Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got our VIN this AM, after our EDD window slid within the last month and more recently simply read “October” for the last couple of days.

VIN 7SAYGAEE8NFXXXXXX

MYLR
MSM on B/W
7-seater
Tow hitch
Standard 19” wheels

Location is SoCal

And there it is! The first 2022 VIN of this thread! (IF this is a serious post… 🤔)
In fact, screenshot your VIN on your profile page so we know it’s real! 😅

Picture1111.jpg

Last edited:
Apparently, Tesla is splitting the VIN prefixes where the S & 3 will have one (5YJ) and the X & Y will have another (7SA). Wonder if this has anything to do with declaring vehicle classifications for the potential EV tax credit… 🤔

Also saw somewhere that any vehicle with a manufacture date on or after 11/1/2021 will have a 2022 VIN.

Apparently, Tesla is splitting the VIN prefixes where the S & 3 will have one (5YJ) and the X & Y will have another (7SA). Wonder if this has anything to do with declaring vehicle classifications for the potential EV tax credit… 🤔

Also saw somewhere that any vehicle with a manufacture date on or after 11/1/2021 will have a 2022 VIN.
This is the first thing I thought. That since the definition of “SUV” is pretty loose this might be a way of building proof that the MY should qualify for the higher SUV cap on the credit. If there is a credit, since one senator keeps throwing cold water on the bill -- more yesterday -- and refuses to say what he actually WILL vote for. Looks increasingly like he won’t vote for anything at all.

I was thinking the same thing. Do other manufacturers do this already I wonder?

Tesla also has its first trial of allowing other EVs to access their chargers in Sweden or Norway. So what you are saying makes sense. (and you might be considered a "Tesla Fanboi" too. :p
Yup, the first trial opened up 10 superchargers in The Netherlands to all EVs! Exciting stuff! Like many predicted, Tesla is charging much higher rates for non-Tesla supercharging, with a monthly subscription available for somewhat discounted rates. I'm sure there will be issues leading to a lot of lessons learned, but the system will undoubtedly improve over time. Some Tesla drivers will hate losing exclusive use status, but full public superchargers and common charging standards will be a huge win for consumers and automotive electrification in the long run.
Oh, I would definitely categorize myself as a mere car enthusiast with a strong interest in EVs :cool: I love Tesla as a company, and what they've done to make EVs attainable and attractive...but they are far from perfect. In fact, I'll just go out and say it: I don't even think they make the best cars! :eek: But "best" is defined very differently based on who you ask. Taycan is the best for some. ID.4 is the best for others. And currently, the Model Y just happens to make the the most sense for my family and our use cases.

Yup, the first trial opened up 10 superchargers in The Netherlands to all EVs! Exciting stuff! Like many predicted, Tesla is charging much higher rates for non-Tesla supercharging, with a monthly subscription available for somewhat discounted rates. I'm sure there will be issues leading to a lot of lessons learned, but the system will undoubtedly improve over time. Some Tesla drivers will hate losing exclusive use status, but full public superchargers and common charging standards will be a huge win for consumers and automotive electrification in the long run.
Oh, I would definitely categorize myself as a mere car enthusiast with a strong interest in EVs :cool: I love Tesla as a company, and what they've done to make EVs attainable and attractive...but they are far from perfect. In fact, I'll just go out and say it: I don't even think they make the best cars! :eek: But "best" is defined very differently based on who you ask. Taycan is the best for some. ID.4 is the best for others. And currently, the Model Y just happens to make the the most sense for my family and our use cases.
Couldn’t had said it better.