Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At the bank, they will straight up charge you a fee to give you statements that go back that far. The reason is because it’s a complete PIA to pull that many records, and a ton of paper to print out that many statements.

I’m curious why they need 7 years of service history. Anytime I’ve sold my vehicles or traded in, nobody cared or even asked. And it wouldn’t have made a difference in the amount I sold for.
It is not that difficult really, to pull out statements. Plug in the account number, date ranges, and boom you got them, Now the charge is for paper and per policy so that is understandable. But not difficult to retrieve, for bankers that is, unless they are using some weird core/repository service.

Just got text from 510-330-2539
Tesla Update - We noticed you don't have a trade value for your current vehicle in your account.

If you're selling a vehicle to prepare for your upcoming Model 3 delivery, you can trade your vehicle in with your purchase!

Get your trade-in value by responding to this text with your car's Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and exact mileage, and a Tesla Advisor will follow up with you soon.

Looks legit to me

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
All from Amazon :)

- Sliding tray for the front console - Amazon.com
- "Hidden" compartment for center console armrest - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08972WFZY?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details
- Cup holders - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08SK73LZ1?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details
- Screen Protector. (Make sure to turn the air in the car off!!!) - Amazon.com

@cknutrine
@shmonoff Screen protector can be seen on screen :)

I haven't received my mats yet. Not sure when I will. Ordered for both cars from Tesla shields.

View attachment 732327View attachment 732328View attachment 732329View attachment 732332View attachment 732333View attachment 732334
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

It is not that difficult really, to pull out statements. Plug in the account number, date ranges, and boom you got them, Now the charge is for paper and per policy so that is understandable. But not difficult to retrieve, for bankers that is, unless they are using some weird core/repository service.
Not difficult. But not a sale. It’s a waste of time to have your bankers sit for an hour printing statements for someone who is just going to then leave once you hand them the documents. If a customer was being especially difficult I would refer them to the back office research team that 100% would charge fees for every single statement.

The bankers don’t have to charge a fee. But I wasn’t going to have them spend more than a few minutes researching documents.

Bankers are not there to do anything but sell to their customers and keep them happy enough so they come back to get more bank products/loans.

Was a branch manager for a couple years. Won’t ever go back to retail banking, it’s a terrible existence.

Attachments

• 9770F93D-7AE2-4FB6-900B-54F249E1491F.jpeg
    9770F93D-7AE2-4FB6-900B-54F249E1491F.jpeg
    484.7 KB · Views: 53
Just got text from 510-330-2539
Tesla Update - We noticed you don't have a trade value for your current vehicle in your account.

If you're selling a vehicle to prepare for your upcoming Model 3 delivery, you can trade your vehicle in with your purchase!

Get your trade-in value by responding to this text with your car's Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and exact mileage, and a Tesla Advisor will follow up with you soon.

Looks legit to me
510 seems Tesla. I received texts from the same area code.

Reactions: Rovin
Since my BMW lease is over i was shopping around for X5/Acura...I am spoiled by how convenient it is to order Tesla and not having to deal with Stealership....they were jacking up the prices for supposedly "limited inventory"....starting at around $870 for a MDX they were convincing me that they could bring down the lease to mid 800's...I understand that Tesla delays are annoying but try walking into dealership....i am done with them...the price i see online would be the price i want to pay, fair price for everyone

Not difficult. But not a sale. It’s a waste of time to have your bankers sit for an hour printing statements for someone who is just going to then leave once you hand them the documents. If a customer was being especially difficult I would refer them to the back office research team that 100% would charge fees for every single statement.

The bankers don’t have to charge a fee. But I wasn’t going to have them spend more than a few minutes researching documents.

Bankers are not there to do anything but sell to their customers and keep them happy enough so they come back to get more bank products/loans.

Was a branch manager for a couple years. Won’t ever go back to retail banking, it’s a terrible existence.
I was in retail banking for many years too, banker to assistant BM. Would never ever go back to it! And yes depending on various elements, it can be time consuming. Certainly transfer to back office for a long query.

Since my BMW lease is over i was shopping around for X5/Acura...I am spoiled by how convenient it is to order Tesla and not having to deal with Stealership....they were jacking up the prices for supposedly "limited inventory"....starting at around $870 for a MDX they were convincing me that they could bring down the lease to mid 800's...I understand that Tesla delays are annoying but try walking into dealership....i am done with them...the price i see online would be the price i want to pay, fair price for everyone
Well, Tesla is increasing prices on a weekly basis now. We were lucky, imagine $10k increase in 8 months, before, I was convinced it could have been the ongoing supply chain issues but no, they are just milking it. I love the car, touch less/talk less buying experience and their super charger network, but is it worth almost $20k more than the competition ? I doubt it.

