Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current lease deals in UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know some people have fitted tow bar to MS but it is not type approved for tow bar in the UK so almost certainly not legal.

I agree, just not sure how type approval applies to very small trailers and things like bike carriers etc. For sure you can't haul a full sized caravan legally with an S. The ones I've seen have all been used for bike carriers, which I expect is okay legally.

I agree, just not sure how type approval applies to very small trailers and things like bike carriers etc. For sure you can't haul a full sized caravan legally with an S. The ones I've seen have all been used for bike carriers, which I expect is okay legally.

My understanding is that the key word is ‘tow’. A bike carrier is fine, the second you actually start to ‘tow’ rather than ‘carry’ is when you have a problem.

Not sure why everyone compares the ipace with model X ? The ipace is a much smaller car and actually more comparable with model 3 size wise.

Also I wouldn't recommend towing in the model S you would want to void any warranty.

Go and read post #11 and you'll see that the OP doesn't really need a Model X sized car and is also considering the iPace. I own an MX and have sat in the iPace and it is considerably smaller, which has its pros and cons depending on your intended usage.

I wander if anyone can help : All PCP options have dissapered for individual buyers on the Tesla web site in the past few days. No competitive PCP = no Tesla for me. Does anyone know if Barclays or Lloyd’s are going to bring this back, or if Tesla UK are launching a new finance offering soon? Thanks.

No consolation, but I've seen Tesla website exhibit all sorts of, similar, weird behaviour over the years, due to bugs and right-hand-left-hand COMMs failures etc.

Might be worth a call to ask what PCP and APR should be, and if that is different to website then ask how to get that sorted (e.g. manual order/quote instead of online maybe?)