Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why not pick up in Mt. Kisco, NY?
My guess is less paperwork for the buyer and Tesla as it relates to state taxes. NJ does not charge any use/sales tax on EVs, while NY does. So if you take delivery in NY you’ll probably have to file paperwork ahead of time seeking an out-of-state waiver, or pay it and then request it back, which might take a month or more to get your money back.

I'll admit, I initially thought you were overreacting (to Vroom, not the private sales - been there done that and you get some interesting messages), until I started reading a little:

The one thing I find weird about this is that they have a policy that you're supposed to be able to return a car for whatever reason for up to a week or 250 miles.

I kept reading in a lot of other review and ratings sites and to be fair, most negative reviews I read were in the purchase process. And the ones that discussed selling were that the company became unresponsive BEFORE they even picked up the car. I didn't see any that brought up not receiving the agreed upon amount after the car was picked up.

All that said, there are definitely some issues with the company so just an extra confirmation that you don't need that your concerns are probably well-founded. I am sure people have great experiences with no problems, but theyre a small and growing company and seems like they don't have everything ironed out yet. I guess it runs in the industry.

Having only conducted vehicle transactions through traditional car dealerships, this is foreign to me. It absolutely seems like Vroom, Carvana and Carmax are the future of sales, but I just don't know enough about them. Sure, there are online reviews of which most negative ones come from the purchasing side like you said, but my initial gut feeling is don't do it. Perhaps because I'm analytical by nature and gray area is not something my brain likes to process, but going against my gut instinct in the past usually hasn't worked out too well.

As of now, the difference between Vroom and Tesla is about $1500 more on the Vroom side. That's assuming Vroom's price doesn't change. But there is a real risk that after taking away the Raptor that the $1500 difference evaporates. Or the whole transaction becomes a nightmare.

I'm looking at it this way. 19 months ago the Raptor cost me $68k. 16k miles in and Tesla's offering me a few thousand less than I purchased it for. Not exactly a bad situation to be in.

Besides waiting for VINs and EDD updates, anyone have fun or interesting plans for the long weekend?

My weekend kicked off with a bang! Had today off in addition to the upcoming Monday holiday, thanks to Air Force higher ups in my command, generous taxpayers, and viewers like you. Had a chill day helping wife with groceries, laundry, cooked us lunch, relaxed, did the good husband gig…and decided to get some exercise and go for a long walk on a nearby trail around 5pm. Things got interesting there.

I plugged in my earbuds, turned up my NPR, tech, news, science podcasts, and had an entirely uneventful 4.5 miles out of my 5 mile walk. Then a gang of cyclists approached, swerving all around the trail, yelling profanities at me. I moved over to the far right, pretty much to the edge, and they lined up, momentarily blocking the trail, then came charging at me full speed in succession. Well, I had to either dive into the bushes/trees, or stand my ground. I chose to stand my ground, kept walking forward but with a little more vigor, and did my best stiff-arm fend. Made contact with 3 of them, fourth and fifth riders played chicken and swerved away at the last second. None of them fell off, but they were surprised and a little caught off guard that I hit them. I expected them to come at me again for another go at me, but thankfully all they did was just shout a lot more profanities at me. Nothing racial, though again, thanks to NPR I couldn’t hear everything they shouted. I’m no superstar athlete but I‘m fit and decently coordinated. Getting in an unarmed fight with five young asshats would’ve been unpleasant and painful for all parties.

Well, the weekend’s just getting started and my buddies will for sure get a kick out of this story. Party on, VINless souls!

Besides waiting for VINs and EDD updates, anyone have fun or interesting plans for the long weekend?

My weekend kicked off with a bang! Had today off in addition to the upcoming Monday holiday, thanks to Air Force higher ups in my command, generous taxpayers, and viewers like you. Had a chill day helping wife with groceries, laundry, cooked us lunch, relaxed, did the good husband gig…and decided to get some exercise and go for a long walk on a nearby trail around 5pm. Things got interesting there.

