Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh wow, I didn't notice you'd gotten a vin and doing a Valentine's day pickup :) Congrats! Also, I don't know what's going on in your neck of the woods but here in Tennessee there is a Tesla facebook group that will loan out adapters for people in need. Usually they'll also offer to sell at cost and just buy another spare when they come back in stock.
What is the name of that group…

Thanks..

MYLR
Solid Blk
20" induction
Blk/Wht interior
5 seat

I dont recall the exact date of profile, having trouble finding it in the app but I did no trade in, cash payment.
No one knows...but I will say, Black exterior does not seem to be one of the more popular ones (which may be why they started charging for it). So it may depend on when they decide to do a batch. It also may become very popular since they decided to charge for it, so you could very well get it earlier. I think your best bet would be to extend your lease. If you look at what your vehicle is worth, plus what the paperwork states you would owe if you purchased it at the end of your lease, you may find that you can make some money off of it.

Origional EDD+30 days has been a decent estimate , unless someone refuses delivery in your area I don't think its going to happen. If you want a Tesla by May I would upgrade to a MYP
Remember it is an estimate. There are some who received their cars quickly, and others who have waited 6 months. Although I am scheduled to be in the home stretch, I would have loved to have EDD + 30 days...would have had mine at least a month sooner. YMMV

Reactions: boingolover
Any advice on the insurance I'm getting ~600 for six months from geico.
Are you adding to an existing bundled policy? I think that's why my rate is so low, since I have a car, home, valuable personal property policy already.

Then there are the usual factors like your address (small town = low risk), driving record (no accidents or tickets for five or more years), age/sex/marriage status, and other risk inputs. FWIW it is no longer legal to use credit score to manipulate premiums. Also, shop around! Use online comparison sites.

Reactions: boingolover
Are you adding to an existing bundled policy? I think that's why my rate is so low, since I have a car, home, valuable personal property policy already.

Then there are the usual factors like your address (small town = low risk), driving record (no accidents or tickets for five or more years), age/sex/marriage status, and other risk inputs. FWIW it is no longer legal to use credit score to manipulate premiums. Also, shop around! Use online comparison sites.
Hmm yeah. I have home and both my cars with them. I think I'll take delivery and then shop to get a lower rate, since I already submitted my insurance details to tesla.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Hi All, quick question, once you get your VIN, how long before you get the option to schedule your delivery and get your MVPA (I'm third party financing)? I'm assuming because I'm in PA that it'll take a few days after VIN assignment. I tried asking my SA but he doesn't respond quickly.

Thanks!

Reactions: USC1996
Hi All, quick question, once you get your VIN, how long before you get the option to schedule your delivery and get your MVPA (I'm third party financing)? I'm assuming because I'm in PA that it'll take a few days after VIN assignment. I tried asking my SA but he doesn't respond quickly.

Thanks!
It can be a week. Typically, they say the text to schedule delivery. will be about 6 days before the actual day of delivery. however, the MVPA, that should be available. I could be wrong, but I saw it the same day and shared with the Credit union

• Informative
Reactions: DrGriz and Nordo
Hmm yeah. I have home and both my cars with them. I think I'll take delivery and then shop to get a lower rate, since I already submitted my insurance details to tesla.
Just so you know, it literally takes less than a minute to change those details. I submitted my insurance details when I ordered. We then got my wife a Model 3, and due to our initial insurance company's insanely high prices for Teslas we switched to USAA. I didn't change the insurance info I put in when I ordered until after I got my VIN. It was just taking a picture of the car. Also, if you set up your insurance to take over the day you take delivery, you can still keep the same insurance details you put in, and still save money.

Thanks!
I received an email (I haven't gotten a single text from Tesla throughout the entire process) 6 days after I received a VIN on a Sunday. I called and spoke with someone the next day and my car was still in Fremont and was scheduled to be put on the train the next day. MVPA was available at least 2 days before the Delivery email.

It can be a week. Typically, they say the text to schedule delivery. will be about 6 days before the actual day of delivery. however, the MVPA, that should be available. I could be wrong, but I saw it the same day and shared with the Credit union

I received an email (I haven't gotten a single text from Tesla throughout the entire process) 6 days after I received a VIN on a Sunday. I called and spoke with someone the next day and my car was still in Fremont and was scheduled to be put on the train the next day. MVPA was available at least 2 days before the Delivery email.
Thanks, I called Tesla and she said the MVPA should be there. She thinks it might have something to do with finalizing my trade-in so she's going to do some research and text me back.

Reactions: pd22

Thanks!
I got my VIN on Monday (Feb 7) morning, and was able to schedule delivery appointment that afternoon, for a Saturday (Feb 12) appointment.

I still do not have final MVPA for third party financing yet, though I have submitted all required info and secured financing.

I got my VIN on Monday (Feb 7) morning, and was able to schedule delivery appointment that afternoon, for a Saturday (Feb 12) appointment.

I still do not have final MVPA for third party financing yet, though I have submitted all required info and secured financing.
And an update! I chatted w/ Tesla two days ago (Monday) about getting my final payment number corrected and MVPA generated, since I qualify for a military sales tax exemption through WA state. They said they will reach out to the local team. I emailed the local Paramus Delivery email address, and texted as well. No response from either request last two days.

The one text I did get yesterday was to confirm delivery appt, and that if I don't respond, they'll reschedule me. I immediately confirmed of course, because, um, don't you dare take away my car! I did think to myself though, this whole delivery appointment and confirmation process would be quite challenging for someone not well-versed in doing everything via text message.

