Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, i'm coming up on another EDD window and im slowly losing hope haha. Heres my config and details:

MYLR, White/White, 20s, No tow, No FSD.
Order date: 8/21
Current EDD window: December 3rd - December 17th.

The SA I spoke to said that i'm "soft matched" to a car and gave me 11/24 as a date. I'm not sure what it exactly means though.
Is that your SA or just someone you got on the phone?

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
I’ve seen several comments on this site saying that $8K doesn’t mean a lot to high earners, but I don’t think this is true. People who make a lot are often savvy on their taxes and an $8K credit is hard to turn down unless you are uberrich. Maintaining wealth requires financial acumen, and tossing aside $8K is the opposite. I have personally observed wealthy colleagues drive a few extra miles to a cheaper gas station, so believe these behaviors are ingrained whether it is a few dollars or a few thousand.

I suppose I understand the argument that if you really need the car now that the $8K might not be worth it. But even then, one could temporarily rent on Turo or take over someone’s lease for a few months and still wind up ahead. Plus, ordering a car from Tesla requires a certain amount of flexibility since these cars could arrive next month or next year.

I know everyone’s situation is unique so I’m not trying to be judgmental here. I’m just curious what is motivating people.
You may also have a lot more faith in the government than others. Your statement that it’s imminent is where I gleaned that from. I, for one, do not have the same faith. 8k is 8k and nothing to “throw away” but we couldn’t get agreement on giving aid to 911 first responders, I won’t trust it until the first person actually gets the tax benefit.

You will love your car!!!😍😍

Over 7 hours I go downstairs the “visit” the car 5+ times. i thought maybe I’ll get better photos of the dent…..I can’t find it. Use phone flashlight, can’t find it. Go back upstairs for headlight, look again, can’t find it. Now I’m embarrassed that I showed it to them. I’ll take it out to parking lot in sunlight today and look again. So whatever happens, I can probably live with it since I can’t even find it again.

I’m working this weekend, get called to work at 1am. 3rd drive, I get on beltway, floor it a couple of times, give myself whiplash 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 very easy to speed in this car.
I pre-warm the car before I leave work. Get home with perma-grin on face.

The car is a joy to drive. I was nervous about driving it earlier this week, that’s mostly gone.
oh….I’m one pedal driving 90% of the time.😃

Love My Tesla!!!
jeez..post is long, so sorry. I’m done. Sitting in solidarity with all waiting for your MYs.
You are shirking on your duties as a member of this forum. You have failed to pay the picture tax!!!
We will now require one extra picture than you originally were going to provide.
😬

Also the screams of joy comment made me actually LOL

Y’all. 😍

EB1F42D6-CB5D-4007-B021-6944CE6B4ED4.jpeg
B4F60136-A8CF-4947-8B10-349B2BD55EAC.jpeg

Just received this email from Tesla. Looks like what the guy said on the phone is accurate, they will cancel orders even if they are currently on hold, if it passes a certain amount of time. By my count, that amount of time looks to be exactly seven months. Tesla clearly does not want people to delay their orders in perpetuity, which makes 100% sense from a business standpoint, and I do not blame them for it.

I just blame Tesla for everything else :p

Capture_Redacted.jpg

yes, $180 over 6 months. I have never received a ticket in 40 years, nor any claims, do defensive driving course, have a monitoring device in car. My credit rating is also good and I think credit scores also impact insurance premiums. For me the new premium is $40 more than my current insurance for a car costing the same amount.
A lot of it also comes down to where you live. I have many of the same attributes. My insurance was similarly priced when I lived in Vermont - which has low population density. I moved to the greater Milwaukee area in 2020 and our auto rates doubled with the same insurer.

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
Another update:

Called and spoke to a Tesla rep on the phone, explained to the rep my situation, and he removed the 8 December auto-cancel rule on my order. He was very nice about it. He just needed me to document it to his supervisor by replying to the email saying something to the effect of "yes I'm real, I'm still interested, please don't cancel order".

Also, I asked why with a mid-Jan to mid-Feb EDD I received 7SAYGDEE3NF310973 in November 2021, and when I should release my current hold to target a March delivery, and he honestly said no one knows why Tesla pushed me to the front of the queue. Also, there's no real way to time it, unfortunately. All he knows is that a brand new order of my configuration yields an October 2022 delivery estimate, but released-hold orders don't follow the same rules as brand new, and can get shorter wait times.

Hope this helps others in similar situations or just curious. FYI this is the most "on-topic" I've been on this thread in quite some time. Thread police rejoice!

A lot of it also comes down to where you live. I have many of the same attributes. My insurance was similarly priced when I lived in Vermont - which has low population density. I moved to the greater Milwaukee area in 2020 and our auto rates doubled with the same insurer.
You are correct; where you live has a huge impact on premiums. In much of Northern Minneapolis, reports of car jacking and catalytic converter being stolen in the night is a daily affair. But in the leafy suburbs and housing associations with 3 car garage homes and security systems (plus a highly responsive police department) property crime is very low and within the state car insurance premiums can vary dramatically. Milwaukee has seen issues for some time now.