Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I wouldnt do that until you have a vin assigned. My performance is here(at SC) and supposed to take delivery this week. I am not because I sat down with the wife and decided we will wait for the LR model Y we have locked in at 50,900. The one that we ordered MONTHS ago. I personally cant justify a 10k+ difference from a long range to a performance. (57k after tax vs 67k after tax) Not to mention the new wheels I would need for the performance because as we all know summer tires dont do good in winter weather. I am sure you have read my situation before and wish I never cancelled my trade in. I would have my LR Y by now.
Yes - your situation is exactly what has me afraid to touch a thing! I'm glad you have settled on sticking with the LR. Your wait has been painful but $10k is a substantial amount of money. And yup, I'd need new wheels immediately too if I went P. No bueno for winter or for potholes.
BTW, the last forum I was super active on a LONG time ago, I was JeepingEaglesChick......I've been a Philly fan since I was 10, even flew out to Training Camp solo once in 2007 and came out to the Superbowl parade :p

This will be our only car that has more than 5 seats. We frequently have visitors for the weekend at the cabin and it will be nice to take people to dinner at our favorite spot with only taking one vehicle. Its only 25 minutes each way so not too bad even if an adult who can fit has to sit in the back. I wanted to have the option, but I suspect that the majority of the time, those seats will be down. LOL
Awesome! I have been PhillyGal on here and Tesla.com's old built-in forum forever and as the name implies, I'm most definitely an Eagles fan. I'm glad you got to fly in for the parade. Much to the dismay of the entire rest of the world, the City was alive, electric, happy, peaceful, safe and fun that day! I got to enjoy much of the day from the comfort of a rare single-family townhome ("rowhouse") a few steps the Parkway, popping in and out to join the crowds as I wanted to.

Ordered a MYLR on 7/1/21 and got sick of waiting so I ordered the MYP 3 weeks ago and took delivery yesterday.

I never cancelled my MYLR order and it currently has an Estimated Delivery of October 25 - November 14.

Posting here to see if anybody wants to take over my reservation. See attached for build details and financials.

DM me if you're interested.

FYI, this order was placed before the $1000 price hike. Looking to recoup my deposit and $500. Spoke with my SA and the transfer process is very simple. DM me if you're interested. View attachment 706672View attachment 706675

I could be wrong, but I don't think Tesla allows transferring of an order.

Not sure if I can figure out how to do it or if Tesla would allow it, but if anyone here has a MYP White/Black 5 seat, no tow, no FSD my original order has an EDD of 9/9-9/22. I don't know if once it gets a VIN if it can be manually reassigned. Maybe worth a shot? Just throwing it out there for anyone here wanting one that has that exact spec.

Yes - your situation is exactly what has me afraid to touch a thing! I'm glad you have settled on sticking with the LR. Your wait has been painful but $10k is a substantial amount of money. And yup, I'd need new wheels immediately too if I went P. No bueno for winter or for potholes.

Awesome! I have been PhillyGal on here and Tesla.com's old built-in forum forever and as the name implies, I'm most definitely an Eagles fan. I'm glad you got to fly in for the parade. Much to the dismay of the entire rest of the world, the City was alive, electric, happy, peaceful, safe and fun that day! I got to enjoy much of the day from the comfort of a rare single-family townhome ("rowhouse") a few steps the Parkway, popping in and out to join the crowds as I wanted to.
@PhillyGal Now there was a forum (forum.Tesla.com) that was out of control; so glad Tesla shut it down. No "FishEV" or "M8Ball" BS here, mods wouldn't allow it. ;)

My source-less guess is that Fremont is switching entirely to MYP and Austin will be LR.

Why?
- estimates shot through Q4.
- what caused their demand to skyrocket? I propose demand is actually steady and they're just planning on delivering fewer LR MY in Q4. This would support the Austin ramp-up.
- the craziest Q3 push, according to Elon, is to slightly offset that decrease.
- Fremont being completely P allows them to deliver them ASAP, despite overall lower demand, to further offset the Austin ramp-up

Therefore, (downvote away), October and early November are going to be extra slow months for LR VINs for all regions.

*dodges tomatoes*

I actually agree with you. Since the demand is greater with the LR vs. P it would give them more profit. With all this talks about new manufacturing processes and with front casting it would yield them more profit building higher quantities. Also thinking Fremont will build the S/X along with the MYP.

Reactions: PatrickTM
All I can say is Eff you Tesla.

Text message: We understand timing is important to you. If you do not select a delivery appointment by tonight, this vehicle will move on to the next customer.

Also the web site: There are currently no appointments available.

Pick one you effing idiots.
I received something similar last week, except I got that text message after I selected a delivery appointment, and had to call and they couldn't figure out why I got that text.

Reactions: PatrickTM
All I can say is Eff you Tesla.

Text message: We understand timing is important to you. If you do not select a delivery appointment by tonight, this vehicle will move on to the next customer.

Also the web site: There are currently no appointments available.

Pick one you effing idiots.
I purchased this car out of inventory August 18th. 3 weeks in, who know if I will get the car or not. THREE WEEKS. And 99% the SA wont have anything they can do and the car is gone tonight. This car has been nothing but bad news from day 1. I would rather start over.

Do you think it was a setup? Given that the airbags didn’t deploy, he was totally fine (or “good” per him 🙄), and they didn’t film the actual impact? Just my thought if this is a pattern of stupid behavior for him…
To be fully honest, I kind of felt that it was maybe some type of call for attention. I wouldn't want to call it a suicide attempt, but after he hit the drainage area and bounced back up, once the suspension normalizes is when a normal person would start slowing down. It seemed like acceleration all the way to the end, and it's not like a road, curb, parking lot, and building all showed up in a sequence of surprises.