in the ass to return or sell them all. So we stuck it out.
I even told them I would pay the difference in paint color and even 7 row option. However I want the 19; wheels and for the 50,900 to be honored.