Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pickup today was a success!

Ordered May 8th - picked up today, exactly 18 weeks from order to delivery. Longest 18 weeks ever...very painful wait, but that's in the past now and I have my MY!!

Overall car was in great shape. They were super busy and were delivering a ton of cars today. I had a trade in which was a piece of cake.

They pulled the car up for me to inspect and never rushed me at all. I checked it over and the exterior was great. No issues. Beautiful blue with white interior. The sub-trunk cover is kind of messed up - the handle is damaged and the carpet had some weird damage. I pointed it out and the person helping with deliveries went to go find another one but there were no other 7 seaters there and none in stock to switch it out. So we made a service appointment in the app and mobile service will swing by my office on Wednesday to swap it for a new one, and will install Homelink while he is there 👍🏻

Other than that, the car is beautiful. I'm so happy to finally have it after 126 days of waiting.

Here it is at delivery:

View attachment 708266

View attachment 708267

Got it home (110 Mile drive - feels great on the highway - quiet and smoother than my Model 3) and installed mud flaps, floor mats, took off the wheel covers and installed the hub and bolt covers, and will install the screen protector and other odds and ends tomorrow.

Monday appointment scheduled for full window tint and front and PPF.

Looks beautiful in the garage next to the M3. Feels amazing to be fully electric and never have to worry about gas again! Couldn't be happier and I know all of you still waiting are struggling to hang in there, but if I can wait 126 days you can too!

View attachment 708269View attachment 708275
Congrats! Your garage will look very similar to mine when my MYLR arrives. My hubby has an M3 as well.

Reactions: GoGators!
I got front bumper PPF from driveptotected.shop
They have all the PPFs. Use code BTG at checkout for 20% off.
Front bumper
Thank you. At $750 USD in materials it’s pretty expensive… no?

I’m also going to DIY ceramic coating on the outside and the inside. Any recccos for that?

how about car seat covers? Or ceramic coating on car seat covers is good enough?

Last edited:
Delivery was supposed to be tomorrow :( till SA called last night and said truck is delayed coming from Alabama. Still very excited. Spent all weekend cleaning out and pressure washing the garage. Lol. I told my wife, we’ve gotten a few cars in the past and never cleaned out the garage, but we didn’t blink to do it for this one. Lol.
This is the first one coming for my wife. I’ll update the title to mine after delivery.
Lol!! I’m queueing up for the garage cleanup with my wife.

Folks please click on ACCOUNT at bottom left and in CUSTOM TITLE space please type in your details (Model- LR/P;interior W or B, FSD, OD, location)

this will help newcomers to quickly understand your details when you proclaim triumphantly that you got the VIN or EDD is close or when you vent about delays
Thanks! I've had it in my signature like many here but couldn't figure out how to edit the "Member" section. Updated!

Got my VIN today.
Order date at Tesla Service Center: 6/25
Financing / No-trade in
MYLR, white ext, black int, 20” induction, no tow, no fsd, 5 seater.

Initial EDD: mid-August
Hovered around there for a while then went through the October hell. Then hovered around early-Sept.

Was 11-30 September for the past week or so. After VIN was received this morning it updated to 26-29 September.
We will see if that happens or if it gets yanked for a West coast delivery…

Got my VIN today.
Financing / No-trade in

Hovered around there for a while then went through the October hell. Then hovered around early-Sept.

Was 11-30 September for the past week or so. After VIN was received this morning it updated to 26-29 September.
Congrats!! Hopefully mine not far behind…

If folks can add VIN date too. Helps track VIN to delivery. There’s enough space for it I think
You get short on space for the title pretty quick, but I just modified mine to give the most important details in the title and then put the rest in my signature. Title currently says
OD 7/7/21 | LR 5 | Wh/Bl | 19 | Tow | VIN 265xxx

Hello my VINless friends! Yes, it’s true, as some of you noticed in my signature this morning. I received my VIN!

Thanks to those of you who noticed and congratulated me. I appreciate you!

TL/DR;
I got an email from Tesla at 1:20 AM, inviting me to complete my order. I didn’t see it until 5 AM. I clicked the magic blue button and got my 265XXX VIN. As a long timer in this thread, I have a responsibility to tell you guys what happened. I got my third vaccine this morning (so maybe being vaccinated DOES matter!!) and this is the first chance I’ve had to write this post.

When I ordered the car on May 31, the EDD was two weeks. I ordered the wall charger the next day and it was installed before the end of June. Since then, along with the rest of you, my EDD has fluctuated from two weeks in July, Oktoberfest, and then holding at 9/11 -30 since 8/29.

