Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally a VIN but EDD is still TBD. Getting insurance lined up but can’t view sales agreement to complete financing. 35 year member of DCU…. Did other that used this CU for financing need to have the sales agreement with VIN to complete the financing.

Now I’m just hoping they deliver before my Trade valuation expires. They are giving me close to 18k for a ‘13 highlander with 125k miles. Can’t get anywhere near that in my market even private sale.

Last edited:
Reactions: boingolover
I've got half a year to wait yet, so, yeah, not much to talk about. 😉
Lol. I feel like the June estimation is Tesla playing it safe ish with the estimate. I feel like it shouldn't take THAT long. Seems like the avg from day of order to delivery is maybe 4ish months? ..Also i feel like deliveries will pick up rapidly after 1/1/22, since lots are delaying.

At least I hope its sooner vs later. We sold our 2018 Model 3 with 44k miles last wk. Whew going back to a ICE sucks! lol :(

I have an order for a MY and I am in Texas. With how Texas purchases are made by having to purchase the car before taking delivery. Which counts as the sale date, the day you purchase or when you take delivery? I am asking as we are approaching January and there are EV tax credit implications since my EDD is Jan 8th - Feb 5th.

I believe I saw this question being discussed before but was not able to find the thread doing a quick search in the FB group I am in.

However, in my opinion, it will be the day you take delivery. I paid 60/40 ie Cash/Loan. I gave Tesla cash on 11/21 and the loan funded on 11/24, so technically one could say I bought the car on 11/24 but I could still cancel and I think there is some paperwork Tesla will leave in the car that I have to mail back to them, which I wouldn't be surprised if the date on the paperwork outstanding is the official date.

I would get clarification on this to be sure as the above is just my opinion.

Hi all - is it me or the group has suddenly gone quiet? Haven’t seen any new posts lately :)
Even this forum is now giving separation anxiety having been on here this long waiting for the car… 😃
Hoping to pick up my baby tomorrow… fingers crossed.
My delivery date is suppose to be today between 4 PM - 6 PM CDT. However, last time I checked with Tesla late yesterday, they had not received temporary license plates from the State/County.

So I doubt I will pick the car up today.

I am supposed to sell my car to Carvana tomorrow, so I have a decision to make because I don't want to be without a car and I wanted to inspect the Tesla first today before giving it up.

Boy is my MY ownership a weird dynamic. Since getting the Model 3 nearly 4 years ago, the S has firmly been my husband's car and the 3 mine. So when we take the S, which is almost always, he drives. When we take the 3 anywhere, I drive. (Exceptions for supercharger visits, where the rules dictate I do most of the driving.)

Now, we have the S and the Y. The toddler keeps insisting we take the Y places. I feel weird doing 100% of the around town driving so I keep hopping into the passenger seat every other time. My husband also informed me that the white carbon fiber center console wrap he ordered has shipped. What now?! I don't want a white carbon fiber center console wrap.

WHOSE CAR IS THIS?!

I have an order for a MY and I am in Texas. With how Texas purchases are made by having to purchase the car before taking delivery. Which counts as the sale date, the day you purchase or when you take delivery? I am asking as we are approaching January and there are EV tax credit implications since my EDD is Jan 8th - Feb 5th.

That is an excellent question. I was digging around a bit to try and understand it more. Near the top of Sec. 136401. REFUNDABLE NEW QUALIFIED PLUG-IN ELECTRIC DRIVE MOTOR VEHICLE CREDIT FOR INDIVIDUALS it has this:

SEC. 36C. NEW QUALIFIED PLUG-IN ELECTRIC DRIVE MOTOR VEHICLES.
(a) ALLOWANCE OF CREDIT.—In the case of an individual, there shall be allowed as a credit against the tax imposed by this subtitle for the taxable year an amount equal to the credit amount determined under subsection (b) with respect to a new qualified plug-in electric drive motor vehicle placed in service by the taxpayer during the taxable year.

Then at the end of that section, it has this:

(e) EFFECTIVE DATES.—
(1) The amendments made by subsections (a),(c), and (d) of this section shall apply to vehicles acquired after December 31, 2021.

I would like to think that you would not take ownership until you pay for the vehicle or take delivery, but I am not sure there are any technical definitions. Given you have to schedule delivery, and still accept it when you arrive, it would logically seem to indicate you don't acquire or place the car into service until that day.

