Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2 updates in as many days. Got the Software update 2021.36.5.5 which enabled a bunch of new features (including immersive sound and car wash mode) and just got prompted for 2021.36.8 which enables Sentry Mode Live Camera access. This has been really quick - was prepared for 2-3 month wait. Pleasantly surprised!!!

Has anyone in the group purchased these floor mats?

SUPER LINER All Weather Floor Mats for Tesla Model Y 5-Seat​

I've been thinking of the ones from Weather Tech, but I like the added coverage on the sides which these provide.
Those look a little strange. When I was going through the pictures, the designs of the mats don’t seem to be the same. Am I just seeing things wrong?

Reactions: PatrickTM
Looks like someone may have snagged it already, but seeing this in vehicle inventory makes me believe they’re finally rolling out the blacks. Think I remember seeing someone here with a black on order too saying they got a VIN within the past couple days

Attachments

• 03E23E7C-FD83-4483-B15B-4CFA31E88D3B.jpeg
    03E23E7C-FD83-4483-B15B-4CFA31E88D3B.jpeg
    125.3 KB · Views: 74
Take this for what it's worth.

I used a checklist when I picked up my 2021 MYLR last November 3rd. Nothing that I had fixed that I noticed from the checklist turned out to be in my favor. The door alignment that took them 3 times to get good enough for my new obsession of panel gaps lead to good appearing fitment but the rear drivers door needed to be slammed shut for the life of the car. The plastic over wheel trim didn't fit well. They replaced the clips with two different sets and the gaps were worse when they were done.

The three worthwhile things I had them correct were grease stains on the headliner (headliner replaced), a missing "Model Y" sill plate on the passenger side, and a ding on the front fender (PDR). I didn't need any checklist to find those.

If you look for faults, you will find them. They will try to correct them and in my experience not always make them perfect, therefore driving you even more crazy.

Take any of these checklists to your current car and realize just how many issues are on your current vehicle that you had no idea.

I'm not a Tesla fanboy, I love all things automotive. I inspected my couple year old Cadillac ATS and brand new Equinox Premier and was amazed how poor those cars looked when trying to find fault. Prior to using the checklist on them I enjoyed the cars and thought they looked good. Once I knew of the issues it's impossible to not obsess over them.

To be clear, I want everyone to have a high quality car that meets every expectation they have, but to enter the delivery process trying to find issue will very likely lead to some longterm disappointments.

this sums up my mantra pretty much. mine delivered yesterday and the trunk is obviously misaligned (not treatable with twisty knobs). like very obviously. but do i want them fiddling around and potentially messing something else up? probably not.

service people are never really as detail oriented as we tend to be as buyers and they will likely brute force things here or there, swirl up paint with rags, knick places close to what theyre untightening etc... seen it for decades.

the only company i ever really expect perfect fit and finish from is typically manufacturing in japan or named porsche.

I've been lurking for a while, so now that I have a VIN I figured I should register and share my info.

I ordered a blue MYLR with hitch on August 4 and gave all the additional information on August 6. At that time, EDD was December. It switched to January at one point, but most of the time the EDD was a span from the end of November through the end of December. Last week, it moved to October 31-November 28, and then yesterday morning I got a VIN. Current EDD is November 8-14!

I'm working on what to do with my current car (10-year-old Mini Cooper with 140,000 miles). Carmax gave higher quotes than Carvana or Vroom, but a local dealer who was lower than any of the three said he'd beat my highest quote by $250. I was going to go with that, but it looks like I may have someone in my neighborhood who wants to buy it for his daughter for $1000 above that. The used car market is crazy these days!

My recommendation would be a thorough clean and clay bar the car before you do ceramic coating .. paint correction will be needed for sure ... i got the car home from the delivery center and i saw quite a few swirl marks. Ceramic coating on top of this will not remove them and may actually look bad. Remember, ceramic coating will also seal all imperfections and dirt. If you are planning to do ceramic coating yourself - I would say at least get 1-2 level paint correction done and then do the coating yourself. Paint correction is not that expensive.

Check out videos from Pan The Organizer - he has some DYI videos. From a product perspective, you can choose between Avalon King, Gyeon or Adam's Polish. Adam's have a 10h blend which i thing is the strongest I have read so far. I saw that recently on Daerik's youtube channel.
Thanks! I figured I'd call an audible on how much paint correction I'd do. I'll keep watching YouTube. It's good ASMR at the very least 😃

I'm working on what to do with my current car (10-year-old Mini Cooper with 140,000 miles). Carmax gave higher quotes than Carvana or Vroom, but a local dealer who was lower than any of the three said he'd beat my highest quote by $250. I was going to go with that, but it looks like I may have someone in my neighborhood who wants to buy it for his daughter for $1000 above that. The used car market is crazy these days!
I'd definitely go private sale. I was offered between $1200-$3300 for my 2009 Subaru Legacy (116k miles, very good condition) by the online car companies and just sold it privately for $7000. I detailed it inside and out, posted on FB, and sold it in a week.

I'd definitely go private sale. I was offered between $1200-$3300 for my 2009 Subaru Legacy (116k miles, very good condition) by the online car companies and just sold it privately for $7000. I detailed it inside and out, posted on FB, and sold it in a week.
Yeah, that's what I'm seeing. I was just hoping for the ease of dealing with a company who would deal with the paperwork and be done with it. If it were a small difference, I'd probably still do that, but for $1000+, I can deal with an individual.

Reactions: boingolover
How much is that? did you get any quotes yet?
From $6k to $8500....and I was much more impressed with the correspondence of the 6K shop, was much more professional. So really helped my decision-making. They will tint and they also stated they would do a 15% discount if I also did my wife's M3SR+, so I am probably going to do a partial front on hers as well.

Looks like someone may have snagged it already, but seeing this in vehicle inventory makes me believe they’re finally rolling out the blacks. Think I remember seeing someone here with a black on order too saying they got a VIN within the past couple days
Let me tell you something, I am trying my best to remain patient, but I have seen 3 of your exact configurations, and 2 of my exact configurations...one of yours was a demo (300 something miles) all of the others had less than 5 miles on them. I found myself talking to my screen saying..."but that's my car...just send it to me!" VERY frustrating.