Yesterday, I stopped at the Tesla gallery in Manhasset, Long Island to see if I could get anyone to look at the soft match system so I could get a better idea if I would get my car this month. The sales guy said that they don’t have access to the manufacturing system and that the best guess would be the EDD that’s in my account. He said he gets asked the questions all the time but the sales people don’t have access to get better data. He verified that my profile is complete and that I should upload my insurance doc as soon as I get it. I've emailed my agent and I'll have it Monday.

Being in a state of VINlessness has been agony...almost to the point that I wish I didn't join this thread. I said ALMOST! You guys are the most intelligent, incisive, funny, supportive and respectful bunch and definitely kept me up to date with my farking car. My wife thinks I'm obsessed so I don't recount what happened in the forum to her anymore. And then, since i don't say anything, she has been asking if anything is new with the car!! So I guess she's obsessed by proxy.

From order date to VIN was 103 days. The magic email came at 1:20am (east coast time) so there's proof that it can come outside of business hours.

Here's my table of EDDs since June (I know, you're shocked I kept score....):

DateEDD
6/58/6 - 9/6
6/12September
6/198/12 - 9/11
6/238/17 - 9/6
6/24 8/10 - 8/30
6/258/7 - 8/27
6/268/11 - 8/31
6/308/11 - 8/31
7/18/18 - 9/7
7/28/16 - 9/5
7/38/18 - 9/7
7/58/20 - 9/9
7/88/9 - 8/29
7/108/31 - 9/20
7/118/14 - 9/3
7/129/3 - 9/23
7/139/8 - 9/28
7/149/1 - 9/21
7/157/29 - 8/18
7/168/19 - 9/8
7/188/24 - 9/13
7/208/23 - 9/12
7/238/20 - 9/9
7/248/27 - 9/16
7/258/26 - 9/15
7/268/27 - 9/16
7/308/23 - 9/12
7/318/19 - 9/8
8/18/31 - 9/20
8/2October
8/38/31 - 9/20
8/48/27 - 9/16
8/58/31 - 9/20
8/68/27 - 9/16
8/99/1 - 9/30
8/9October
8/108/28 - 9/17
8/119/1 - 9/21
8/139/3 - 9/23
8/189/7 - 9/27
8/199/6 - 9/26
8/289/11 - 9/30
9/11VIN 9/25-28
Congrats and well deserved. I’m currently at 84 days and my EDD is at 10/15-11/4, it’s been stuck there for 2 weeks so it looks like I’m going to be waiting a bit longer than you. I installed the wall charger a few weeks after placing my order…just stands there taunting me and laughing at me with its green smile.

Anyways, congratulations and let us know how delivery goes.

Thank you. At $750 USD in materials it’s pretty expensive… no?

I’m also going to DIY ceramic coating on the outside and the inside. Any recccos for that?

how about car seat covers? Or ceramic coating on car seat covers is good enough?
My husband swears by the Meguiars Ceramic Wax spray for routine maintenance on our vehicles. It comes in a blue spray bottle.

Last edited:
I got front bumper PPF from driveptotected.shop
They have all the PPFs. Use code BTG at checkout for 20% off.
Front bumper
Prices seem high. Locally, I can get (and have gotten) premium 3M branded PPF for the front bumper, partial hood and fenders, door edges, door cups and mirrors for $750 - Installed by a professional. This "driveprotected" place wants ~$350 just for an unbranded pre-cut piece of film! Am I missing something?

Just made the tough decision to delay delivery. Decided to hold off till 1/1/2022 for the EV credit, granted I am taking a risk it never passes or the Tesla ends up not being part of the credit. Already been waiting 3 months, waiting another 3 months for $8,000 bucks worth it for me.

OD 7/13 - was scheduled for Sept 25-30.

@turrmoil it was @Yankees who did the interior with the ceramic coating. If they’re still active on TMC, maybe they can give us an update on how it’s holding up. I’m curious as well
The other Model 3 we had had black interior; having had both, we're getting the MY7 w/ white interior because of how well it holds up. I'm applying a ceramic coating to the seats day 1, planning on refreshing it every 6-12 months.

Going with the GYEON, it's the first time I'm applying to seating areas (really, anytime applying ceramic to any interior piece). Also doing wheels in ceramic, and later planning on PPF and ceramic on top of that (had this on both previous Teslas, full-body PPF + ceramic; the Y will only get front PPF).

Reactions: PatrickTM
Got my VIN today.
Financing / No-trade in

Congrats. How do one know if you got VIN assigned? You get an email? Text? Account gets updated?