Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
YES! That's exactly why I'm grumpy. We didn't even attempt to ask anyone for 7 years of records until we were there, at service, in person. But even then my husband could't find a live human to talk to so he was AT SERVICE chatting via app. Disaster. And they gave him wrong info via app chat.
Oh I would be furious at this point!
I guess I am lucky to have had a good experience each time we have visited our SC. The day of my pickup, the lady that greeted us, gave us her full attention, sometimes divided, but I didn't feel ignored at all. It was understandable that they were busy or waiting on other owners to come and receive their vehicles.

I like that you have yours in dark mode. To me it just looks so much better.
TBH, I do keep every device of mine in dark mode, I have no idea how the car is in it already 😂. Unless it is because it was night when I installed the accessories and took the pictures? I will pay attention to it during the day.
At least I don't remember seeing or changing that setting. I mean I would have put it in dark mode, yes.

Reactions: Sunvalleylaw
Talked to the person at the PPF shop about tinting the windows. I will take it back later to get the front windows and possibly the windshield tinted. Might be risking it, but will go same shade as the back of the car, which I was told is 20. I think the legal limit here is 35, but I feel a bit hesitant on having two shades on the car. But then again, I will become a magnet for cops, given it is a red vehicle. with out of limits tinting.
I am a magnet regardless of that, or used to be in my younger days 😆!
My tint guy told me Tesla's shades are 15%. It's pretty dark so I did 15% in the front and 30% in the back. I didn't want the back to look limo black doing 15% on it and also I wanted to be able to see out the rear windshield at night. The view is small enough and don't need it extra dark. There's a law in FL about the front windows have to be lighter than the rear and there's a number attached which I believe is 35 in front but that's too light for me so with the way I have it, the front is still lighter than the rear (even though darker overall) ;)

Another "delay" in my EDD:mad:

What is the "official" policy on missing the actual delivery date if you are out of town....I have heard there is only a 72-hour window of opportunity?

Also, I see no recent CA or AZ deliveries lately...am I missing something?

Are most of the deliveries in the past 2 weeks with an "N" in the VIN....thus, a 2022?

Last edited:
Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
Did you just go to a window place for tinting? And how dark did you go?
Yeah, car window tinting shop. I made sure I found one with Tesla experience though. There's apparently quirks with Tesla rear windshield that makes it a bit harder. My tint guy for my past 4 cars didn't know what a Model Y was. He was like is it sedan or SUV and that was the first red flag. He said he hadn't done a tesla before and wouldn't mind trying but I wasn't going to be his guinea pig.

I went with 15 in the front and 30 in the rear and 70 on the windshield. You don't notice anything on the windshield as it's pretty light but the heat rejection was night and day. I've been in the car in 105 deg day and felt 0 heat coming from the roof. It was very hot to touch but the heat did not come through and my tint guy said the roof absorbs a lot of heat already and adding tint to it will increase the heat it has to absorb and can crack it.

My tint guy told me Tesla's shades are 15%. It's pretty dark so I did 15% in the front and 30% in the back. I didn't want the back to look limo black doing 15% on it and also I wanted to be able to see out the rear windshield at night. The view is small enough and don't need it extra dark. There's a law in FL about the front windows have to be lighter than the rear and there's a number attached which I believe is 35 in front but that's too light for me so with the way I have it, the front is still lighter than the rear (even though darker overall) ;)
Hah nice!

By going lighter in the back, did you have the ones that came pre installed, removed, and replaced?

The rear window is a concern for me too, I am like squinting at the mirror sometimes! That view is just too small, specially coming from the Rav, or even in comparison to the M3.....

Hah nice!

By going lighter in the back, did you have the ones that came pre installed, removed, and replaced?

The rear window is a concern for me too, I am like squinting at the mirror sometimes! That view is just too small, specially coming from the Rav, or even in comparison to the M3.....
The rear windows are factory shaded, not tinted so there's no film to remove. So the tint is new and extra layer of protection since the shades aren't really UV rejecting (I don't believe so).
Yeah, the rear windshield is unbelievably small but you get used to it. For me, the main thing was heat rejection and a little privacy so I can air drum at traffic lights without judgement or weird looks from the other cars :)

Yeah, car window tinting shop. I made sure I found one with Tesla experience though. There's apparently quirks with Tesla rear windshield that makes it a bit harder. My tint guy for my past 4 cars didn't know what a Model Y was. He was like is it sedan or SUV and that was the first red flag. He said he hadn't done a tesla before and wouldn't mind trying but I wasn't going to be his guinea pig.

