Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Custom MSM Project

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@fseir,

Wow....those letters look horrendous. How disappointing. I JUST ordered those last night (wish I saw your post first) and if mine are in that condition of quality they’ll be going back. My OCD would not accept those. Let me know if you were able to clean those up before application but we should not have to go through all that. Is that ‘S’ bendable or can you reshape it at all?
Would love to see photos of the letters installed if you get time!

Ski
To be fair, those are super zoomed in photos, and I think maybe the rough edges are actually part of the adhesive, rather than the lettering (so it may stay behind when I pull the paper carrier sheet off). When you look at the lettering from more than a foot away, it looks really good. Also, the letters are flexible, so I think I’ll be able to adjust the S before I press it down.

Busy with work, and haven’t had time to do the installation yet. I’ll be sure to post photos when I do.

Been traveling and havent had time to do much. Goal for the weekend will be to put the puddle lights in.

I put the T logos in the center caps for the wheels, and there were requests for closer pics of the white wraps. They have held up better than expected. No finger prints, dirt or dust comes off very easy and no issues on corners. On the wood trim there is a slight texture that shows through from the wood grain, I like it.

Attachments

• 0609180838.jpg
    0609180838.jpg
    376.9 KB · Views: 165
  • 0609180838_HDR.jpg
    0609180838_HDR.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 143
  • 0609180838a_HDR.jpg
    0609180838a_HDR.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 141
  • 0609180839_HDR.jpg
    0609180839_HDR.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 131
  • 0609180839a_HDR.jpg
    0609180839a_HDR.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 128
Really like the direction you're going with this. Was thinking of doing something very similar with my Pearl White Model 3. So beneficial to see your photos first.

A few questions:

1.) How are you finding dealing with RPM Tesla? Looks like the quality of their products is fairly decent for the money. Good value. customer service?

2.) Really curious about the white wrap on the wood since the wood is not a smooth substrate. I saw the new pic you just posted, can you perhaps post a few more detail shots showing the texture and also how the edges at the door openings look?

3.) Any issues with glare or reflections?

4.) any concerns with the durability of the wrap on the center console? I was thinking I might have to put PPF on top of the wrap to prevent damage...

Thanks so much!

Really like the direction you're going with this. Was thinking of doing something very similar with my Pearl White Model 3. So beneficial to see your photos first.

A few questions:

1.) How are you finding dealing with RPM Tesla? Looks like the quality of their products is fairly decent for the money. Good value. customer service?

2.) Really curious about the white wrap on the wood since the wood is not a smooth substrate. I saw the new pic you just posted, can you perhaps post a few more detail shots showing the texture and also how the edges at the door openings look?

3.) Any issues with glare or reflections?

4.) any concerns with the durability of the wrap on the center console? I was thinking I might have to put PPF on top of the wrap to prevent damage...

Thanks so much!

RPM has been great. Products and pricing I think have best value in market. They have a note on their site now that demand is high and orders are delayed. I ordered a couple things about 10 days ago and hasn't shipped, but no rush.

Glare surprisingly is non existent. I've been in direct sunlight driving and is no issue. Definitely looks larger in there and the contrast of grays and blacks really pops.

Ill get a few pics shortly.

I should mention I was worried about around the steering wheel knobs coming up as you use them. No signs of wear and sharp edges. I did take an exacto knife on the cup holder where a millimeter off.

Attachments

• 0609181404_HDR.jpg
    0609181404_HDR.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 116
  • 0609181402.jpg
    0609181402.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 112
  • 0609181403_HDR.jpg
    0609181403_HDR.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 123
  • 0609181406_HDR.jpg
    0609181406_HDR.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 129
I should mention I was worried about around the steering wheel knobs coming up as you use them. No signs of wear and sharp edges. I did take an exacto knife on the cup holder where a millimeter off.

really looks quite good, and the vinyl on top of the wood looks better than I was expecting. Appreciate your prompt reply and pics. Thanks!! Oh, how about the edges of the wood by the doors?

really looks quite good, and the vinyl on top of the wood looks better than I was expecting. Appreciate your prompt reply and pics. Thanks!! Oh, how about the edges of the wood by the doors?

A little tricky playing around with that. I have a small gap that is only noticeable to me and could lift and re apply if I wanted, but when doors are closed you don't see any edges.

First time ever doing vinyl application and went quite well. No bubbles or folds. Don't be afraid to try yourself. Watch rpmtesla on YouTube on how to apply, you can pull it up and retry and once done it looks perfect still.

A little tricky playing around with that. I have a small gap that is only noticeable to me and could lift and re apply if I wanted, but when doors are closed you don't see any edges.

First time ever doing vinyl application and went quite well. No bubbles or folds. Don't be afraid to try yourself. Watch rpmtesla on YouTube on how to apply, you can pull it up and retry and once done it looks perfect still.

Btw, white satin is not a selection on RPM, when placing the order you can put it in the notes section and they take care of it.

Awsome. I'm following this thread! Can't wait to see the install of the letters. Do you have more pictures of the interior? I know you were busy yesterday, but maybe posting it here so others can see.
Done at last! I posted my photos and experience with the AO kit, here:

MS/MX style aftermarket rear chrome trim for Model 3

but I’ll repost the pics here:

8E65D8AC-8151-44DB-A368-C9DC53A12ADC.jpeg
D43A56DA-513D-4868-AD6A-9541A2A88806.jpeg
3ED38F4D-015A-47D7-AA68-3EA004349C78.jpeg

In spite of my initial trepidation, I’m very pleased with how it turned out!