Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current lease deals in UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Getting closer to being in a position to acquire a Tesla, although yet to decide on Model S or X, 75 or 100 (not even fully ruled out I-pace yet), so first question is, other than through Tesla themselves, are there any good 3rd-party (business) lease deals for Tesla available in UK?
The better the deal I can find, then the easier to choose within the budget.

Thanks for any advice.

Not sure about current offers from Tesla, but when I ordered my S75D in January, they could not be beaten.
Low interest rate and it was cheaper getting the 10k miles PCP and paying the excess mileage than getting the 20k PCP deal.

Also order before the 16th September to get the Free supercharging for your car ownership. After the 16th you only get 12 months free with referral code)

Just to Echo what Terry said above... Tesla are v hard to beat especially on inventory stock. I looked at lots of different options and ended up using their PCP. Don't underestimate the value of free Supercharging either if you're doing a lot of mileage, it makes a big difference for me.

As others have said the inventory deals will be another great option. I’ve seen some pretty large discounts been given away. If your situation allows try an place an order before 16th September to get the free supercharging for life, I find it a major bonus. Let me know if you need a referral code.

any good 3rd-party (business) lease deals for Tesla available in UK?

Just in case relevant: as a company car you can apply 100% first-year-write-off to an EV. You have to pay tax on the "profit" when you sell, but that chunk-of-change worked for me when i bought mine. BiK on the Car is barmy (just this year I think) and then its falling back to minimal levels again [for EV compared to ICE].

You can charge-at-work without any Benefit-in-Kind tax, although cost of Electricity is so much cheaper than Petrol that its not all that significant. I do 27,000 miles a year, on E7 electricity that's about £700 p.a., Of that I supercharge for 12% (for free) and about half the rest is charged at work - so I save about 300-quid-a-year for charging at work - its not exactly going to make the difference between me buying THIS or THAT :)

If Supercharging would make a difference for you beware that the current incentive using a Referral code runs out on 16th September ... previously the Referral Program has always been replaced with "something else / similar", but this time ... who knows ... Use of a referral code is a gift from you to the person who's code you use of £500 or more (i.e. its baked into the price)

not even fully ruled out I-pace yet

If you don't plan to drive out-of-range the i-Pace looks like a great car, particularly if the styling and coach-building is important to you, or if the spartan cabin and no-buttons style of Tesla is not-your-thing. But for my money, if you do need to drive out-of-range, then there is no comparison between 3rd-party-charging and Tesla.

Tesla=Plug-in, walk-away, check-APP, when done return to car and unplug-and-drive-away.

3rd party = Find a charger that is working, make sure you have pre-installed the APP for the company you are charging from; they are somewhat geographic, so given you will be 200 miles from home before you need to charge chances are you will use multiple different providers around the country. I have failed-to-charge at almost as many 3rd party chargers that I have succeeded at, and the minimum connect time was of the order of 5 minutes (whereas my average charge-time on Tesla is usually around 10 minutes in total). Best 3rd Party charger, using a CHAdeMO adaptor (not cheap), is about 50% speed of Tesla, and down from that is Type-2 which needs a multi-hour shopping expedition to get 150 mile top-up - whereas Tesla can do that in 35 minutes.

I sincerely hope that Rapid CCS is successfully rolled out across EU, and in UK, promptly but who knows. Not a single 150 kW CCS in UK as yet (that I know of), and it is a victim of the whole chicken-and-egg thing. London-to-Scotland needs a 20 minute Supercharge for a Tesla, but anything else is 1.5 hours charging time, currently. That said, it didn't stop early adopters buying Teslas in the early days, when Superchargers only existed here-and-there.

Model S or X, 75 or 100

If you are ambivalent (ish!) on S vs. X and 75 vs. 100 my recommendation would be to do some range calculations for journeys where you would go more than 200 miles. if you don't do more than 200 miles in a day (or very rarely) then the 100 will be an expensive choice; personally I'm not sure that the Performance models is worthwhile - on my own its great fun, as was demoing to my mates (but I did that within a few weeks of ownership). 90% of my driving is dual carriageway on AutoPilot ... and if I have a passenger its very unnerving for them if I hop out onto a roundabout because-I-can and if the-gap-is-a-bit-tight, ... so i don't.

I'm out of range at least 2 days a month, and it would be more with a 75; the 100 will give you more charging choices, more range before you charge Natch!, but also shorter charging time (both because less will be required to reach destination, but also because the 100 charges 1/3rd-ish faster than the 75 [up to 70~80%])

If Range is an issue, and you don't need the falcon-wing doors to get kiddies into car seats without putting your back out and in the dry, when its raining, then the S is more frugal than the X

Reactions: unbelievable
P.S. Another option to consider is buying the car yourself and charging the company for Business Mileage. E7 is about 8p per unit, and that will get you about 3 miles in a Model-S ... so about 3p a mile for fuel. On Finance you will probably be required to service at manufacturers interval :( but if not, or you pay cash, once a year [regardless-ish of mileage] will be fine, and unless Tesla T&C have changed the Warranty is not effected

P.P.S. Sorry, meant to say earlier, I would pay for AutoPilot rather than Performance (if you can;t have both). Makes a huge reduction to driver fatigue for anyone doing either a lot of miles or spending a lot of time in stop-go traffic.

