Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We just closed on a refi yesterday, can't beat the rates right now. Luckily the Tesla credit application didn't re-pull while waiting for underwriter approval - I haven't switched to cash yet. The lender asked us if the original hard pull resulted in a loan, we answered no, and that was that.
I just bought our house, so I'm really scared for how the loan will work out.... 😐

Reactions: PatrickTM
I think Tesla put some kind of limitation on holds compared to indefinitely placing an on hold it maybe for a 3-6 month period if I remember it being discussed before on here. You may want to ask your SA how long you can place your order on hold for. I refi'd my home mortgage in the middle of my MY order wait, luckily the timing all worked out.
I think so too, I think it's three months. But I don't know for sure!

There is no shame in putting your order on hold or otherwise delaying delivery. You’re dropping $55k or more for this car. It’s a massive amount of money (or massive amount of car debt), and one should only go through with it when they are fully financially ready. For me, I had to contact my SA to officially put the order on hold. Call (If they pick up), text, or the easiest way which is to visit a store in person. That being said, don’t cancel and reorder. If you ordered in July, your order probably has the following language included on page four of the Order Agreement:

We work to fulfill your order as quickly as we can. If you do not take delivery of your Vehicle within ninety (90) days of placing your order at no fault of Tesla’s, we may cancel your order and keep your Order Fee, Order Deposit and Transportaion Fee. Alternatively, Tesla may give you the option to reconfigure your Vehicle at the current pricing.

My second Model Y order (June OD) contained the aforementioned clause, and when I asked to put that particular order on hold, I was told no, it can’t be done, but just leave the profile incomplete and it’s a de-facto hold. Same thing. It seems that they do no enforce the 90 day rule, because they themselves are not able to achieve 90 day delivery timeline. Maybe one day when Giga Austin opens up and production backlog is cleared, they will enforce this rule. But for now, you can de-facto hold an order for several months and Tesla doesn’t seem to care.

When I took my first order came off hold, I was told that I would go to the end of the queue, same as a brand spanking new order (but with May 2021 pricing, mwahaha!) But my EDD first said October (clearly not happening), now it’s gone. Will I ever get an EDD or will a VIN randomly drop into my lap? Will I truly take delivery in March, like a new order would from 18Sep? We will see. This is my personal experience, and when it comes to Tesla, it seems everyone has a different experience. Hopefully your SA will not be a Nazi about delaying order. If you truly have waited and held on to your order far too long, they will eventually email you asking you to cancel, or get your order cancelled if you do not proceed with the order.
Thanks, I'm not ashamed at all. Among other things I just need to move to a two car garage before I have two electric cars. Unfortunately it appears the answer is i need to contact an uncontactable SA. I'll just have to sort it out when they contact me I guess!

can't find any EPA numbers but the claimed numbers by BMW are on the wikipedia: BMW iX - Wikipedia

i40 trim: 71 kWh battery with 150kw fast DC charging. 322 hp and 6.1 sec 0-60

i50 trim: 105 kWh battery with 200kw fast DC charging. 523 hp and claimed 4.6 second 0-60 tested by carwow to be 4.1 seconds so BMW may be underpromising their specs and planning to overdeliver.

BMW claims ~300 mile range on a full charge but i can't find any EPA verification.
Interesting. Would love to test drive it when it’s sold stateside! BMW frequently underreports their power and performance numbers. We’ll see if they underreported range and consumption as well. Porsche certainly underreported range numbers for Taycan…by about 100 miles!

Reactions: ajs847 and kjyam99
When I ordered, in May, they told me that I can place a hold for up to one year. That’s obviously changed!
I placed an order in Feburary, was offered to pick up 3 days later. I declined and put it on hold because it had the old console. A few weeks ago I got an email saying they would cancel my order by Sept 28th if they didn't hear from me. So I was able to get 7 months out of the hold.

I released the hold and had an initial EDD of October but that has been gone for for a week or so now. I'm left with the generic message.

Reactions: Wigan and PatrickTM
The whole 3-day window Tesla delivery system really is the biggest double-standard I’ve ever seen. We had good luck getting our car when we were available, but my BIL is using the same delivery center and his SA basically told him “don’t plan on taking any vacations between now and the time your car *could* get here.” So wait forever, and put your life on hold to be available when they beckon or they’ll give your car away 🙄🙄
I did not get a 3 day window. I do not know where the car is or where I am supposed to go to pick it up. That whole reach out to you thing is not happening. At noon today they asked for full payment from my bank and said my EDD is 9/29-9/30. I am paying with a cashiers check and there is no option to tell them that. The SA option is a joke as it takes two days for him to respond to any text or phone call. This sucks!

