Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current P3D-/stealth pricing and availability for Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone ordered/received a P3D-/stealth in Canada recently?

I am still flip-flopping between the - and + versions for this spring and was curious to see the current pricing after the fall price bump.

I see that you can still order them in the US, I assume that we can in Canada.

Has anyone ordered/received a P3D-/stealth in Canada recently?

I am still flip-flopping between the - and + versions for this spring and was curious to see the current pricing after the fall price bump.

I see that you can still order them in the US, I assume that we can in Canada.
A friend of mine ordered the regular P3D for delivery in Jan, however the sales rep is trying to bully him into taking delivery before Jan (I'm sure its to try to meet Elon's goal of delivering at least 100K cars for the coming quarter end). His SA basically said, you have to buy it before the end of the year or risk waiting till March. What a load of BS is what I said to my friend.

Please let us know if you find out different. I've harassed my SA for weeks with no luck. It makes absolutely zero sense to me that we can't order one like the Americans can. I know they sold some in Canada this past summer, so why not now?

I bought a Stealth Performance in Alberta, this august. At the time I only had the choice of 2. One in Vancouver, one in Calgary. They shipped the Vancouver car to Alberta for me that had the spec I wanted. So, they do exist in Canada, but choice and availability is limited.

I bought a Stealth Performance in Alberta, this august. At the time I only had the choice of 2. One in Vancouver, one in Calgary. They shipped the Vancouver car to Alberta for me that had the spec I wanted. So, they do exist in Canada, but choice and availability is limited.

You got a Unicorn. Lucky you!!

Yes the cars do exist in very limited quantities, however, you can’t order one and there are none in inventory at the moment. My Tesla SA has no idea when or if they will become available again.

Please let us know if you find out different. I've harassed my SA for weeks with no luck. It makes absolutely zero sense to me that we can't order one like the Americans can. I know they sold some in Canada this past summer, so why not now?
maybe it's because we're 1/10th the size of the US market and it's a pain in the ass to have another whole model option available?

I'm reasonably sure that they could easily offer it as it's just software, right? I mean I think you can turn a dual motor regular one into a performance with a flick of a software switch and a new badge underline.

maybe it's because we're 1/10th the size of the US market and it's a pain in the ass to have another whole model option available?

I'm reasonably sure that they could easily offer it as it's just software, right? I mean I think you can turn a dual motor regular one into a performance with a flick of a software switch and a new badge underline.

That was my understanding too; The motors in the dual motor and performance models are identical and it’s just software that ‘unlocks’ the power.

With the crappy exchange rate you would think a P3D Stealth would be a no brainer option to sell more M3 AWDs with higher profit margins north of the border.

The main problem is that it would cannibalize sales of the P3D+ which are even higher profit margin. Same reason they don't advertise the Standard Range model on the site.

The reason I'm considering both is to take a P3D- and upgrade the suspension/brakes/wheels myself. I don't really want the Tesla 20" wheels, and would rather have adjustable suspension. The brakes I could go either way on - a bit disappointing to see no aftermarket rear brake upgrades to balance out the front, but the Tesla ones would likely be fine.

Will keep an eye on the thread - please post up if you manage to grab one on a new order!

The main problem is that it would cannibalize sales of the P3D+ which are even higher profit margin. Same reason they don't advertise the Standard Range model on the site.

The reason I'm considering both is to take a P3D- and upgrade the suspension/brakes/wheels myself. I don't really want the Tesla 20" wheels, and would rather have adjustable suspension. The brakes I could go either way on - a bit disappointing to see no aftermarket rear brake upgrades to balance out the front, but the Tesla ones would likely be fine.

Will keep an eye on the thread - please post up if you manage to grab one on a new order!
Not sure how significant the sales cannibalization would be given relative P3D+ sales volumes - How many P3D+ are sold versus the AWD?
I would think most dual motor buyers would opt-in for a margin rich stealth upgrade

Reactions: corlaandstan
Not sure how significant the sales cannibalization would be given relative P3D+ sales volumes - How many P3D+ are sold versus the AWD?
I would think most dual motor buyers would opt-in for a margin rich stealth upgrade

I'd wager fairly significant.
Most people who buy the P3D won't track them. The real draw is the speed.
Those who do track them are more likely to go aftermarket for their performance parts.

The only draw of the P3D+ for me is that I would have to do a lot less work to make it track worthy and I would keep more of my warranty in tact. It would also be better for resale as an "unmolested" car, but I wouldn't intend to resell any time soon.

Reactions: Nepassnakes
That was my understanding too; The motors in the dual motor and performance models are identical and it’s just software that ‘unlocks’ the power.
someone here posted about buying a performance and they delivered him a short range basic one.

They then told him to come back in 2 hrs and low and behold it was a performance, replete with the appropriate badges etc.

• Love
Reactions: corlaandstan

I read over Wikipedia that SR, SR+, Mid Range, Long Range, and AWD Performance use 211 KW motor on the rear. Where AWD uses 188KW motor on the rear.