Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Care to share the next few digits of your VIN? Just blur/anonymize the last three digits if you really care, I promise I won't steal your car's identity!

Just merely curious if they reset the production number series to 000,000 with the update, or if they kept the numbers because they are still Fremont produced and of the current generation.

Care to share the next few digits of your VIN? Just blur/anonymize the last three digits if you really care, I promise I won't steal your car's identity!

Just merely curios if they reset the production number series to 000,000 with the update, or if they kept the numbers because they are still Fremont produced and of the current generation.
They kept the series, no reset.

standard VIN post from a fellow member - 2022 thread

I was thinking the same thing. Do other manufacturers do this already I wonder?
Great question. My guess is ‘no’, and I feel like it only came about bc of this tax stuff. I’d assume other manufacturers with discrepancies around whether or not their vehicles are either a sedan or SUV are doing the same thing to draw a clear line in the mud.

I could be completely off tho. Who knows.

Just merely curious if they reset the production number series to 000,000 with the update, or if they kept the numbers because they are still Fremont produced and of the current generation.
I’ve always wondered why everyone here conceals their VINs in the first place. Like what’s the big secret? Or am I missing something?

My EDD front end date just pushed out three days, but more importantly the window narrowed from 28 days to 11. New EDD is Nov 16 - Nov 27. Fingers crossed a 2022 VIN will appear any day now. Barring anything unusual (yeah right, unusual seems to be the norm) I should be driving my new MYP from DC to Philly for Thanksgiving with family.

Model Y Performance - black w/white interior - no tow (regrettably) - no FSD
09/18 OD (at time of order it said “November” delivery)
09/20 EDD changed to 10/10-10/30
09/30 EDD changed to 11/01-11/21
10/11 EDD changed to 11/13-12/11
11/02 EDD changed to 11/16-11/27

Now we have some VIN changes, here's a refresher:

1-3 World Manufacturer Identifier
4-8 Vehicle attributes
9 Check digit
10 Model year
11 Plant code
12-17 Production series number

- 7SA is a brand new world manufacturer identifier. Previously anything "7" was New Zealand, so this is pretty cool
- I've seen Model Y with YGDEE or YGAEE, probably to distinguish between LR and Performance models

Ok, Elon is really playing mind games… dates just went from mid-late December back into mid-late November smh lol

Last week: 11/10-11/21
This week: 12/8-12/31
Today: 11/15-11/29

SN: Two pretty consistent EDD update times for me personally have been both 8:30a EST & 3:30p EST (the former in most cases).
One in inventory in your specs

Were you able to find yours??
No. When I asked an SA where it was, they told me that it was arriving in the afternoon. I looked through the windows into the service area and saw a few white MYs being prepped. Mine might have been one of them. I was told it should have been arriving last Friday or Saturday but who knows. The SA could have been yanking my chain about the car not being there so I wouldn't ask to see it before it got prepped. Or it could be that it really took longer to arrive than expected. I did receive the phone call this morning to verify my pickup appointment tomorrow so I'm assuming it has arrived.

Reactions: PatrickTM
One in inventory in your specs
Wow… first time I’m seeing my exact spec in inventory for myself. If I snag an inventory at this point tho I’d be both missing out on a 2022 VIN and paying an extra $4k for it… I’m good! Lol

I'm interested to see if the 2022s have the new interior door panels. I'm torn as to whether I like the new panels with the white interior. The ones that were on the 2021s with the white panels look better in pictures than the simple white strip of the new style. I do like the updated doors with the wood in the black interiors like in my 2021 M3, just not in the white. Hmmm...If they have moved to the updated door panels with the 2022 cars, I might be in luck taking delivery of one of the last 2021s made with the old white interior.

I'm interested to see if the 2022s have the new interior door panels. I'm torn as to whether I like the new panels with the white interior. The ones that were on the 2021s with the white panels look better in pictures than the simple white strip of the new style. I do like the updated doors with the wood in the black interiors like in my 2021 M3, just not in the white. Hmmm...If they have moved to the updated door panels with the 2022 cars, I might be in luck taking delivery of one of the last 2021s made with the old white interior.
Pics on new interior door panels? What do they look like?

No. When I asked an SA where it was, they told me that it was arriving in the afternoon. I looked through the windows into the service area and saw a few white MYs being prepped. Mine might have been one of them. I was told it should have been arriving last Friday or Saturday but who knows. The SA could have been yanking my chain about the car not being there so I wouldn't ask to see it before it got prepped. Or it could be that it really took longer to arrive than expected. I did receive the phone call this morning to verify my pickup appointment tomorrow so I'm assuming it has arrived.
That kinda sucks. Won’t suck for too much longer tho since your DD is tomorrow 🙌

Yup, the first trial opened up 10 superchargers in The Netherlands to all EVs! Exciting stuff! Like many predicted, Tesla is charging much higher rates for non-Tesla supercharging, with a monthly subscription available for somewhat discounted rates. I'm sure there will be issues leading to a lot of lessons learned, but the system will undoubtedly improve over time. Some Tesla drivers will hate losing exclusive use status, but full public superchargers and common charging standards will be a huge win for consumers and automotive electrification in the long run.
Oh, I would definitely categorize myself as a mere car enthusiast with a strong interest in EVs :cool: I love Tesla as a company, and what they've done to make EVs attainable and attractive...but they are far from perfect. In fact, I'll just go out and say it: I don't even think they make the best cars! :eek: But "best" is defined very differently based on who you ask. Taycan is the best for some. ID.4 is the best for others. And currently, the Model Y just happens to make the the most sense for my family and our use cases.
You say Tomato...:D

Hmm I thought way back when I was deciding between 3 and Y and sat in both of them, the 3 always looked like that and wasn't necessarily something "new". In other words, the white trim on 3 and Y have always been different
Until the 2021 refresh, the M3 and MY door panels like looked the same. With the 2021 M3, they deleted the white panels and added the accent strip at the top of the door like you see on the Tesla website. The 2021 MY stayed the same with the white panels.

Attachments

• interior-blanco-model-3-1-5814.jpg
    interior-blanco-model-3-1-5814.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 122
  • tesla-model-3-china-interior-update-scaled.jpg
    tesla-model-3-china-interior-update-scaled.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 55