It happened today! I got an email about an hour before scheduled pickup saying it was ready. I logged in to the app and was able to see controls, climate, location etc although I couldn't action anything. It made me giddy so I made my way toward it immediately!

Pickup was completely contactless. And when I say contactless, I mean I did not speak to a single Tesla employee. This did mean however that I had to pay and accept delivery before being able to unlock the car and check the inside. I was comfortable with this after spending 30 minutes inspecting the exterior and being happy with it.

Although the website still says to bring your license and insurance, it wasn't required. It also says you'll use the Tesla app on the day but what wasn't clear in the instructions was that you need to accept the delivery on the website, then restart the app before it will let you control.

I used the Tesla Prep webapp to guide me through inspection and testing and took well over an hour in total. I had one very minor paint chip and a couple of small panel issues but overall nothing to be concerned about or to reject delivery over. The inside in particular was very clean with no splodges etc.

It was only charged to 55% but the superchargers were full and it was plenty for me anyway so got out on the road and had a blast! 😎

I subscribed to FSD purely for the curiosity for the month and everything was calibrated very quickly. To my surprise I was able to continue using once onto the city roads although it didn't appear to be able to make any turns. Not sure if this was some glitch as didn't think cities were available yet. Will post on the relevant forum about this though.

Overall super happy and already coming up with excuses of why I need to drive tomorrow 😄

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 80
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 66
It happened today! I got an email about an hour before scheduled pickup saying it was ready. I logged in to the app and was able to see controls, climate, location etc although I couldn't action anything. It made me giddy so I made my way toward it immediately!

Pickup was completely contactless. And when I say contactless, I mean I did not speak to a single Tesla employee. This did mean however that I had to pay and accept delivery before being able to unlock the car and check the inside. I was comfortable with this after spending 30 minutes inspecting the exterior and being happy with it.

Although the website still says to bring your license and insurance, it wasn't required. It also says you'll use the Tesla app on the day but what wasn't clear in the instructions was that you need to accept the delivery on the website, then restart the app before it will let you control.

I used the Tesla Prep webapp to guide me through inspection and testing and took well over an hour in total. I had one very minor paint chip and a couple of small panel issues but overall nothing to be concerned about or to reject delivery over. The inside in particular was very clean with no splodges etc.

It was only charged to 55% but the superchargers were full and it was plenty for me anyway so got out on the road and had a blast! 😎

I subscribed to FSD purely for the curiosity for the month and everything was calibrated very quickly. To my surprise I was able to continue using once onto the city roads although it didn't appear to be able to make any turns. Not sure if this was some glitch as didn't think cities were available yet. Will post on the relevant forum about this though.

Overall super happy and already coming up with excuses of why I need to drive tomorrow 😄
Grats!! 🎉
It's pretty!!

OK, I think Tesla is on a fishing expedition. Like I said before I checked my EDD this morning and it was 10/14-11/4. Then two hours ago I get an email saying to make full payment from my bank account to Tesla, and in my account page my EDD went to 9/29-9/30 and there is a Vin assigned.
I am paying by cashiers check in person. So far I have not heard from anyone by any means about where to go to pickup the car or if it is being delivered. I guess if I don't give them my bank info and they can't suck the money out right away to make the EOQ sale I will probably get another Vin and a later EDD. Who knows with these guys.
I mean really, drop everything, go to the bank and get the cashiers check and possibly drive 50 miles to the delivery center by some arbitrary time.
You’re in ventura, are you not picking up in Camarillo?
Congrats BTW!

Congrats 🎉🎊🍾🎂🎈
It’s a beauty

Looks amazing... Congratulations!

That is great to hear! I am working with Scott from Carlsbad location. He's been great so far, hard to reach sometimes but responsive when needed. Hopefully he can get some good news to me soon!
Hey Mike! It was a pleasure working with you throughout the process from the first day you came in to test drive to the day of pickup (and everything in between).

I'll be sure to look into the Slacker login issue you were having after EOQ is over. (Gonna be very busy tomorrow!)

Awesome! Congrats!

By the way, what you used on city streets was simply basic autopilot, which means TACC and Autosteer.