Today I chatted again, and they said it's time to call the phone number for the Paramus store (my delivery center), which I did and requested a call back. Forty minutes later they called back.

The rep I spoke with is part of the Tesla Northeast customer service team, and he himself serves NJ, NY, and CT deliveries. He's come across military sales tax exemptions before, but it does need to be elevated to his "contracting team" for them to take care of. All he can see is that the appropriate docs are all there, and that it is in work. He said to give them one more day, and if by Thursday afternoon there are no updates, to call back. He was patient and friendly, and I know they're busy as hell so I didn't give him any BS about waiting for the last minute for Tesla to do their homework. Because in all fairness, this is pretty last minute.

It seems I'm always trying to hunt someone down at Tesla. This is all very different from a traditional dealership, where the one of their legions of salesmen/women gives you their direct line, cell phone, personal cell phone, and will talk to you when they're off-work, literally in the middle of their daughter's soccer game to sell you a car (true story, Atlanta Toyota, 2015)!

Reactions: RoBoRaT
And an update! I chatted w/ Tesla two days ago (Monday) about getting my final payment number corrected and MVPA generated, since I qualify for a military sales tax exemption through WA state. They said they will reach out to the local team. I emailed the local Paramus Delivery email address, and texted as well. No response from either request last two days.

The one text I did get yesterday was to confirm delivery appt, and that if I don't respond, they'll reschedule me. I immediately confirmed of course, because, um, don't you dare take away my car! I did think to myself though, this whole delivery appointment and confirmation process would be quite challenging for someone not well-versed in doing everything via text message.

Today I chatted again, and they said it's time to call the phone number for the Paramus store (my delivery center), which I did and requested a call back. Forty minutes later they called back.

The rep I spoke with is part of the Tesla Northeast customer service team, and he himself serves NJ, NY, and CT deliveries. He's come across military sales tax exemptions before, but it does need to be elevated to his "contracting team" for them to take care of. All he can see is that the appropriate docs are all there, and that it is in work. He said to give them one more day, and if by Thursday afternoon there are no updates, to call back. He was patient and friendly, and I know they're busy as hell so I didn't give him any BS about waiting for the last minute for Tesla to do their homework. Because in all fairness, this is pretty last minute.

It seems I'm always trying to hunt someone down at Tesla. This is all very different from a traditional dealership, where the one of their legions of salesmen/women gives you their direct line, cell phone, personal cell phone, and will talk to you when they're off-work, literally in the middle of their daughter's soccer game to sell you a car (true story, Atlanta Toyota, 2015)!

I'm also military... and while I haven't had luck talking to anyone that knows/understands/believes I will registering my vehicle in FL without a need to collect sales tax, when I live in UT, I did run across another member who was able to successfully work everything out with the Vegas delivery center. It took two weeks from the time the vehicle was on the lot to get the paperwork/situation resolved, I guess. If your situation is like mine, while it sucks to anticipate any longer, it's worth it given our unique situation. Hopefully Tesla as a whole is better equipped to handle customers like us... or at least I hope they are by you, so you don't have to wait too long. I don't have a VIN yet, and the Vegas dealership hasn't acknowledged/responded to me yet, to try and lead turn that 2 weeks it took with the other member. GOOD LUCK! and let me know how it goes.

I'm also military... and while I haven't had luck talking to anyone that knows/understands/believes I will registering my vehicle in FL without a need to collect sales tax, when I live in UT, I did run across another member who was able to successfully work everything out with the Vegas delivery center. It took two weeks from the time the vehicle was on the lot to get the paperwork/situation resolved, I guess. If your situation is like mine, while it sucks to anticipate any longer, it's worth it given our unique situation. Hopefully Tesla as a whole is better equipped to handle customers like us... or at least I hope they are by you, so you don't have to wait too long. I don't have a VIN yet, and the Vegas dealership hasn't acknowledged/responded to me yet, to try and lead turn that 2 weeks it took with the other member. GOOD LUCK! and let me know how it goes.
Good to know! At least, good expectation management...I really hope they get my paperwork in order by Saturday, especially since my plane ticket from BOS to EWR is reserved. Oh well, thanks to Covid I can change my ticket for free at least.

Update: got a phone call from Tesla at 11:30am today, and he just wanted to confirm my military status, WA registration details, and said he's working on my final paperwork. Said he'll review it with someone on the Tesla DMV registrations team, and will call back with any questions. Still hasn't called back yet, and it's now nearing the end of the day, though I'm sure they work late so I'll keep my phone close by and answer all phone calls, numbers known or unknown.

Going to give them a call anyway, and request a callback! Less than two days away, hopefully this doesn't delay.

SAfter your VIN gets assigned, how long does it take for them to offer pick up dates? I have lots of stuff happening in the
I got VINed today! VIN F372xxx

Looks like the east coast orders are finally coming through.
I ordered one day after you, on 9/1/5/21. It;s been 146 days since order date, 9/15/21.

EDD 2/17 to 2/23.
So it only took two days after getting VIN to get the text to schedule the pick up. Had options of 2/21-2/23. I chose the 21st. All morning appts were booked so got 2:00pm.

Reactions: PatrickTM and SWIPE
I'm with you on the accessories bit - the wife just shakes her head when something new arrives lol. I've even got a set of 20" Martian's piled in the garage!
Since my car is now at the SC and I’m scheduled for Saturday, I pulled all of my accessories out to get the ones I need for the first day. I think I went a little nuts….
D74937D0-E436-4306-9C45-B16B262C5533.jpeg