Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Custom 21" Arachnid wheels -- your choice of color

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
got mine, the rears are 9.7 pounds lighter than the 21 turbine and fronts are 6.5 pounds lighter... lighter than the OEM 19's as well... I also have a black set coming in a few weeks...

Attachments

• IMG_1645.JPG
    IMG_1645.JPG
    218.6 KB · Views: 135
Reactions: Fiver and DÆrik
I was notified yesterday by Tesla that my 21" Arachnid's in grey just came in, however; I'm headed out for a few weeks of vacation so I'm getting them installed at the end of the month. I also don't drive my Tesla in the winter so hopefully we will be clear of snow then. I am either going to sell those or the 21" grey turbines I have now. Maybe the car as well; we will see.

Thanks for the updates.

I still think the cast made Turbines look better, tho for Your needs they are too heavy.
The Model S gets designwise "tamer" every day.
The removal of the bottom black separation over the whole side compared to the pre-facelift was questionable. Cars look too bulky now.
A car with this raw power needs a little twist and agressiveness (they still remain elegant enough).

Just like your GT ;)

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2017-03-13 um 12.32.32.jpg
    Bildschirmfoto 2017-03-13 um 12.32.32.jpg
    593.7 KB · Views: 111
  • Informative
Reactions: Cowby
What TESLA should do:
finally build congruent Turbines (mirrored for left & right side). Symmetric.
Our tests showed horrendous drag from ONE direction under the car, since the current line of turbines acts like blades.
But that´s off- topic, sorry. Maybe we should open a separate thread to this phenomenon, where costcutting bites itself.

I like the new design, the turbines are aged, no updates in 5-6 years....

You´re right. That´s what is called an "instant classic" ;)

Seriously, I think they are almost too pure compared to Your forged ones.
I like what those guys bring to the table. Asymmetric, unseen but feels fresh:

Attachments

• 17076578_253457105102376_1924099942213746688_n.jpg
    17076578_253457105102376_1924099942213746688_n.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 122
got mine, the rears are 9.7 pounds lighter than the 21 turbine and fronts are 6.5 pounds lighter... lighter than the OEM 19's as well... I also have a black set coming in a few weeks...

Your weight reduction is very close to the published 34 lbs total saved for the entire set of 4 :cool:

First tests with Tesla’s new lightweight Arachnid wheels on a Model S P100D

After being among the first Tesla owners to receive the new forged aluminum Arachnid wheels,
DragTimes performed a few tests and weighed them in comparison to the original 21″ Turbine wheels.

The result is about 34 lbs weight reduction and no tire spin, but also no noticeable performance spec improvements. expand full story After weighing the wheels, Brooks from DragTimes figured that the forged instead of cast wheels save 10 lbs per wheel in the back and 7 lbs in the front.

Arachnid Front 51.8 lbs..JPG

Arachnid Rear 53.9 lbs..JPG

Has anyone confirmed that these can work on an X? I have 21" aftermarket wheels on now, but I'd like to consider the Arachnids if they work. Tesla (of course) has not really been much help. I know the offset is about 5mm difference, but my main concern is load rating and whether it is ok for the X.

thanks
tony

Reactions: Cowby