Right, I'll shut up now :)

If you need 7 seats then the X is the car to have, the falcon wing doors offer great access for kids and the elderly. If you want higher efficiency, sportier drive and sleek looks the S is the model for you. Both interior cabins are very similar, the X has some more gadgets.

Thanks for all the comments.
Definitely won’t be ordering by Sept 16th, have fellow directors to convince away from the current company car scheme yet, so I’m targeting before end of year. As a company we have some involvement with EV technology, but we are quite entrenched with the manufacturer who provides the company cars, so I’ve got to be quite persuasive. I’ll only get one shot at it so I need to do my research before I make the pitch to the board.
I intend charging at home 95% of the time and I want to keep the battery in the sweet spot of 20-80% charge most days. My daily round trip commute is about 125 miles so would intend to recharge (to 85%) each night during off-peak rate between midnight and 5:30am.
I love the style of Model S (over both MX and I-pace) but I always prefer SUV’s primarily for the ease of getting in and out.
I dislike the falcon wing doors, but could probably live with them as very rarely have rear seat passengers.
Having said that, on the plus side, I have a small trailer I (very occasionally) use so the fact that only MX can have a tow bar, that probably cancels out the dislike of the doors.

I’ll only get one shot at it so I need to do my research before I make the pitch to the board.

:) Good luck with that :)

I want to keep the battery in the sweet spot of 20-80% charge most days

Personally I wouldn't worry about charging to 90% daily. There are varying schools-of-thought of course, but from everything I have read (in particular Taxi companies who have abused the batteries, charged to 100% overnight and let the cars sit for several hours, and also rapid-charged often - but even then the battery degradation hasn't seemed to be any more significant) adopting a "perfect charing strategy" seems to make very little tangible difference ,

Encountering torrential rain can make a huge dent in range, and "stuff comes up" whether its an unexpected detour for road works, or just a phone call saying "Can you picked up X" or wanting to do a favour and drop someone off at the station etc., so I favour having some come-in-handy whenever possible.

My car has a range of 220 real-world Motorway-speed miles on a warm, summer's day. If my journey is more than 160 miles I charge to 100% ... I had one day where I was late and went like the clappers and arrived spot on 50%, but didn't think anything of it as I was in no hurry for the return, but return was torrential rain, and as predicted arrival SoC got worse ... and worse ... I progressively dropped speed to 55 and crawled the last 5 miles at 25 MPH and got home on only 1~2%. I've not tried that again! That was a 160 mile round-trip and temperature around 20C

In February range will be 20% lower than a nice summer's day.

My "Good Habits" are limited to:

If I reach destination below 20% I charge immediately, so it doesn't "sit" like that, and I also avoid harsh acceleration when SoC is below 20%; when I charge above 90% I set off "immediately" - but even then I don't fret about it if it turns out to be two or three hours. Its far more stressful to delay 100% charging to the last possible moment, and have a problem, rather than just let it charge 100% overnight (on days when needed) and it maybe sit for a couple of hours like that until you wake up :) (Also not possible to predict exactly how long a 100% charge will take, as that also balances the cells, so typically continues charging (but at very low power) for 30 - 45 minutes after it reaches 100%)

prefer SUV’s primarily for the ease of getting in and out

My elderly inlaws struggle to get out of the Model-S. However, I have springs, maybe raising Air suspension would do instead?

Thanks for the real-world info, that is very useful insight indeed to have.
If I had access to the high rate charger we use for our ev battery packs then it would be no problem at all but they are not normally kept at the same site as I work.
However I’ve got a couple of options if I have to “settle” for a 75D. There is a supercharger site only a few miles detour on my way home if the weather looks like affecting me getting home safely, and I could always install a charge site at work if necessary.

I could always install a charge site at work if necessary

We are doing some building work at the office, so in our case opportunity, but "apart from the boss's Tesla" :) there have been some enquiries from staff about charge-at-work as a couple are thinking of EVs as their next car, so we are taking the opportunity to electrify the car park whilst we have the building disruption going on ...

Might be that other companies will get similar requests from staff over the next year or two and will want to do something about it. In our case, subject to the board agreeing, I don't see why we wouldn't offer it as a perk. Most staff are only doing 10 or 20 miles a day, so maybe £200 per person per year, and fits my personal, and the company's, goals for increasing Eco credentials.

Reactions: Terry_B58
I have to say the MX is a huge car to be driving around if you rarely have rear seat passengers. But it's still a very nice drive and extremely versatile. We use ours for all the family duties and use the towbar (which is standard fitment) for carrying our mountain bikes. Certainly no regrets here, but I can't help thinking it could be massive overkill for your needs and I can see why you would seriously consider the considerably smaller iPace. It honestly seems like a better fit for you and should give you a little more range than an X75D at least. The S75D would probably be better too, but lower slung entry/exit and no towbar (although I've seen them fitted aftermarket - not sure if legal in UK?)

Pre-production I-Pace range tests have not been good, so unless Jaguar improve it for production models come the 90kWh i-Pace will have less range than the MX75 ...

It remains to be seen, but most reports now appear to be suggesting 220-250 mile realistic range for the iPace. That should put it above M X75D range, which is 200 miles on a very good day and quite often well under that IME.