Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cussed out and Called a "Yuppie" in our Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pulled out a little too far from our neighborhood stop sign and a young man on a crotch rocket was approaching much too fast so I did not see him until I was halfway into the lane (where I stopped to let him pass). He had plenty of time to stop, but proceeded to give us the finger for at least 5 seconds as he passed, then turned around to come chase us down. I pulled over before he even caught us to de escalate the situation, but he pulled up swearing and yelling that we were mother f#$&in yuppies in our $100,000 car, that his grandfather owner the farm we cut down to build our new house. Just wanted to hear anyone else's stories of hate for having a Tesla, this was the first major event that has happened to us.

Too bad there isn't an Easter egg that turns the falcon wing doors into two middle fingers for situations like this.

Sounds like he's has more anger at his family situation and just taking it out on you. You obviously didn't steal his grand fathers land.
Lol I wanted to say buddy this was all Cherokee Indian Land longggg before your grandfather got here.

Back in 2013 while supercharging, entertained a crowd of people who had never seen a Model S before, much less one charging. Except one guy who screamed and cursed about the government subsidies. IIRC Tesla had repaid the loan (early) at this point...

Just wanted to hear anyone else's stories of hate for having a Tesla
That's not Tesla related, not in the slightest. He was mad because you pulled out in front of him and it's too bad you cant understand it or dont want to - I've lost couple of friends to "I did not see him" in my days. You should be more attentive and get off your Tesla high horse.

That's not Tesla related, not in the slightest. He was mad because you pulled out in front of him and it's too bad you cant understand it or dont want to - I've lost couple of friends to "I did not see him" in my days. You should be more attentive and get off your Tesla high horse.
So that makes it ok for the guy to chase him and his family down and initiate a conflict? Also note the bike was going "much too fast" so no wonder they didn't see him.

Reactions: Ryshaw
So that makes it ok for the guy to chase him and his family down and initiate a conflict? Also note the bike was going "much too fast" so no wonder they didn't see him.
Of course he was.... couldn't be any other way

Remove the biker. Cant you see that the incident was NOT because OP was driving bampadaaaaam - Tesla - it was because of his poor driving.

I wonder if the reaction of the biker to the OP would have been different if the latter had been driving an Escalade instead of a Tesla? Maybe the "flip off" part would have been the same, but perhaps not the "chasing down" part?

Last edited:
Where did you get anger from? When you read my post, did you envision me ..... angry? Why? Actually, dont answer that. Never mind (saying it calmly, not upset or angry, completely chill)

The OP said:
he pulled up swearing and yelling that we were mother f#$&in yuppies in our $100,000 car

You said:
get off your Tesla high horse

Your post was not a calm response to the OP's post.

Of course he was.... couldn't be any other way

Remove the biker. Cant you see that the incident was NOT because OP was driving bampadaaaaam - Tesla - it was because of his poor driving.
Yeah I'm not saying it has anything to do with the vehicle type although the biker brought the car up after he chased the guy and his family down. Whether the OP (for pulling out too far) and/or the biker (for speeding and not being visible at first glance) was the poor driver, the biker escalated the situation. One day he'll pick a fight with the wrong guy.