Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If it wasn't for the fact that the electrician came out TODAY to install our wall charger I'd throw in the towel. Now I'm in for way more than $100 towards Elon's $6B Feed the World Fund.
Based on their unpredictable EDD I would never install a charger until I obtained the VIN. My EDD is before Dec 15, 2021. Not doing anything until I see a VIN.

Interesting. Was it from a sales advisor / specific peron or from a generic no-reply type address? Was it asking you to confirm delivery / set up an appointment? Do you have an SA that's responsive?
I'm pretty sure it was a real person since she replays when I ask her questions. This is what she sends me.

Hello!

It appears your Tesla is scheduled to arrive around 11/8! I wanted to make sure you are prepped and ready for your upcoming delivery Day. I've included a PDF that should answer our most commonly asked questions but please reach out if you have any additional questions.

See you soon.

RUMINT now has November built cars being 2022 model years. Standard luck for me to miss out by a week. I'm not terribly heartbroken though if the car is effectively the same. I just gotta enjoy it as is. And they're delivering two months earlier than the estimate at profile completion. Look on the bright side...
Apparently a slight bump in range:

RUMINT now has November built cars being 2022 model years. Standard luck for me to miss out by a week. I'm not terribly heartbroken though if the car is effectively the same. I just gotta enjoy it as is. And they're delivering two months earlier than the estimate at profile completion. Look on the bright side...
Our October built 2021 Y was showing 330 miles on 100% charge, must be software update.

Our October built 2021 Y was showing 330 miles on 100% charge, must be software update.
This is highly likely. I think a portion of the cars since early Q2 probably has had the increased range, when they started switching over to the new 82 kWh battery. Everything delivered in Q3 almost certainly has the increased range. It's happened many times over the last few years, where Tesla introduces a new feature, waits a few months until the supply chain completely clears of all existing builds, then updates the website. Usually it's an upgrade like this, sometimes it's feature removal like radar and passenger lumbar controls.

Also, during my normal morning coffee break Electrek browsing session, I noticed that Tesla now makes a J1772 Wall Connector. Awesome! This will be useful because in the not-too-distant future households will have multiple EVs, friends will be visiting with their EVs, and most cars on the road will use the J1772 standard. Tesla fanbois don't kill me, but I wish Tesla made the J1772/CCS as the standard for US cars. They already do Type-2/CCS in Europe and Asia, it's not that hard!

Apparently a slight bump in range:
Per the official order page, looks like it’s an increase for the 19” wheels at 330 & a decrease for the 20” wheels at 318. Also choosing the third row option appears to lower it back down to 326 with the 19s & to 314 with the 20s.

These sound like "June gloom". That is, every so often, usually corresponding with new months or quarters, EDDs bounce to crazy estimates. Speculation is that it's due to Tesla building out their production schedule. This happened where estimates showed September, October, January, March, and now seemingly June. You can probably expect that to bounce back to a more reasonable range over the next week.
Today is has an EDD of Nov 15-28. Better! I suppose I wouldn’t even notice all this had I not been obsessing.

This is highly likely. I think a portion of the cars since early Q2 probably has had the increased range, when they started switching over to the new 82 kWh battery. Everything delivered in Q3 almost certainly has the increased range. It's happened many times over the last few years, where Tesla introduces a new feature, waits a few months until the supply chain completely clears of all existing builds, then updates the website. Usually it's an upgrade like this, sometimes it's feature removal like radar and passenger lumbar controls.

Also, during my normal morning coffee break Electrek browsing session, I noticed that Tesla now makes a J1772 Wall Connector. Awesome! This will be useful because in the not-too-distant future households will have multiple EVs, friends will be visiting with their EVs, and most cars on the road will use the J1772 standard. Tesla fanbois don't kill me, but I wish Tesla made the J1772/CCS as the standard for US cars. They already do Type-2/CCS in Europe and Asia, it's not that hard!
Tesla also has its first trial of allowing other EVs to access their chargers in Sweden or Norway. So what you are saying makes sense. (and you might be considered a "Tesla Fanboi" too. :p

Got our VIN this AM, after our EDD window slid within the last month and more recently simply read “October” for the last couple of days.

VIN 7SAYGAEE8NFXXXXXX

MYLR
MSM on B/W
7-seater
Tow hitch
Standard 19” wheels

Location is SoCal
And there it is! The first 2022 VIN of this thread! (IF this is a serious post… 🤔)