Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So with this calculation I think we can set KPIs on behalf of Elon and send them over to him: >500 mile range (which also includes a metric of 25% reduction in weight for efficiency gains to help realize this goal) and 50% reduction in charging time.

Unless I don't understand what you meant by efficiency, and then we'd need another
Efficiency aka consumption, like wh/mile, or the dreaded MPGe.

Weight reduction is worth its weight in gold (no pun intended). Like the media's obsession with range, which is a pissing contest if you ask me (I know...no one asked me), weight reduction is vastly overlooked. And it is one of those things that helps both: range and efficiency (consumption)! Which is why a Model 3 at a v2 supercharger peaking at 150kw can nearly keep up on a long distance road trip with a Taycan that can charge at almost 300kw.

I've never had insurance go down before over time, lol. Only one time it went down was after an accident dropped off my record. Each renewal, it goes up. Maybe it will be different switching to Tesla.
Well, I am 30 years old male, so from the time when I've had to pay for my own insurance (single 20 y/o), my cars have steadily become less valuable while my risk factors have become lower (married, mortgage, credit increases, no tickets, no at faults, etc.)

However, I fully understand that everyone's situation is different, and premiums can be all over the place.

Reactions: loggedout
Well, I am 30 years old male, so from the time when I've had to pay for my own insurance (single 20 y/o), my cars have steadily become less valuable while my risk factors have become lower (married, mortgage, credit increases, no tickets, no at faults, etc.)

However, I fully understand that everyone's situation is different, and premiums can be all over the place.

Haha. "cars have steadily become less valuable" translates to "I used to have nicer cars before I had kids"

We took a whollop from Ida remnants. 10+" rain in my town. Basement with water, pool overflowing. Tornado on other side of town.
Flooding all over town it was (still is) ugly. Hoping all the NJ people here rode out the storm and are safe.
Schiza! I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm just outside of Boston, also got hit with a deluge of rain. I have no clue why or how my basement is dry, but it is. I'm thanking my lucky stars.

Delivery day tomorrow. Just got an automated call from my SC to confirm the appointment for pickup. Am I to expect any further communication or should I just show up a few minutes early expecting it to be parked in front of the showroom?

I'm not planning on paying the down payment until I see it and make sure it looks good, atleast from the outside. Will that slow anything down?

I think the big difference with this logic though is the weight and cost of the batteries as it stands now and in the foreseeable future.

If you are always hauling around a huge battery pack and only need it for road trips a couple times a year, the rest of the time you are wasting efficiency and energy by hauling around all that extra weight. That and all those extra batteries to give you that range cost a lot more making the car that much more expensive.

The best way to solve this issue in the near term is to increase efficiency and improve charging curves to make "filling up" as fast as possible, not just add more batteries and more range.

That said, long term we should see improvements in battery density that will ultimately mean more range out of the same or less batteries which helps give more range for hopefully less cost up front.

We are all definitely still early adopters in the EV world and I love it! It will definitely improve over time, and I think we will likely see more affordable lower range cars in the future since many people don't need cars with 500 miles of range for regular driving. But I think to increase adoption of EVs as a whole, people that aren't familiar with them or are nervous about range will be sold much easier on EVs if they can get a car with huge range to ease their anxiety about running out of juice. But then they will realize soon after that they could have easily gotten by with 300 miles of range :)
100% agree with everything here, particularly about the trade-offs between large battery pack, weight, and efficiency penalty vs longer range. It's a balance act.

I'm very excited to see the innovation and competition coming up in the next few years as the mass market shifts to EVs. Believe me, the competition will be fierce and the consumer will benefit in the long run. My wife recently discussed with me about how the Model Y will be the best car she's ever had, and I said yup. Then she said probably the best car she'll ever have, and I said, well, hold on - VWG companies, Ford, Kia/Hyundai, and even Stellantis (in Europe) are investing heavily in EVs. In a few years even Toyota and the rest of the Japanese companies will have to pull their heads out the sand. By the time my 2015 Prius dies (I'm never getting rid of that ugly dumpling willingly, I love it too much) not only will the Model Y be a far better car, but there will be a healthy amount of options to choose from besides Tesla.

I’m getting 34 panels and 3 power walls. It’s been absolute hell, to be honest. Tesla as been snaps pace slow on submitting documents, which has delayed the build to now… 7 months. We’ve had our financing expire once, and will again on October 1st. That being said, Tesla just submitted our build to our local utilities for approval, so soon as we hear back with the approval, we should be about 2 weeks out from starting the installation. Stay tuned! LOL
Love it! Very excited for you!

Well, excited for you to get your solar array and powerwall. Not excited for you to go through the Tesla hazing ritual...again.

Was September 14-30 after spending 2.5 days in the October Club (this past weekend). EDD has mainly been in September since July 29 with the EDD ranging 15-20 days - also had a few Octobers and NULLS during this time.
Just when I thought it was a bad sign to have the last day of my EDD range as 9/30! :)
Congrats on the VIN!

My EDD is holding steady for me at 9/11 - 9/30. Approaching 90 days since my profile completion date. (order agreement date says 5/26)

Just when I thought it was a bad sign to have the last day of my EDD range as 9/30! :)
Congrats on the VIN!

My EDD is holding steady for me at 9/11 - 9/30. Approaching 90 days since my profile completion date. (order agreement date says 5/26)
Positive thoughts, prayers, and vibes. See, feel, hear … use all your senses ... you’re driving your MY. You have it! Bam!!!

• Love
Reactions: Quiet Coyote
Haha. "cars have steadily become less valuable" translates to "I used to have nicer cars before I had kids"
Haha you know, life has weird way of messing with plans, and still no kids yet!

Since selling the WRX hatchback that I obsessed over and worshipped, now I'm just riding the natural depreciation curve of my lovely 2015 Prius.

Just wanted to share this from the order tracking sheet. The shift to longer delivery times is very evident and real when you compare Q2 to Q3:

1630597457942.png

Day 90 for me today. EDD Still 9/5-9/25.

Thoughts of the day:

* Kodak scoffed at digital cameras saying the quality could never surpass film
* Blackberry ridiculed Apple saying nobody would ever want a phone without tactile keys
* ICE owners mock EV owners saying nobody would ever want to drive an electric car
I think of other existing electric tools that we have, and ask what if it were gas powered.

Do I prefer my iPad to be plugged in and charged at my desk every night? Or take it to the "iPad fuel refilling station" to pour some combustion fluid in it every two weeks?

I think of other existing electric tools that we have, and ask what if it were gas powered.

Do I prefer my iPad to be plugged in and charged at my desk every night? Or take it to the "iPad fuel refilling station" to pour some combustion fluid in it every two weeks?
my wife just cracked me up with this line while eating breakfast... "can't wait to use my e-cig in my e-ccar"

meanwhile i'm singing "my oh my, where is my MY" in my head

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