Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe I missed something here. What does this mean?
Screen Shot 2021-11-18 at 9.56.21 AM.jpeg

Well y'all, good things come to those who wait (through EDD madness, through endless refreshes, etc). As of 7:01 PM last night, we are officially Tesla owners! Given our luck, I just KNEW either our trade in (the Audi) was going to blow up, get totaled, or a meteor was going to hit the Tesla store at some point on our two hour drive to the SC. All told, we were at Tesla for about an hour and a half, most of that was processing the trade in, and our SA helping us get the car set up. We had a pretty late appointment (6 PM) and were the only customers in the store.

While I'm on a stream of consciousness, I had plans of checking each and every thing with my mental checklist, but TRUST ME you won't remember a single thing when you first see your car 😅 I gave it a reasonable inspection, and found two issues, both of which can be fixed by mobile service: The passenger window makes a loud pop when it rolls down, and the rear hatch was badly misaligned (one side was flush with the bumper, the other was about half an inch proud of the bumper). Nothing major enough to spoil the sheer joy of pulling away in your very own Tesla.

Also FWIW, I had plans of manually entering my bank account info, but opted to use Plaid since it was getting late, I didn't want to cause any delays, and I was just ready to get behind the wheel. As of this morning, it hasn't come out of my account yet.

Keep the faith, your time will come!

View attachment 734289
View attachment 734290
Told you so!! You won't remember any checklists when you lay eyes on your car! 😁

Congrats!! 🎉

I went to tesla financing on Monday and the offer 2.49% for 72 months with $5k down payment through Wells Fargo. I called my ccu rep yesterday and she offered 1.99% at zero down for 75 months.
Question is how do I change to 3rd party financing and how do I get mvpa ?
Picking up MYLR7 on the 24th at 2 pm from Schaumburg location.
Call Tesla and they can change your financing options for ya. My changes were reflecting immediately on the MVPA.

Aaaaaand I was in Schaumburg yesterday 😁

Reactions: PatrickTM
Ummmm...
Maybe I missed something here. What does this mean? View attachment 734388
I got the same in last hour or so. Scared bejesus out of me, as I have not seen an EDD earlier than mid-March and just am not closed to ready for delivery.
Phoned customer service, they’re looking into it... but she said on her computer my EDD still looking like spring, that there shouldn’t be an issue.

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
Ummmm...

I got the same in last hour or so. Scared bejesus out of me, as I have not seen an EDD earlier than mid-March and just am not closed to ready for delivery.
Phoned customer service, they’re looking into it... but she said on her computer my EDD still looking like spring, that there shouldn’t be an issue.
ha, maybe they are just stringing us along. Prepare for Delivery ..... sometimes in 2022. :D

Maybe I missed something here. What does this mean? View attachment 734388
First time I've seen this myself as well with EDD section completely missing from the page. I ordered in August and have occasionally seen where the page doesn't load and nothing shows up, but it usually returns back to normal after a few hours. This could just be a new version of that if it seems to be affecting everyone?

First time I've seen this myself as well with EDD section completely missing from the page. I ordered in August and have occasionally seen where the page doesn't load and nothing shows up, but it usually returns back to normal after a few hours. This could just be a new version of that if it seems to be affecting everyone?
and just like that it's back to what it was originally lol. no change in EDD or anything else, so I imagine just a system glitch.

Please keep us updated.
If you are successful, which I sure hope you are, than I can try for my brother and myself. He was straight up refused, so I didn't bother asking for mine.
Sure will. Just keep in mind I had a referral code for years. I used that code to make my Model Y order. That order was deferred for a LONG time and converted to ready/finished before the referral program ended. I can't explain why it doesn't show in my Loot Box like my other referrals over the years, but by all I know, I am eligible for it.

I have been quoted $1700 iirc with permits and all. I need a sub panel installed which is adding to the cost. If you have available breakers, you can get a lower quote. We went with Robles. I can pass you the guy's number when he comes back. Ended up that he is the same guy who installed the Nema outlet at one of my cousin's place and did electrical work for another. Not sure if that factored into the cost at all.
And my wall charger got shipped today..... I need to call places today lol.
Thanks, I found a thread about charger installations around Chicago, will take your guys number and after the new year, will see about quotes