I went with 15 in the front and 30 in the rear and 70 on the windshield. You don't notice anything on the windshield as it's pretty light but the heat rejection was night and day. I've been in the car in 105 deg day and felt 0 heat coming from the roof. It was very hot to touch but the heat did not come through and my tint guy said the roof absorbs a lot of heat already and adding tint to it will increase the heat it has to absorb and can crack it.
Ok, thank you for all that! We get heat and lots of sun in Idaho, so may be a good thing. I will go stock at first and adjust from there, but I like your plan, and Idaho does not have a lot of restrictions on that sort of thing, so I can pretty much do what I want.

And so to be clear, as I re-read, so you did not do anything on the roof, as it already is absorbing heat quite a bit, and one does not want to crack things by going too far? For me on moon roofs, I like to cut the overhead light sometimes. But, on my test drive, albeit on a cloudier day in late afternoon, I did not notice a lot of the glare I do not like through the moon roofs in my old VW Passat TDI or my wife‘s CX-5. I may just go with the ball cap method there, when/if the sun is high and glarey, as I have one on most of the time anyway.

Hah nice!

The factory "tint" on the rear windows is not something that can be removed. The glass itself is physically darker glass, so any additional tint would further darken the glass. I've always been told that the rear glass is the tinted at 25%, meaning 25% of visible light will come through.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but hypothetically speaking, adding 25% tint on 25% glass would result in effective tint of 6%, correct? That would be like limo tint. If glass is 25% factory darkened, adding even the "clear" ceramic tint (80%) would result in effective tint of 20%.

Ok, thank you for all that! We get heat and lots of sun in Idaho, so may be a good thing. I will go stock at first and adjust from there, but I like your plan, and Idaho does not have a lot of restrictions on that sort of thing, so I can pretty much do what I want.

And so to be clear, as I re-read, so you did not do anything on the roof, as it already is absorbing heat quite a bit, and one does not want to crack things by going too far? For me on moon roofs, I like to cut the overhead light sometimes. But, on my test drive, albeit on a cloudier day in late afternoon, I did not notice a lot of the glare I do not like through the moon roofs in my old VW Passat TDI or my wife‘s CX-5. I may just go with the ball cap method there, when/if the sun is high and glarey, as I have one on most of the time anyway.
We didn't do anything on the roof. No tint and no shade thing. Yeah, go without for a bit and see how you like it. The roof is pretty dark too. I was looking out yesterday and I thought a storm was coming because of these really dark clouds. I looked out the windows and the clouds weren't that dark, it was just the roof.
I've looked at the sun through the roof without sun shades and didn't need to squint. Of course only for a couple seconds (I was actually testing the roof's darkness, lol).

The rear windows are factory shaded, not tinted so there's no film to remove. So the tint is new and extra layer of protection since the shades aren't really UV rejecting (I don't believe so).
Yeah, the rear windshield is unbelievably small but you get used to it. For me, the main thing was heat rejection and a little privacy so I can air drum at traffic lights without judgement or weird looks from the other cars :)
You are correct, except all factory glass are 99% UV rejecting, just not heat (infrared) rejecting.

@PhillyGal
So sorry to hear what you are going through. You may have to go to a SC to get that 7 years of service info you are seeking. They can't pull this BS that you can get it from the app.
Do FIs let you see all of your bank statements in the app, or online? No. They let you see, 12, 18 or 24 months, in comparison to a FI employee who can go back 5 years or longer, depending on the retention policy.
I say talk to a manager and ask them to pull it out of their document repository.
At the bank, they will straight up charge you a fee to give you statements that go back that far. The reason is because it’s a complete PIA to pull that many records, and a ton of paper to print out that many statements.

I’m curious why they need 7 years of service history. Anytime I’ve sold my vehicles or traded in, nobody cared or even asked. And it wouldn’t have made a difference in the amount I sold for.

The roof is pretty heat resistant. I'm in central florida and we get some pretty hot sun. You don't feel it.
We tinted my wife MY yesterday including the windshield and I'll tell you, that made a LOT of difference - the windshield especially. The AC actually felt cooler at the regular temp we set it too which is good as it means we may not need to crank it down a lot and save more battery power.
Did you tint the roof as well? Also, roof cracking during tinting rumors - how risky is it. I’m kinda gravitating towards not going for the roof tinting.

dam that center console hidden thing is fascinating. Thanks! Prob will hold off since I don't see a use case yet. For the cup holder insert - is it a snug tight fit? I've read that some 3rd party aren't as good a fit
I really like this one. It completely covers the cup holders. Have another cup holder in my wife's Model 3 and debris and stuff still gets under the insert.