Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Man...this garage floor looks so good. I see it was $1,800.

Curious - has anyone DIY'd this before? I am strongly considering doing this in my garage but I am a huge cheapskate so I'm trying to decide if it is worth doing it myself or just paying someone to do it. Just wondering how long it takes to DIY it all in (pressure wash to finished product) and how hard it is to make it look good. :)
I wouldn’t
Man...this garage floor looks so good. I see it was $1,800.

Curious - has anyone DIY'd this before? I am strongly considering doing this in my garage but I am a huge cheapskate so I'm trying to decide if it is worth doing it myself or just paying someone to do it. Just wondering how long it takes to DIY it all in (pressure wash to finished product) and how hard it is to make it look good. :)
I would HIGHLY advise against doing it on your own. I just finished a video on the installation of the Epoxy Floor if you are interested in seeing what goes into a professional installation.

Awesome! I have been PhillyGal on here and Tesla.com's old built-in forum forever and as the name implies, I'm most definitely an Eagles fan. I'm glad you got to fly in for the parade. Much to the dismay of the entire rest of the world, the City was alive, electric, happy, peaceful, safe and fun that day! I got to enjoy much of the day from the comfort of a rare single-family townhome ("rowhouse") a few steps the Parkway, popping in and out to join the crowds as I wanted to.
Yeah, it was amazing. I booked 24 hours before the parade and was able to get a room at The Logan, right on the parade route!

• Love
Reactions: PhillyGal
Ordered a MYLR on 7/1/21 and got sick of waiting so I ordered the MYP 3 weeks ago and took delivery yesterday.

I never cancelled my MYLR order and it currently has an Estimated Delivery of October 25 - November 14.

Posting here to see if anybody wants to take over my reservation. See attached for build details and financials.

DM me if you're interested.

FYI, this order was placed before the $1000 price hike. Looking to recoup my deposit and $500. Spoke with my SA and the transfer process is very simple. DM me if you're interested. View attachment 706672View attachment 706675
Can you just go ahead and tell us publicly what your SA said the "very simple" process would be? This is just for my own curiosity, I'm not interested in taking over your order.

Previously someone on here said to transfer the order to someone outside of your immediate family, they would have sign a brand new purchase agreement with the new buyer's name, along with updated order date and pricing. The only thing that seems like it would carry over is the RN, which seems a bit inconsequential considering they'd be sent to the back of the production queue. But if your SA has something different, that would be very interesting to me!

We have two kids, and opted for the 5 seater. My wife and I debated back and forth on that, but in the end if we need to haul a bunch of humans we still have a mini van, and the extra storage space in the rear is probably going to be more useful for the long haul (no pun intended). Sometimes I wonder if we should have gotten the 7 seat option though.
You aren't really giving up storage space except for the small underbody compartment, you still get the large one and the same amount of space.

Now, you have me considering moving to the 7 seater. It may be worth it.
It was for us, we have two small children but we always have relatives come visit with other children and my mother lives locally so anytime we want to go somewhere it will be super convenient to ride in one vehicle. The $3K price tag was worth it to have that extra flexibility and our children are 5 and 2 so we should get plenty of use before they outgrow that area.

Ordered a MYLR on 7/1/21 and got sick of waiting so I ordered the MYP 3 weeks ago and took delivery yesterday.

I never cancelled my MYLR order and it currently has an Estimated Delivery of October 25 - November 14.

Posting here to see if anybody wants to take over my reservation. See attached for build details and financials.

DM me if you're interested.

FYI, this order was placed before the $1000 price hike. Looking to recoup my deposit and $500. Spoke with my SA and the transfer process is very simple. DM me if you're interested. View attachment 706672View attachment 706675
Damn if only you had Tow I would definitely do it.

So it just dawned on me that my original order I used a friend's referral code, and on the inventory in the frantic pace to purchase I didn't use it, so sent an email to my SA to see if they could add it.
FYI my SA said he couldn't do it. But I found this email address on Reddit. I had to wait 3 weeks and I thought it wasn't going to work but sure enough last week I got a reply saying they added it to my order.

[email protected]

Reactions: BitJam and DaveGT
I would say, if you think you may regret it, just do it. I didn't want to have a scenario where I would have wanted to use it and didn't get it.
This was how I approached it. I don't plan on using it all the time, but would rather have this option and not use it than need it one day and not have it. Obviously it cost more, but I opted for no other upgrades (by choice), so not a huge deal to me.

How do you open live chat for Tesla?
Search inventory and it should be in the bottom right.

1631121477692.png

I wouldn’t

I would HIGHLY advise against doing it on your own. I just finished a video on the installation of the Epoxy Floor if you are interested in seeing what goes into a professional installation.
@GoGators! My husband and brother-in-laws have DIY’d the epoxy floors in (4) normal home garages and (1) massive shop so far without any issues. They used the Rustoleum Epoxy-Shield Professional kits. You have to be meticulous with the prep, do the etching with muriatic acid, and “overmeasure” to make sure you have plenty of epoxy and don’t end up with uneven spots.

Not knocking professional install by any means, because it is quite a task to DIY. But just wanted to add my $0.02 that if you have good attention to detail and don’t rush, it can be done well as a DIY.

Last edited:
Go to the main Tesla.com site and click a link like you want to look at a car to buy it. The chat will pop up.
I thought about chatting to confirm my small window EDD, but I don't want to get the message like, Oh, this is wrong, your EDD shouldn't be there, we see your car being built in November, not September. 😂