Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Custom MSM Project

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All! Just picked up my long range MSM M3 today 5/31! Car is absolutely flawless and exceeds all expectations. I had a 2015 infiniti Q50, and this is so much more fun to drive!

I have a host of after market items that I will be adding and keeping a thread about installation and feedback. So far here is the list:

White satin center console 3M vinyl - RPM tesla
White satin dash 3M vinyl - RPM tesla
White satin steering wheel 3M vinyl - RPM tesla
Wireless charging pad - RPM tesla
Metallic grey door handle vinyl - RPM tesla
Screen protector - RPM tesla
Model 3 puddle lights - RPM tesla
19 inch glossy black turbines - EV Wheel direct
Pirelli cintirato p7 all season 235 / 40
White leather with model 3 logo seat - Tsportline
Full carbon fiber sport body kit - Tsportline (delivery summer)
Ceramic coating and xpel front wrap - Syracuse auto spa
Franz "TESLA" bumper logo - abstract ocean

Started with white vinyl tonight. My wife helped which is a super plus having the extra hands avoiding bubbles! I was afraid it was going to be tough, but patience was key and we got it done.

I'll post updates a long the way, let me know what you think! Months of agonizing over color selections, can't wait to see it come together!

Attachments

• 0531181015b.jpg
    0531181015b.jpg
    320.7 KB · Views: 344
  • 0531182023.jpg
    0531182023.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 309
Ah, you beat me to the white center console. I've already had mine wrapped with XPEL Stealth and am putting Satin Frozen Vanilla on the center console over the top of that. Which 3M white are you using? Goes back to shop next week for that and chrome delete. I was on the fence about the white dash. How is it with sun shining on it; reflections on the window or anything?

I did the RPM Tesla lights as well. I will say the Model 3 Puddle Lights aren't particularly useful as puddle lights, but they do catch people by surprise (in a good way). I'd recommend getting their LED lights to put in the trunk, glovebox, and center console. I also put their blue LEDs in the footwells and they're really nice.

I have a White Model 3 that I wrapped in XPEL Stealth. It's super subtle. Yours, on the other hand, would be more prominent and would look sick in stealth.

Ah, you beat me to the white center console. I've already had mine wrapped with XPEL Stealth and am putting Satin Frozen Vanilla on the center console over the top of that. Which 3M white are you using? Goes back to shop next week for that and chrome delete. I was on the fence about the white dash. How is it with sun shining on it; reflections on the window or anything?

I did the RPM Tesla lights as well. I will say the Model 3 Puddle Lights aren't particularly useful as puddle lights, but they do catch people by surprise (in a good way). I'd recommend getting their LED lights to put in the trunk, glovebox, and center console. I also put their blue LEDs in the footwells and they're really nice.

I have a White Model 3 that I wrapped in XPEL Stealth. It's super subtle. Yours, on the other hand, would be more prominent and would look sick in stealth.

Hey, any chance you could post what your model 3 looks like with xpel stealth? I haven't seen any photos with white xpel. Also, are you planning on doing a white interior? I'm curious to see how they will look.

Hey, any chance you could post what your model 3 looks like with xpel stealth? I haven't seen any photos with white xpel. Also, are you planning on doing a white interior? I'm curious to see how they will look.

Not planning to do white interior. I like the monochrome look with white exterior, chrome delete, and then primarily black interior with white accents.

And yes, I can upload some photos. I don't have any good ones at the moment; it's super hard to get the satin effect in photos on the white because it's so subtle. I'll try to get some good photos and then maybe I'll even post my own thread on my customizations.

Not planning to do white interior. I like the monochrome look with white exterior, chrome delete, and then primarily black interior with white accents.

And yes, I can upload some photos. I don't have any good ones at the moment; it's super hard to get the satin effect in photos on the white because it's so subtle. I'll try to get some good photos and then maybe I'll even post my own thread on my customizations.

Do you think this would look good on a red model 3? I sat in one the other day, and it felt slightly boring to me. I feel like the white interior makes the car feel bigger but I'm curious if "white" accents help with that? No one seems to have done it yet and I can't find any pictures yet

Do you think this would look good on a red model 3? I sat in one the other day, and it felt slightly boring to me. I feel like the white interior makes the car feel bigger but I'm curious if "white" accents help with that? No one seems to have done it yet and I can't find any pictures yet

It's all subjective. I, myself, don't like many red cars. There was a red Model 3 getting it's front-end wrapped next to my car at the shop and it really was just an underwhelming shade of red to me. Franz's signature red Model 3 is a bit more appealing with that darker shade. Ignoring shade of red though, I kind of think back to the Red iPhone 7 that had the white bezel. That got a ton of complaints and this year they switched to the black bezel which, in my eyes, looked better. Again, subjective.

I remember sitting in one the first time and being a little underwhelmed with aspects of the interior; namely the steering wheel and the piano gloss center console. I've come to really like the feel and size of the steering wheel and the stealth wrap of the center console has tied things together. That said, I'm a minimalist when it comes to car interiors; I specifically have purchased cars based on the interior layouts.

Sure the interior is minimal and perhaps a little boring (to some), but I think of it like a house. I prefer neutral color painted walls and clean lines so that I can let my own things standout more in it and provide the pop; art on the walls, unique furniture, etc. In the Model 3, I've changed out the lights and wrapped the console. OP has wrapped the dash and sounds like will wrap the wheel. So it's kind of like a blank canvas for you to try stuff on.

The interior is just white satin. Those colors on the site you linked are pretty sick. As mentioned in another post above, the white makes it feel a little bigger inside somehow. There wasn't much or any glare, but I haven't seen it in direct sun yet.