Well, Tesla is increasing prices on a weekly basis now. We were lucky, imagine $10k increase in 8 months, before, I was convinced it could have been the ongoing supply chain issues but no, they are just milking it. I love the car, touch less/talk less buying experience and their super charger network, but is it worth almost $20k more than the competition ? I doubt it.
The market will decide. But the price of everything is increasing higher and higher.

It’s not milking it. There are large price hikes still to come for major materials used in manufacturing. They are pricing based on what their expense to produce will be in Q2 or Q3 2022.

It’s been spoken at length about already. But steel, shipping, silicon chips, rubber all have majorly increased prices in the last 12-24 months.

Wages are going up. Inflation is above 6% in the USA.

Nothing in that recipe is going to send prices downwards, least of all demand - which there is plenty of.

Hey, I see bankers here! I have a question then :)
BofA adjusted my rate to 1.89%, but as I'm reading the loan agreement, there is a wording that if I pay off earlier, there is no penalty, but at the same time - the cost of loan (total sum of interest, they call it "finance charge") will stay the same and won't be reduced.
Is this unique for BofA or everyone else does the same?

Quote:
Prepayment charge: If you pay off early, you will not have to pay a penalty; and will not be entitled to a refund of a part of the finance charge.

You know their "competition" is going up in price too right? All ICE cars manufacturers, companies across the board have all had to raise prices this year. I don't really think it's "milking"... we can't expect prices to stay the same with the inflation, supply chain issues, etc we have currently.

BofA adjusted my rate to 1.89%, but as I'm reading the loan agreement, there is a wording that if I pay off earlier, there is no penalty, but at the same time - the cost of loan (total sum of interest, they call it "finance charge") will stay the same and won't be reduced.

Quote:
Prepayment charge: If you pay off early, you will not have to pay a penalty; and will not be entitled to a refund of a part of the finance charge.
Just means you won’t get a refund of any prepaid finance charges or interest if you paid the loan off early.

You will still be billed the scheduled interest up until the date of payoff.

I will have to disagree that Tesla is milking their customers....the inflation is highest in 30 years and supply chain issues with skyrocket demand is pushing the prices...If anything Ford dealership is "milking" their customers by adding a markup up to 15k...i was considering a mach e but knowing that i would have to still buy through their dealership and stories of dealerships not knowing how to service a mach e kept me away...

Quote:
"Ex" Banker here lol. Also not in lending, but I deal with them quite often, I admin and support the system they use for loan onboarding.

That clause may be a BofA thing.
For loans, there is a payoff amount which differs each day, and I assume pro rates the finance charge by the interest accumulated by that payoff date.

I would inquire on that, specifically if you intend to pay it off early, or even if you are refinancing later. Make sure it is not a hard cost added to your loan.

The market will decide. But the price of everything is increasing higher and higher.

It’s not milking it. There are large price hikes still to come for major materials used in manufacturing. They are pricing based on what their expense to produce will be in Q2 or Q3 2022.

It’s been spoken at length about already. But steel, shipping, silicon chips, rubber all have majorly increased prices in the last 12-24 months.

Wages are going up. Inflation is above 6% in the USA.

Nothing in that recipe is going to send prices downwards, least of all demand - which there is plenty of.

You know their "competition" is going up in price too right? All ICE cars manufacturers, companies across the board have all had to raise prices this year. I don't really think it's "milking"... we can't expect prices to stay the same with the inflation, supply chain issues, etc we have currently.

I will have to disagree that Tesla is milking their customers....the inflation is highest in 30 years and supply chain issues with skyrocket demand is pushing the prices...If anything Ford dealership is "milking" their customers by adding a markup up to 15k...i was considering a mach e but knowing that i would have to still buy through their dealership and stories of dealerships not knowing how to service a mach e kept me away...

I agree with all of you. Supply chain issues are going to last for months and everyone is affected, some of the big players have even closed factories.

What I don't get is the rationale behind increasing just the Model Y LR price today, which is clearly in high demand. Last month there were two and so far this month, prices increased two times, not even 10 days apart. Just to remind everyone, Tesla's gross sales margin of 30% is already higher than those of Mercs and BMWs.

I agree with all of you. Supply chain issues are going to last for months and everyone is affected, some of the big players have even closed factories.

What I don't get is the rationale behind increasing just the Model Y LR price today, which is clearly in high demand. Last month there were two and so far this month, prices increased two times, not even 10 days apart. Just to remind everyone, Tesla's gross sales margin of 30% is already higher than those of Mercs and BMWs.
Their margin has to be, they don’t have anywhere near the volume of larger makers. Can’t make up the difference in volume sales/production you can’t make.

Their margin has to be, they don’t have anywhere near the volume of larger makers. Can’t make up the difference in volume sales/production you can’t make.
Model Ys are being received like Corollas and being sold like Ferraris.
Elon once said, Y will be the highest selling car ( not just EV) ever.