I plugged in my earbuds, turned up my NPR, tech, news, science podcasts, and had an entirely uneventful 4.5 miles out of my 5 mile walk. Then a gang of cyclists approached, swerving all around the trail, yelling profanities at me. I moved over to the far right, pretty much to the edge, and they lined up, momentarily blocking the trail, then came charging at me full speed in succession. Well, I had to either dive into the bushes/trees, or stand my ground. I chose to stand my ground, kept walking forward but with a little more vigor, and did my best stiff-arm fend. Made contact with 3 of them, fourth and fifth riders played chicken and swerved away at the last second. None of them fell off, but they were surprised and a little caught off guard that I hit them. I expected them to come at me again for another go at me, but thankfully all they did was just shout a lot more profanities at me. Nothing racial, though again, thanks to NPR I couldn’t hear everything they shouted. I’m no superstar athlete but I‘m fit and decently coordinated. Getting in an unarmed fight with five young asshats would’ve been unpleasant and painful for all parties.

Well, the weekend’s just getting started and my buddies will for sure get a kick out of this story. Party on, VINless souls!
Lesson: don’t mess with members of our Armed Forces. Nor, as least as importantly, with VINless MY waiters.

Lesson: don’t mess with members of our Armed Forces. Nor, as least as importantly, with VINless MY waiters.
It just sucks because it’s beautiful and popular trail. Lots of families, dog walkers, runners, women, children, young, old, everyone - a true a gem for the community. Who are they going to mess with next? Who have they messed with before? Is it satisfying to them to push grandma down in the ditch?

Part of me almost wish that I could teach them a lesson that attacking people out of the blue is not okay, that if you eff around, there are consequences. Oh well, I can only do so much, I certainly can’t fix other families’ poor parenting.

Not directly about Tesla but impactful, nonetheless:

“General Motors will shut production at most of its North American plants for a week or two starting next week as the worsening chip shortage takes another bite out of its plans.”

the difference —-> GM communicates with its customers. Tesla shows meaningless EDDs and doesn’t communicate a farking thing.

After 90 days I can finally say that I have my MY!!!

Delivery was quick and easy. It was raining a little so my inspection wasn't super intense but for the most part panel gaps looked acceptable. The paint was in great condition. Interior was clean as well. Only issues I could find were that one headlight assembly is a off from flush a little and one headlight assembly is too. Don't know if it's worth it to put in service requests for such small issues.

View attachment 704876View attachment 704877
Congrats it looks awesome!!’ 🤩

Reactions: ajs847
87941B8B-58B2-4F63-A995-E42504D369A5.jpeg
Ready for this to stop being a thing 🤦🏻‍♀️ Well, it’s not going away completely as we’re keeping our truck, but it won’t be me pumping the fuel lol! I just filled up on Sunday and had to do it all again today 🤪 Our kiddo is gonna be super sad when she realizes we don’t get Icees or Tornadoes from the gas station anymore
😂🤷🏻‍♀️😂

I was hoping my MYP showed up early to the Warwick SC so I could pick it up. Doesn’t appear that will be the case though. LOL

Reactions: PatrickTM
Question for those of you trying to nab an inventory/demo car (or have successfully grabbed one already). Are you camping out on Tesla-info? Monitoring with a distill? Something else? My spec has popped up a couple of times, but I wasn't quick enough to grab it. Set up a distill and now I'm getting this message :rolleyes:
View attachment 704959
I kept checking the website as often as I could; took 2 days. However I think mine lasted on the website for a couple hours before I took it because it was a demo

Reactions: SuperchargEDD

To be included in the next holiday's safety briefing! Glad it didn't escalate beyond that. It's a shame they didn't fall.

I played 18 holes of disc golf with my wife and friends. Then did nothing followed by a few deployments to Rebirth Island in Warzone for the evening. Tomorrow is a long run then cleaning the house in preparation for hosting some friends for a cookout following going to a AA baseball game with them, which is on Sunday. Probably more disc golf on Sunday if I can squeeze it in. Monday? Probably no labor besides a light run.

Oh, and checking my EDD and tesla-info.