TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Custom Charging Adapter Case

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by mattmass, Jun 1, 2015.

1. mattmass

mattmass Member

I made a custom case for my charging adapters. I think it turned out great, and was easy and inexpensive. Thought I'd share.

Here's a link to the case: http://www.carrycasesplus.com/economy-cases/economy-select/tk-1409.html. I'm a sucker for organization, so I have a feeling I'm going to be ordering more of these cases for random stuff around the house.

IMG_0397.JPG

Now, if only I could get my hands on a 14-30 adapter...

2. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

While that seems very organized, it seems like a huge volumetric space to hold just 4 adapters.

You can make your own 14-30 adapter here: http://cosmacelf.net/Home%20Made%20Adapters.pdf

Very easy. I've made two of these for 30(24) amp charging with the UMC.

3. mattmass

mattmass Member

I prefer to have them securely stored away, but I can totally see this being too big for some.

I assume you made a 14-50 female to 14-30 male? I know I could do that, but I just can't bring myself to defeat the current protection mechanism, even though you can dial the car down. I have a 10-30 female to 14-30 male made that turned out well, but I'd still like the 14-30 adapter.

4. wcfinvader

wcfinvader Member

Where's the CHAdeMO adapter go? ;p

5. mattmass

mattmass Member

Ha! Honestly, if I had found a case that would have fit it nicely, I would have done it.

6. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Active Member

Looks like there might be some room in there for a pistol :)