I went back and forth on the stealth wrap. End of the day I chose to go a shiny path and wanted glossy rims and shiny car...maybe in a few years ill go with a different look.

Ill look into the lights, I didnt look in the trunk or ambient lighting brightness yet. thanks!

The trunk light difference is massive. Did you do the Tesla Model 3 puddle lights all around or just the front doors? I put the Tesla TPM LEDs in the back doors as well and they are noticeably brighter.
The lighting upgrades are definitely helpful in the trunk. I used the RPM versions, but I would now recommend Abstract Ocean, just because shipping and communication from RPM was poor (took over a month to get them, and multiple emails went ignored). Was a bit tricky getting them into the brackets that hold them in place, but once I figured out how to free up the trunk liner and angle them in, it was smooth sailing.

5AEA3536-0417-4AE5-9950-E691FF8FF703.jpeg

Note that my trunk doesn’t have the new trim piece under the back opening, that the newer cars have. Not sure if that will make access to these lights more challenging...

Also, here’s a comparison of the upgraded light in the front door, with the OEM light in the back door:

7B7A4EBB-56C5-4225-90DD-F6369F07E7AA.jpeg

Even in a brightly lit garage, you can see quite a big difference in the reflection.

Last edited:
I’ve also purchased the Franz style lettering from AO, but since my car was at the SC until yesterday, I haven’t installed it yet. May do it this weekend. Only thing giving me the slightest bit of hesitation, is that some of the letters seem to have some rough edges. Debating whether to try using an X-acto knife to try to clean them up before applying, but afraid I might make things worse (by screwing up the clear transfer tape in the process). The S is also slightly distorted, too, with the top horizontal line not quite perfectly aligned with the bottom horizontal line. Yes, I know I have an OCD problem, but I think it’s a common affliction amongst Tesla owners. :p

Anyway, if I work up the courage to do it this weekend, I’ll post some photos of the lettering on my MSM M3.

880332B5-368D-4E0B-92A4-90FAFB356EA4.jpeg

Attachments

• 3AAA6543-91EA-4573-97FD-C8C710AF6722.jpeg
    3AAA6543-91EA-4573-97FD-C8C710AF6722.jpeg
    215.9 KB · Views: 248
The lighting upgrades are definitely helpful in the trunk. I used the RPM versions, but I would now recommend Abstract Ocean, just because shipping and communication from RPM was poor (took over a month to get them, and multiple emails went ignored).
I can echo this. Waited 3 weeks with no word from RPM Tesla for simple red ‘T’ decals. Email went unanswered. Finally I called and a nice lady answered immediately. She said fulfillment is way backed up. I got the impression that she is ‘fulfillment’ in addition to phones, office and who knows what else. I think she moved me to the head of the line because my order arrived two days later. Good product.

I used the Abstract Ocean led lights, and they are awesome and so simple to install.

Awsome. I'm following this thread! Can't wait to see the install of the letters. Do you have more pictures of the interior? I know you were busy yesterday, but maybe posting it here so others can see.
Hi, not sure if you’re talking to me, or OP. I don’t have the white interior wraps. I have the RPM brushed titanium 3M wrap on my center console, but the SC scratched the vinyl on my flip lid cover, so they’re going to reimburse me, and I think I’ll probably go with the AO version next time.

Here is an update, added the white on the steering wheel. Also threw the black glossy rims on.

Thanks for the pictures of the lights. I ordered them.

I am actually thinking of putting the Franz lettering on the bottom lip of the front...ill wait until after body kit and see how it'll look.

Getting a ton of compliments from friends and neighbors on the white interior, it looks great. My whote leather is gen 2 seats and Tsportline sent gen 1 since I ordered early. Going to be a while before I get that on.

Attachments

• 0602181845_HDR.jpg
    0602181845_HDR.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_20180602_185030_037.jpg
    IMG_20180602_185030_037.jpg
    925.8 KB · Views: 291
Here is an update, added the white on the steering wheel. Also threw the black glossy rims on.

I am actually thinking of putting the Franz lettering on the bottom lip of the front...ill wait until after body kit and see how it'll look.

Getting a ton of compliments from friends and neighbors on the white interior, it looks great. My whote leather is gen 2 seats and Tsportline sent gen 1 since I ordered early. Going to be a while before I get that on.
Nice wheels!

The white contrast with the black seats look great. Can I ask, does it match with the headliner? Can you take a picture from the back seat facing forward? Also, how is the quality of the material? My concern is that with white, it may look a little cheap in person.

I’ve also purchased the Franz style lettering from AO, but since my car was at the SC until yesterday, I haven’t installed it yet. May do it this weekend. Only thing giving me the slightest bit of hesitation, is that some of the letters seem to have some rough edges. Debating whether to try using an X-acto knife to try to clean them up before applying, but afraid I might make things worse (by screwing up the clear transfer tape in the process). The S is also slightly distorted, too, with the top horizontal line not quite perfectly aligned with the bottom horizontal line. Yes, I know I have an OCD problem, but I think it’s a common affliction amongst Tesla owners. :p

Anyway, if I work up the courage to do it this weekend, I’ll post some photos of the lettering on my MSM M3.

View attachment 305866

@fseir,

Wow....those letters look horrendous. How disappointing. I JUST ordered those last night (wish I saw your post first) and if mine are in that condition of quality they’ll be going back. My OCD would not accept those. Let me know if you were able to clean those up before application but we should not have to go through all that. Is that ‘S’ bendable or can you reshape it at all?
Would love to see photos of the letters installed if you get time!

Ski

Reactions: scrapps