Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick update for anyone waiting on a 7 seat MYLR, in the Phoenix AZ area, I received a vin xx258xxx.

Order date: 5/26
EDD today moved and now shows Aug 31st - Sept 10th.
- For a while, my EDD was Aug 27th - Sept 08th.

No text, no call and no email from anyone at Tesla. Only noticed because I logged in to my Tesla account.

I hope others waiting on similar MYs in the area and/or 7 seat config will also see a magical VIN appear.
In Phoenix here. Ordered a wht/wht 7 seater for my wife on 7/29. At time of order it just flipped to November delivery. Then Nov15-Dec5th. On Friday I checked the account and it said Sept 16th-sept 30! I immediately sent a screenshot to my wife at work who was having a bad day and she was excited. On Saturday our EDD changed to January. Lets hope our MY finds its way to Phoenix soon!

Reactions: BitJam
Not good, folks, not good. My Sept 15-30 EDD that was locked for about a week just got into October 3.0. Even after my SA confirmed my car will be built in the 3rd week of September. I have no idea what the hell is going on. I switched to financing and started shopping for quotes before the weekend but that should not have affected the EDD, right? It changed today and I switched the payment method on Friday.

I could use a hug.
Here’s a virtual hug!! 🤗

And a reminder to all that
1. EDDs are not to be trusted on Sunday, and they’ll bounce back on Monday
2. October is not even an EDD, just a placeholder, best to be ignored

Good luck tomorrow! VIN should be very soon.

Hey guys,

My finance offer expires end of day Tuesday, and my car is being delivered Friday. I’m desperately trying to avoid another credit hit, we’re shopping mortagages right now. I’ve called Wells Fargo, they’ve kicked me back to Tesla. I’ve emailed [email protected], and they’ve kicked me back to my delivery advisor who has gone radio silent.

Does anyone know of a way I can extend my approval for three days?

Thank you so much!

Ok, here’s the Question of the Day:

Would you accept or desire a MY SR with a Made in China (MIC) LFP battery if it had a range of ~285 miles, 30 day premium connectivity, RWD, a price $7-10k less than the LR and was available within 2-6 weeks?

FYI - within the last 36-48 hours almost 150 M3 SR+ with MIC LFP (253 epa range) batteries have been sold in the US. These batteries live to be charged to 100%.

“Range

The SR Model Y is listed with a range of 525 km (326 miles) on the notoriously forgiving NEDC test cycle. Real-world range remains to be seen, but for context, Tesla lists the range on the dual-motor Long Range Model Y at 594km (369 miles). In the US, Tesla lists the same version at 326 miles on the more-realistic EPA test cycle. If the conversion is similar for the new SR version, it could be expected to have an EPA-rated range of around 463 km (288 miles).”

Reactions: TESRP
Hello all! I'm new to the MY forum. I recently took delivery of a MS Plaid (see avatar), and decided to go all electric and replace my CrossTrek with a Model Y performance last night (8/28/21). I was shocked that the EED was "4-5 weeks," pretty much for all MYP configurations. I looked at the LR and all were "January". Any thoughts on why this is the case, other than Tesla dedicating the Freemont line to higher margin MYPs until the end of the quarter, when it retools? I searched around but couldn't find anything definitive about the MYs produced in Austin early on (like January) and how they "might" differ from those currently being produced in Freemont (Only much speculation). The new battery and front casting will not likely arrive until sometime later than 1Q22, so what will the 1Q22 Austin built MYs be like? Thoughts on this and current MYP flow time from order delivery? Lastly, what VIN range (last six) are currently being "born"?

Hey guys,

My finance offer expires end of day Tuesday, and my car is being delivered Friday. I’m desperately trying to avoid another credit hit, we’re shopping mortagages right now. I’ve called Wells Fargo, they’ve kicked me back to Tesla. I’ve emailed [email protected], and they’ve kicked me back to my delivery advisor who has gone radio silent.

Does anyone know of a way I can extend my approval for three days?

Thank you so much!
How do you know your finance offer expires? Email, status change in your account? I'm past 60 days and haven't received any expiration notice.

Reactions: PatrickTM and dwh13
To answer my own question - Yes!

I owned a MY SR for a while and the only reason I sold it is because I was made an offer that was too good to pass up.

The interior was the same as the LR. The differences were price, RWD (1 motor), 30 day premium connectivity, and range (244 miles). I’m 63 so speed and power don’t thrill me after a week or two (the autopilot did!) and in Florida I don’t need AWD. The range was a non-issue.

How do you know your finance offer expires? Email, status change in your account? I'm past 60 days and haven't received any expiration notice.
Financing expires after 60 days. You won’t get any notification about it or see that unless you know the timing or the SA tells you. Same thing happened to me, it looked fine on my profile but SA said it has expired. I read fine print and saw it had a 60 day life.
so yeah, yours is definitely expired.

Financing expires after 60 days. You won’t get any notification about it or see that unless you know the timing or the SA tells you. Same thing happened to me, it looked fine on my profile but SA said it has expired. I read fine print and saw it had a 60 day life.
Thanks for the info. Do you know if that impacts my VIN assignment?
Frustrating if it does - no notice that it expires and no way to reapply or change to cash.

How do you know your finance offer expires? Email, status change in your account? I'm past 60 days and haven't received any expiration notHow do you know your finance offer expires? Email, status change in your account? I'm past 60 days and haven't received any expiration

From the FAQ page:

When should I start the credit application?
You can apply any time after you place your vehicle order. The credit approvals are valid to up to 60 days depending on the lender. If your delivery date falls after your credit application expires, you may need to start a new application.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Good morning all! - So I had Swoosh for 2 days now ( tomorrow going in for PPF and tint ) Delivery went smooth, it took about 30 min. Swoosh looked great and there was only 3 minor issues that will be take care of by service. I just have to say this vehicle is so amazing to drive, all in our family just loves it. Yes its worth the wait you all, I know it sounds like a cliché. But hey it's true :) When i get it back from PPF/Tint all accessories are going in, ill do some more pictures with all items in then. Just hang in there all it sucks to wait but the reward is something out of this world! I'll never buy a ICE ever again that I can promise, used to be a petrol head like some say, you understand when you have it in possession.

Issues to be fixed are:

Left back hatch panel gap adjusted
Right back passenger door gap adjusted
Right side spoiler not attached ( common with the MYP )

Attachments

• Image (1).jpeg
    Image (1).jpeg
    639.6 KB · Views: 83
  • Image (2).jpeg
    Image (2).jpeg
    698 KB · Views: 48
  • Image (3).jpeg
    Image (3).jpeg
    485.8 KB · Views: 49
  • Image (4).jpeg
    Image (4).jpeg
    468.6 KB · Views: 57
order placed on 8/10; fluctuated various dates between Nov-Dec. Now states Jan. I wonder if there are jockying orders for production start in Texas? Order MYLR Gemini Wheels, White Interior
Given the recent photo release yesterday, might lend some credence to push order later. Giga Factory Texas could be producing cars for Jan delivery. This makes even more sense if they produce cars there shipments east coast. Cheaper transportation costs, delivery times etc...