All that said, I would err on the side of thinking it is the day you pay. Who knows how this will be looked at by the IRS. For all we know, they could randomly decide it is the agreement date on the purchase agreement for no good reason.

That is an excellent question. I was digging around a bit to try and understand it more. Near the top of Sec. 136401. REFUNDABLE NEW QUALIFIED PLUG-IN ELECTRIC DRIVE MOTOR VEHICLE CREDIT FOR INDIVIDUALS it has this:

Then at the end of that section, it has this:

I would like to think that you would not take ownership until you pay for the vehicle or take delivery, but I am not sure there are any technical definitions. Given you have to schedule delivery, and still accept it when you arrive, it would logically seem to indicate you don't acquire or place the car into service until that day.

All that said, I would err on the side of thinking it is the day you pay. Who knows how this will be looked at by the IRS. For all we know, they could randomly decide it is the agreement date on the purchase agreement for no good reason.
Thanks for the reply. This is definitely a tricky question. I can dig around some more and see if I can find something or try my SA again.

So we ordered on 11/24. We asked the SA if we can pick our delivery range as we absolutely wanted the car after 2/1. He said yes no problem. Our original delivery date was 2/2/22 - 3/2/22. Now though only a week later it is starting to move closer into January (1/21-2/18) and I am sure this is because of all these people that are supposed to get theirs in December but they are not taking them because of the potential impending tax credit.

Question is if all of a sudden they move us up into January or even in December will we have the opportunity to push the delivery into Feb based on the SA putting in the system we wanted a Feb delivery or was the SA full of sh$t and he really didn't not do that for us?

So we ordered on 11/24. We asked the SA if we can pick our delivery range as we absolutely wanted the car after 2/1. He said yes no problem. Our original delivery date was 2/2/22 - 3/2/22. Now though only a week later it is starting to move closer into January (1/21-2/18) and I am sure this is because of all these people that are supposed to get theirs in December but they are not taking them because of the potential impending tax credit.

Question is if all of a sudden they move us up into January or even in December will we have the opportunity to push the delivery into Feb based on the SA putting in the system we wanted a Feb delivery or was the SA full of sh$t and he really didn't not do that for us?
He has zero control over your EDD. He just assumed you’d be fine. Your EDD will probably go back to normal anyways.

Reactions: goin2drt
Finally a VIN but EDD is still TBD. Getting insurance lined up but can’t view sales agreement to complete financing. 35 year member of DCU…. Did other that used this CU for financing need to have the sales agreement with VIN to complete the financing.

Now I’m just hoping they deliver before my Trade valuation expires. They are giving me close to 18k for a ‘13 highlander with 125k miles. Can’t get anywhere near that in my market even private sale.
With who?
My Camry 2012 with 98K is fetching max $12k from carvana.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Boy is my MY ownership a weird dynamic. Since getting the Model 3 nearly 4 years ago, the S has firmly been my husband's car and the 3 mine. So when we take the S, which is almost always, he drives. When we take the 3 anywhere, I drive. (Exceptions for supercharger visits, where the rules dictate I do most of the driving.)

Now, we have the S and the Y. The toddler keeps insisting we take the Y places. I feel weird doing 100% of the around town driving so I keep hopping into the passenger seat every other time. My husband also informed me that the white carbon fiber center console wrap he ordered has shipped. What now?! I don't want a white carbon fiber center console wrap.

WHOSE CAR IS THIS?!
Marshmallow is 100% yours, tell him that the White carbon fiber center wrap will look great in his S and hope he enjoys it cause its not going into your car. 😁

Happy December all! My EDD is still Feb 11 to Mar 11, and has not changed since Tesla randomly released the hold on my account, so what does this mean?

I am fully convinced that VIN will be assigned anytime between today to April 2022. I legitimately and honestly hope that delivery is not scheduled during 16 to 29 of this month. It's not me playing games with December vs January delivery dates, but I'll be across the country on the west coast for Christmas.

My mother is going through with her Model Y as well. She just completed her profile after leaving it open for several months, to meet Tesla's 2Dec deadline. Her order EDD is TBD for now. I will start reporting her EDDs here as it updates.

Last edited: