Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Feels like I'm a minority, not planning to do any ceramic/ PPF paint protection to my MY... I've had much more expensive BMW's in the past and while I did experience the usual paint chips, it's all normal in my book especially because this isn't a 6 figure collector car. I don't see a point to do this if realistically I'll be trading it in 3-5 years later.
Surprisingly, after wrecking my brains for a few days, and after ordering ppf, my brother all of a sudden doesn't want to do it anymore, since his "friend isn't". His friend has the basics of the basic M3.

Me on the other hand, I want this car protected. Hence why I am going to do it myself, instead of paying someone to do it. I am pretty good at handy man type of work, so I am feeling confident. But I again, I am known to go south on the first attempt at usually anything I do 😜 (Just kidding)

For me, I would rather get some sort of gorilla glass protection as I am a magnet for windshield destruction. I drove my brother's car to work yesterday, and I can't tell you how I afraid I was of flying rocks......

Dear Diary,
It has been 95 days since my MYLR order.
There has been no change. I’m starting to question my purpose in life. Send help, or a nice bottle of wine.
Long time no see!

You should be nearing a Vin soon, looking at other orders here.
You should order some "Inner peace" too. ;)

We got our VIN shortly after our EDD window started shrinking!! Hopefully the same for you, especially given that it takes ~2 weeks to transport to Texas 🤞🏻😃
Yes, by train till DFW and by truck from here to rest on the mid or eastern side, Austin, San Antonio, Houston etc.

My wife mentioned she was driving Tesla to office in her dream last night, I seriously hoping this EDD sticks this time.

The car is for her, I am the family driver, I will get to drive a lot too. Our first EDD was in August, accordingly I ordered all the accessories and Wall connector, not installed yet though. Last week, EDD looked so promising, charging topic came, I assured her, we can take it to nearby supercharger, 15 mins should cover for 3 days she planned to visit her office this week. She is not bothered much though, working from home, we don’t drive much, occasionally checks with me on the status. Whole thing was started by me, I had ordered it secretly to surprise her ( that did not last even a day). I talk about it all the time, even the little one is involved, 7 years old, he knows pretty much everything I know about it already, we watch YouTube videos together, he tells me how we can pretend to be dogs and stay in the car while Mama goes for nursery shopping every week.

This is crazy, so much excitement, anxiety, it’s just car, isn’t it ?

Yes, by train till DFW and by truck from here to rest on the mid or eastern side, Austin, San Antonio, Houston etc.

My wife mentioned she was driving Tesla to office in her dream last night, I seriously hoping this EDD sticks this time.

The car is for her, I am the family driver, I will get to drive a lot too. Our first EDD was in August, accordingly I ordered all the accessories and Wall connector, not installed yet though. Last week, EDD looked so promising, charging topic came, I assured her, we can take it to nearby supercharger, 15 mins should cover for 3 days she planned to visit her office this week. She is not bothered much though, working from home, we don’t drive much, occasionally checks with me on the status. Whole thing was started by me, I had ordered it secretly to surprise her ( that did not last even a day). I talk about it all the time, even the little one is involved, 7 years old, he knows pretty much everything I know about it already, we watch YouTube videos together, he tells me how we can pretend to be dogs and stay in the car while Mama goes for nursery shopping every week.

This is crazy, so much excitement, anxiety, it’s just car, isn’t it ?
Your little one is a smart cookie eh?? 😁

Feels like I'm a minority, not planning to do any ceramic/ PPF paint protection to my MY... I've had much more expensive BMW's in the past and while I did experience the usual paint chips, it's all normal in my book especially because this isn't a 6 figure collector car. I don't see a point to do this if realistically I'll be trading it in 3-5 years later.
I am with you and @PhillyGal agrees too, I remember her comments on ceramic/PPF.
On the trading part not sure, may keep it longer.

Me neither. I’d rather pour that additional 5-10k into a new car in 5yrs 🤷🏻‍♂️ I do love the matte look of the xpel stealth finish but I can’t justify the cost.

Hey Mike! It was a pleasure working with you throughout the process from the first day you came in to test drive to the day of pickup (and everything in between).

I'll be sure to look into the Slacker login issue you were having after EOQ is over. (Gonna be very busy tomorrow!)
Wow, I didn't know you are in this forum! Awesome to see Tesla people hanging out here as well! Truly you were great to work with!
(Hey, if anyone wants to buy a Tesla in San Diego, go to this guy!)

I live in NJ where there’s several Tesla service centers. However, I ordered online in August and never received a phone call or text from an SA. Last week I phoned Tesla and was told that since I completed everything correctly online on the first day that it wasn’t necessary for an SA to contact me. I asked if I was assigned an SA and was told no and that I was on schedule to receive a vehicle between December 2021 and January 2022.
Similar boat, I ordered mine on 9/2 - MYLR, 7 seater, white interior. Only knew I had a SA after I called Tesla Paramus NJ several times. Originally showed Jan, slipped to Mar and now nothing. Frustrating because the only reply I keep getting is "it will update in the next few days"

Wow, I didn't know you are in this forum! Awesome to see Tesla people hanging out here as well! Truly you were great to work with!
(Hey, if anyone wants to buy a Tesla in San Diego, go to this guy!)
@SixZoSeven so in other words, I should tone it down somewhat with the hate towards SA's, since we got SA's in our midst ;)

Welp... My EDD is 10/01 -10/21. I think the fact that that is tomorrow is causing me more anxiety than when it was 30/60/90 days away. I have no clue what it going on except that it is normal not to know what is going on. There is a chink in the armor, I am now thinking is the wait and anxiety worth it! Everyone says it is... I guess we will wait and see.

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
Me neither. I’d rather pour that additional 5-10k into a new car in 5yrs 🤷🏻‍♂️ I do love the matte look of the xpel stealth finish but I can’t justify the cost.
Oh I am absolutely against spending 5K on the full car.

That's why I figured 1K down for both cars won't hurt, just the front ppf on both, and will give us a "sense of safety" by doing it myself, and maybe get my brother's friends involved. One of them works at Discount Tire so he knows a lot about cars, has a fancy sporty Honda for himself as well. If I order different wheels, I am hoping he can help us out with the install.

Reactions: GuardianMoon
@SixZoSeven so in other words, I should tone it down somewhat with the hate towards SA's, since we got SA's in our midst ;)
SAs should have their own forum where they vent about these fanatical customers who obsess over estimates and insist on calling every hour looking for new data. Doesn't have to be based on anything, it just has to be different to give the illusion of progress. And also being worked to the bone every 3 months on top of dealing with us!

I’m guessing any SAs that choose to be here in their free time are the good ones who appreciate our misery and would change the process if they could.

I'm on the fence. If anything, I may try to DIY that blunt front bumper. I'm not made of money so I have to resist all the expensive goodies.