Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think of other existing electric tools that we have, and ask what if it were gas powered.

Do I prefer my iPad to be plugged in and charged at my desk every night? Or take it to the "iPad fuel refilling station" to pour some combustion fluid in it every two weeks?

That's a very good counter argument for when someone says "but do you really want to have to charge your car all the time?"

Curious what they offered you for your M3? I ask because from the M3 thread, most people feel Tesla lowballed them on the M3 trade (even though Tesla can re-sell them). Most M3 owners I read are just going the Carmax/Carvana/Vroom route...
I just sold my M3 yesterday. 2019, standard range plus, 28k miles, white ext , black int, $38,700. I sold to a local dealer whom I found off kbb.com. Carvana had offered me $36.5k a few weeks ago and when I resubmitted Monday it was $35.5k.

Well, I am 30 years old male, so from the time when I've had to pay for my own insurance (single 20 y/o), my cars have steadily become less valuable while my risk factors have become lower (married, mortgage, credit increases, no tickets, no at faults, etc.)

However, I fully understand that everyone's situation is different, and premiums can be all over the place.
Must be a FL thing. I mentioned in a different post, we have crazy drivers and slow drivers and the combination of the 2 is bad news. Only time I get a discount with insurance is when I switch providers. Even with those factors you mentioned for me. I'd think as a car gets older, it will cheaper to insure but these FL insurers think otherwise.

Reactions: PatrickTM
FWIW, the KBB “Good” trade-in value for my 2019 M3SR+ has been increasing and is now sitting at 39822. Tesla is currently offering $28900. The last on-line offer I received a couple weeks ago was for $38455 (a company called Driveo that another member recommended, but only services SoCal). Anyway will see what the offer actually is if I ever receive a VIN and what they actually pay, but Tesla trade-in, at least here is very weak, encourage looking into Carvana, CarMax, Shift, etc.
Carvana originally offered me $2k more than Tesla, so when I changed my order to MYP, I opted out of a trade in. As of yesterday, Carvana’s offer is $4k higher than the July Tesla offer. That helped close the price gap between my LR and Perf change.

Efficiency aka consumption, like wh/mile, or the dreaded MPGe.

Weight reduction is worth its weight in gold (no pun intended). Like the media's obsession with range, which is a pissing contest if you ask me (I know...no one asked me), weight reduction is vastly overlooked. And it is one of those things that helps both: range and efficiency (consumption)! Which is why a Model 3 at a v2 supercharger peaking at 150kw can nearly keep up on a long distance road trip with a Taycan that can charge at almost 300kw.

Well, I am 30 years old male, so from the time when I've had to pay for my own insurance (single 20 y/o), my cars have steadily become less valuable while my risk factors have become lower (married, mortgage, credit increases, no tickets, no at faults, etc.)

However, I fully understand that everyone's situation is different, and premiums can be all over the place.

Haha you know, life has weird way of messing with plans, and still no kids yet!

Since selling the WRX hatchback that I obsessed over and worshipped, now I'm just riding the natural depreciation curve of my lovely 2015 Prius.

We sound like twins. AF (transferred to USSF though), age, family, obsessed over my Legacy--still have her but her wrinkles are a bit beyond makeup these days, same thoughts on EV progression, and of course forever anxiously waiting...

• Love
Not cool to text stuff like this less than 7 days from delivery date. Not cool at all.
CCD8E4E8-698A-4134-A96D-6D09B59814BE.jpeg

Team Red, nearby, not exact. Super tempting but I'm not thrilled over the demo vehicle thing. Despite only a few hundred miles. Thoughts on demos?

I’ve had my demo for a week now- it has 1500 miles on it- no complaints so far! My MYLR7 order just got pushed back to end of November so I’m happy to have mine!

I once slid from Broad Street to 22nd Street. Broad is what we would call 14th - you do the math. It was the entire length of the property where the Eagles practice, the Novacare Center. It ended with what I assume you are referring to as a "Finnish Flick" when I pulled the e-brake to avoid the intersection at 22nd. (Not in a Tesla but now I'm terrified to drive anything besides a Tesla in snow or ice.)

The car I was driving at the time is rear engine, rear wheel drive so it will do the "pendulum turn" in low grip conditions by default whether you want it to or not, so the recovery part is basically just opposite lock and a touch of throttle. It was simultaneously terrifying and the most excitement I've ever had at 5mph :)

Sounds like you might have been going a wee bit faster than I was :D

• Informative
Reactions: PhillyGal
So question for you all, I'm trying to plan out payment and insurance on the new car I picked from inventory they told me they were loading it up yesterday (for what thats worth) in Vegas in route to Atlanta. How long of travel time should that take and I'm trying to determine if its worth bothering my Delivery center on if I can get it early and when it might be in earlier?

Also as I'm without a car, having sold my ICE one to carmax last night I'm trying to plan getting where I need to be.
Your SA should be able to tell you; mine knew when my MY was to be delivered

Sadly my SA has been pretty silent, has not responded to my last email I sent on 8/31 regarding the process of the inventory reservation.
that sucks, some SA's are just terrible. Mine responds to my text messages within 30 minutes. I got a text message earlier this morning about paying the downpayment to ensure a quick delivery tomorrow and I asked him about it. He replied within 15 minutes via text that it'll add 10-15 minutes to my delivery if I pay on site.

that sucks, some SA's are just terrible. Mine responds to my text messages within 30 minutes. I got a text message earlier this morning about paying the downpayment to ensure a quick delivery tomorrow and I asked him about it. He replied within 15 minutes via text that it'll add 10-15 minutes to my delivery if I pay on site.
I tried emailing my SA again, we'll see

Thanks. Crazy stuff going on here lately, but luckily no damage for us. My family has lived in this area for generations. Never in my life have I been close enough to the path of a tornado that I've gone to the basement. This is the 2nd time in 5 weeks. 7 tornadoes in that time have touched down and done damage. But let's not dare mention climate change... it apparently angers some people.
Really glad you all stayed safe!

Haha I don't want to get started...I got the comment from my father in law "and there was nothing they could have done to prevent it!" Yes, correct, we could not intervene and prevent this specific tornado as it was happening. But what about all the things leading up to creating these new weather patterns?

• Helpful